The Future Moving In
In the fall of 2003, Siemens home appliances became available to U.S. consumers for the first time through Best Buy stores nationwide. Globally, Siemens is one of the major forces in the home appliances industry. Sold in more than 55 countries around the globe, Siemens stands for innovative thinking, precision engineering and pure style to millions of people worldwide.
Siemens is the number one appliance brand in Germany, the number two appliance brand in Europe and the third largest appliance manufacturer worldwide. In the United States, they're just getting started, and they're excited that U.S. consumers appreciate the technological superiority and stylish design of Siemens appliances.
Siemens, the great name in technology, stands for intelligent innovations and consistent orientation toward the future, and a modern approach to the technical features and design of home appliances. Visionary approach and the use of cutting-edge technologies aimed at improved functionality gives rise to pioneering products and solutions that allow the user to perceive and experience progress in a fascinating manner.
Home appliances from Siemens are characterized by clear, functional design and optimum precision. Siemens products set standards in the marketplace. They are the result of progressive ideas, a consistent system- and performance-based approach and perfection in the way this is put into practice.
An unexpectedly good evening. Brought to you by the Siemens 27" ultraSense washer.
You have implicit trust in your Siemens ultraSense washing machine. The fact that your dress is silk doesn't mean you have to run down to the dry cleaner. Your Siemens clothes washer features specialty wash cycles and 15 wash cycles overall. Each cycle is engineered to thoroughly and safely clean nearly everything in your clothes closet, your linen closet or on your bed.
Specialty wash cycles include Outdoor, darkColor (which thoroughly cleans dark colors without fading them), Sanitary 170 degrees, woolCare, Silk/Satin, Hand Wash and speedWash. Temperatures are precisely controlled by an internal heater. Water is heated to the optimum temperature for each type of clothing at just the right time in the wash or rinse cycle. In fact, since soap won't break down and clean properly in water colder than 60 degrees, the incoming water is heated to the proper degree of cold.
The Siemens washing machine is simple to use, too. Just select your cycle and start it. A network of digital sensors automatically controls every aspect of the wash, including determining water level, adding water if there's too much soap, and scanning the wash water for particulates and adding up to three rinse cycles if necessary.
With its large capacity, you can wash all your similar items at the same time. It's large enough to wash your king-size comforter if you happen to spill ice cream on it while watching a classic movie late one sleepless night. And the huge stainless steel drum and large 16" door opening make loading and unloading it easy.
This washer uses 161 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $17.15.
The estimated yearly operating cost is based on doing 8 laundry loads a week and the 2007 national average electricity cost of $.1065 per kWh. Your operating cost will depend on your utility rates and usage.
*Operating cost based on electric water heating.
Internal Water Heater for Guaranteed Temperatures:
Automatic Water Level Adjustment (Load Size Sensor):
Automatic Detergent Residue Removal (Sudsing Sensor):
Wash Water Soil Sensor (Auto Rinse):
Automatic Load Balancing:
Detergent Efficiency System with 3 Dispenser Chambers:
Regular/Cotton - Cold, Warm, Hot:
Permanent Press - Cold, Warm, Hot:
3.81 Cu. Ft.
Safety Door Lock (Add-a-Garment Option):
Rust-Proof Stainless Steel Inclined Drum:
Optional 8" Pedestal with Storage Drawer:
Modified Energy Factor (MEF):
Annual Water Consumption:
Silence Rating (IEC):
- The Siemens ultraSense washer features an array of cycles engineered to carefully wash each of the many garments hanging in your closet.
- Any washer can get dark colors clean.
- But the Siemens ultraSense washer gets dark colors clean without fading them.
Outdoor Wear Cycle
- Today's new fabrics demand a modern solution.
- Precision-controlled wash cycles make sure your cycling clothes are perfectly clean and ready for another workout.
170° Sanitary Cycle
- There's nothing like slipping between freshly washed and dried sheets.
- With Siemens, your bedding and towels don't just look clean, they are clean.
Extra Large Capacity Drum
- You can easily wash 27 towels at once or a king-size comforter.
- The huge stainless steel drum can handle it.
Extra Large Door Opening
- They thought that if they were going to make a drum that can wash a king-size comforter, they'd better make a huge door opening for easy loading and unloading.
- You only want to do this once every decade or two.
- Siemens washers are tested to last at least 4,000 washes.
- And every single washer is run-tested before it leaves their factory.
Energy Star Qualified
- With a Siemens washer, you get better cleaning without giving up efficiency.
- The ultraSense washer saves water.
- The optional pedestal provides handy storage underneath, and also makes loading and unloading wet, heavy clothes easier on your back.
Siemens ultraSense WFXD5202UC Reviews