Welcome to SAMSUNG. For over 70 years, SAMSUNG has been dedicated to making a better world through diverse businesses that today span advanced technology, semiconductors, skyscraper and plant construction, petrochemicals, fashion, medicine, finance, hotels, and more. Their flagship company, SAMSUNG Electronics, leads the global market in high-tech electronics manufacturing and digital media. Through innovative, reliable products and services; talented people; a responsible approach to business and global citizenship; and collaboration with their partners and customers, SAMSUNG is taking the world in imaginative new directions. Available at AJ Madison.
The Samsung Philosophy. At SAMSUNG, they follow a simple business philosophy: to devote their talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Every day, their people bring this philosophy to life. Their leaders search for the brightest talent from around the world, and give them the resources they need to be the best at what they do. The result is that all of their products - from memory chips that help businesses store vital knowledge to mobile phones that connect people across continents - have the power to enrich lives. And that's what making a better global society is all about.
Their Vision. Their Mission. SAMSUNG is guided by a singular vision: to lead the digital convergence movement. They believe that through technology innovation today, they will find the solutions they need to address the challenges of tomorrow. From technology, comes opportunity - for businesses to grow, for citizens in emerging markets to prosper by tapping into the digital economy, and for people to invent new possibilities. It's their aim to develop innovative technologies and efficient processes that create new markets, enrich people's lives and continue to make Samsung a trusted market leader. Everything they do at SAMSUNG is guided by their mission: to be the best "digital-eCompany".
When space is at a minimum, the Samsung RF197AC is the perfect fit. This 18 cu. ft. French Door refrigerator is almost 3" slimmer than conventional models. And also delivers the same innovative features Samsung is known for, like its Twin Cooling Plus cooling system. It keeps your food fresher longer. And surround air flow keeps the refrigerator at the ideal temperature. Expecting guests You can also fast chill or fast freeze your food whenever you need it. Worried about the electric bill This refrigerator is ENERGY STAR rated so you can rest assured that it's energy efficient.
This refrigerator uses 445 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $49.35.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating costs is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh. For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances..
17.8 Cu. Ft.
Net Refrigerator Capacity:
12.1 Cu. Ft.
Net Freezer Capacity:
5.7 Cu. Ft.
# of Tempered Glass Shelves:
Interior Light (W*EA):
40 W x 1 EA (LED)
Humidity Controlled Crispers:
External Filtered Water and Ice Dispenser:
Internal Filtered Water Dispenser:
Internal Digital Display:
Power Freeze and Power Cool Options:
Built-In Automatic Icemaker:
40 W x 1 EA (LED)
Large Opague Bin with 2 Dividers:
Auto Pull Out Upper Freezer Drawer:
EZ-Open Handle On Freezer Door:
Parts and Labor:
One (1) Year Parts and Labor
Sealed System Parts and Labor:
Five (5) Years Sealed System Parts and Labor
Dimensions and Weights
Height with Hinge:
Height without Hinge:
Depth with Door Handle:
Depth without Door Handle:
Depth without Door:
ENERGY STAR Compliant
- By being ENERGY STAR compliant you are assured that your Samsung model is helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money.
- ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy promoting energy efficiency.
Twin Cooling System
- Samsung's Twin Cooling system takes refrigeration out of the ice age with dual action cooling that keeps your food fresh.
- To do this, the system controls and generates cooling air for the refrigerator and freezer separately, with two independent evaporators, two independent fan systems and precise electronic control.
- The Twin Cooling system maintains a level that's just right so food stays fresher longer.
Internal Digital Display and Control
- Controlling the refrigerator is easy with the digital display.
- The refrigerator and freezer temperatures and other information are easily viewable.
Surround Air Flow
- Surround air flow provides even cooling throughout the refrigerator to maintain optimal temperatures and keep food fresh.
Power Freeze and Power Cool
- Fast chill or fast freeze your food quickly whenever you need it.
- Ice cream melted on the way home from grocery shopping With just the press of a button, it can be restored to frosty perfection within minutes.
- This feature can also be used when the temperature inside the refrigerator or freezer compartment needs to be cooled due to repeated door openings.
Automatic Ice Maker
- Give your ice trays the cold shoulder.
- Ice is made automatically so ice cubes are always ready and waiting to cool your favorite drink.
Samsung RF197ACRS Reviews