42 Inch Built-in Side-by-Side Refrigerator with 16 cu. ft. Capacity
Wrinkled fruit, wilted lettuce. You've seen your share of past due, even spoiled food in the refrigerator. Well, it doesn't have to be that way - the Sub-Zero 42 inch Built-in Side-by-Side Refrigerator keeps your food fresher longer with the most advanced food preservation technology available - a technology developed through almost 70 years of research. That means crisper greens, juicier peppers, blueberries that burst with flavor - even weeks after you've brought them home from the market. You'll taste the difference.
With dual refrigeration, fresh foods thrive in a humid yet chilly climate, while frozen and convenience foods get the dry, frigid air they need. An air purification system inspired by NASA technology scrubs the air of ethylene gas, bacteria, mold and viruses. A magnetic door seal system locks in cold, while an advanced microprocessor monitors each section of your Sub-Zero for pinpoint climate control. Storage capacity for this unit is a generous 16.3 cu. ft. refrigerator, 8.0 cu. ft. freezer. Bottom line More flavorful, delicious food for you, your family, your guests.
Since its founding, Sub-Zero has pioneered quality products that meet its customers needs. In the mid-1950s, for example, the company developed the built-in refrigerator - a unit that changed the future of kitchen design by fitting within surrounding counter and cabinet space. For 60 years, Sub-Zero has offered innovative, aesthetically appealing and technologically advanced solutions to meet virtually any home refrigeration need. Through foresight and responsiveness, the company has earned its position as an industry leader and seeks to maintain this reputation with a dedication to quality design and customer satisfaction.
This refrigerator uses 650 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $72.09.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating costs is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh. For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances.
Energy Star Qualified:
Stainless Steel Model Only
Annual Energy Usage:
$62 - $67
Adjustable, Spill-Proof Glass Shelves:
Informational Freshness Cards Inside Unit:
Dual Refrigeration System:
Air Purification System:
Adjustable Glass Shelves:
Stationary Glass Shelf:
1 with Divider
2 with Divider
Adjustable Door Shelves:
Stationary Door Shelves:
Adjustable Dairy Compartment:
Water Filtration System:
Adjustable Wire Shelves:
Stationary Solid Shelf:
Adjustable Door Shelves:
115 V AC, 60 Hz
1/4" OD Copper Line, 30-100 psi
Dimensions and Weights
541 - 582 Lbs.
- This technology pioneered by Sub-Zero features separate compressors and cooling systems for the refrigerator and freezer. Fresh food stays fresher in cool, moist air on one side, while frigid, dry air prevents frost and freezer burn on the other - optim
- It continuously monitors each section of your Sub-Zero for pinpoint climate control, so foods are kept at their ideal temperature, varying by only one degree of your set point.
Air Purification System
- Many fresh foods emit ethylene gas, a natural compound that hastens spoilage. Sub-Zero's built-in refrigerators come with an anti-microbial air purification system (based on technology developed by NASA) that scrubs the air of ethylene, as well as mold, v
Automatic Ice Maker with "Max Ice"
- High-efficiency unit provides crescent-shaped ice cubes and includes a "max ice" feature capable of increasing ice production by an average of 30 percent for a 24-hour period - just the boost you need for parties and holidays.
- Designed to reduce contaminants and chlorine taste and odors when purifying water or ice, this low-maintenance system uses a filter built to last 1 year or 750 gallons. Replacement is fast and easy.
Magnetic Door Seal
- One-piece construction, extra-heavy insulation and magnetic gaskets around every door lock in cold air.
- See all your fresh foods more clearly and easily. LED lighting is also more energy-efficient - designed to last the life of your refrigerator.