Built-In Refrigeration 101
What’s new with built-in refrigerators?
A built-in refrigerator is a refrigerator that is installed in your cabinets. Built in refrigerators can either have stainless steel doors or can be covered by panels to match your cabinets for a completely seemless look. Built in refrigerators are built to last longer and have the best features available. If you’re in the market for a high-end refrigerator, you might be curious about the latest features. This article will address trends in built-in refrigeration and key features to look out for while shopping for a new refrigerator.
1. Metal interior
Metal is a better conductor of temperature than plastic, it’s why restaurant refrigerators have had stainless interiors for years. Recently manufacturers of residential refrigerators began incorporating metal interiors. Not only is it functional, but it also gives high-end refrigerators a beautiful appearance.
Multi-Flow Air System
- Dynamic cold air distribution with Multi-Flow Air System makes sure the entire refrigerator is cold enough, which is especially important for items on the door
- Connected to the HomeConnect app for troubleshooting, use and care, and remote monitoring
- Makes sure your groceries cool down quickly and all items in the refrigerator remain cool
2. Internal water dispenser
A few high-end refrigerators are available with an internal filtered water dispenser. This is a great innovation that’s convenient and beneficial for the environment. With an internal dispenser, you and your family can access clean water without having to carry those heavy packages of bottled water home from the store.
- Keeps fresh and frozen foods at an optimal temperature and moisture level for prolonged storage
Air Purification System
- Many fresh foods emit ethylene gas, a natural compound that hastens spoilage. Sub-Zero's built-in refrigerators come with an anti-microbial air purification system (based on technology developed by NASA) that scrubs the air of ethylene, as well as mold
- Designed to reduce contaminants and chlorine taste and odors when purifying water or ice, this low-maintenance system uses a filter built to last 1 year or 750 gallons. Replacement is fast and easy.
3. Fun custom colors
Custom color refrigerators are a great way to express your personal style in your new kitchen design. Whether you prefer matte black, cobalt blue, or neutrals, there are a bunch of custom color options out there.
Double-Pane Glass Door
- Low-E, double-pane, UV tinted glass to prevent food spoilage.
Stainless Steel Interior
- The industry-exclusive00-series stainless steel interior is antibacterial, hygienic, easy to clean, and does not retain food odor.
- Stainless steel grill boasts the precise, clean lines of luxury restaurants and hotels, and it lifts cleanly for easy top of unit access.
4. Durable shelves and door bins
If you’re in the market for a high-end refrigerator, you should expect the refrigerator shelves and bins to hold up over time. Many high-end refrigerators have soft-close hinges and are made of more durable materials like glass and metal, instead of plastic.
- Revel in the trinity of food preservation: three zones, three precision sensors, calibrated every second. Fortified by an exposed air tower, you can conquer humidity levels and customize the temperature of each zone to your deepest desires.
- Open door. Power outages. Filter changes. Connect to WiFi for real-time notifications and control your columns from anywhere. Tap and swipe on both iOS and Android devices.
Solid Glass and Metal
- All-metal bin and shelf frames. Thick, naturally odor-resistant solid glass. A forcefield at the edge that prevents spillovers.
5. Humidity and temperature-controlled zones
Not all food should be stored at the same temperature. Many high-end refrigerators have temperature and humidity controlled drawers so you can store a variety of different items at the perfect temperature.
- Doors close automatically and gently thanks to SoftSystem technology, which eliminates slamming even when shelves are fully loaded.The door hinges are rated for up to 79 pounds.
- BioFresh is an advanced food preservation system featuring independent climate controls. Create a high-humidity environment for fruits and veggies in one drawer, and a low-humidity environment for meats and cheeses in another. A third drawer can be set as BioFresh-Plus, lowering temperatures down to 28°F, ideal for storing fresh fish and seafood.
- Monolith comes with a SmartDeviceBox which can be controlled via a smartphone or tablet, activating settings and features while on the go.SmartDevice can also help you become a better chef by using internal cameras to tell you what items you'll need for a recipe.Use voice recognition to order what you're missing.
Forget the grocery list, with an internal camera you can view the inside of your refrigerator in real-time. This way you can make sure you have everything you need to make perfect meals.
IQ Remote View with Triple Cameras
- Wi-Fi enabled cameras and the Dacor iQ-Kitchen app, you can now catch a real time glimpse of everything in your refrigerator on your smartphone.
Triple Cooling with Two Dedicated Compressors
- Two dedicated digital inverter compressors with three evaporators create three independent cooling systems to maintain optimal storage conditions for the refrigerator and freezer compartments.
- Full-width stainless steel storage drawer provides optimal temperature control for storing everything from meat and fish, chilled drinks or deli, while also offering the option of safely defrosting items within a controlled space.
6. Wifi / Smart
Smart home appliances are more popular than ever before! Smart refrigerators give you peace of mind and more flexibility than ever before. Remote control, monitor or troubleshoot your refrigerator from your smart device or speaker. You can even get real-time alerts if the door is ajar or you're experiencing a service issue.
Advanced Temperature Management System with Multi-Shelf Brushed Aluminum Air Tower
- Provides even distribution of air throughout the refrigerator.
- Enjoy the convenience and freedom of wirelessly controlling functions from your smartphone.
Color-Matched Dispenser with Proximity Sensor
- Designed to accommodate glassware of all sizes, from pitchers to tumblers; control graphics light up as you approach and automatically switch off when you walk away.
If you’re shopping for a built-in refrigerator there are many features to look forward to! You will notice that many brands make refrigerators that have many of these luxury characteristics. For any additional questions please comment, call, or tweet us your questions @ajmadison.