If you're shopping for a new range chances are you want a good looking reliable stove with functional features but aren't ready to spend top dollar for a professional range, you have many options in the middle. Premium ranges are higher quality than value or entry level brands, yet don't have the hefty price tag of the ultra-high-end brands like Wolf, Thermador pro, or Jenn-Air pro.
In selecting the best premium ranges this year, we were faced with a challenge. We wanted to make this simple for you. In an industry with hundreds of ranges to choose from, we narrowed it down to the top 5 ranges with the best features, promotions, and reviews.
All of our selections were either front control or slide-in ranges for a more upscale look.These ranges are also a great option if you’re installing your range on an island or peninsula.
When making our selection, we prioritized factors like reliability, reviews, customization, and useful features that could enhance your cooking experience.
- ReliabilityWe get asked about reliability all the time. In this case, we judged reliability by our customers’ experiences with our products. Although it isn’t a perfect measure, we wanted to recommend products that worked well for our customers.
- CustomizationRanges are more customizable than ever. Whether you’re looking to make a statement with a beautiful red range, prefer sleek and modern white glass, or if you’re intrigued by black stainless, it’s better to have options! Fortunately, you don’t need to break the bank to get a colorful range.
- Useful Cooking FeaturesSome manufacturers go above and beyond to add extra features to give you a better cooking experience.
A temperature probe is a thermometer that plugs into your oven. This way you can track the internal temperature of your food as you're making it. It will take the guesswork out of your next roast or Thanksgiving turkey.
Gliding racks are a luxurious extra feature. An oven rack on a glider will make it easier and safer to get heavy items in and out of your oven. Some ranges even have a soft-close oven door.
- Smart (Wifi) Enabled AppliancesMany ranges today have smart technology. Whether you want to ask your smart speaker to preheat your oven, get notifications about potential service problems, or if you want to learn new recipes having a range that connects to Wifi is an added bonus.
- Warming DrawerYou know that dusty drawer under your old range that you never open? Some new ranges have turned that forgotten space into a warming drawer! If you have a busy family schedule, love to cook, or entertain often, consider a range with a warming drawer.
Gas ranges have a gas burner and a gas powered oven. Typically gas ranges will have at least one power burner for boiling water. Many ranges today will have an oval burner in the center which is great for a cast iron grill or griddle pan.
Dual fuel ranges have gas burners including many of the same features as gas ranges. However, dual fuel ranges are considered better because they have an electric oven, not a gas oven. Electric ovens are known for having more accurate and consistent oven temperature across all oven racks. Many dual fuel ranges have true convection ovens for faster, more even cooking.
Electric ranges have an electric cooking surface and an electric oven. Electric ranges can either have a smooth glass top, or a traditional coil top. Electric ranges tend to be less expensive than the other range types and are relatively easy to install.
Induction ranges are the newest cooking technology. Induction ranges have a smooth electric cooking surface and an electric-powered oven. Induction is known for being very fast, safe, and easy to clean.
Induction burners use electromagnetism to cause the molecules in your cookware to vibrate. This vibration creates heat, and is very easy to control. Induction ranges are considered an upgrade compared to regular electric ranges.
Customizable Finishes and Hardware
- Select any combination of premium finishes and hardware options to create a stunning look customized to any owner's taste.
- WiFi Connect appliances deliver real, everyday convenience for real, everyday moments. Stay informed about what your appliances are doing wherever you are.
- Accurate heat circulation is available in the lower oven.
- Allows for quick cleaning of minor food spills at temperatures lower than the standard self-clean feature.
Wi-Fi Connectivity with SmartThinQ® Technology
- LG SmartThinQ® appliances take innovative smart home technology to new heights, changing the way you run your home and your life.
- Delivers even baking results on every rack, every time. Inspired by pro-style ranges, this new LG range moved the heating element from the bottom of the oven to the back wall for optimal heat distribution.
- In three easy steps and 10 quick minutes your oven can be sparkling clean, without strong chemical fumes or high heat.
Powerful Dual-Stacked Burner
- Powerful 20,000 BTU dual-stacked center burner designed for faster boiling and low simmer.
- For even baking results on multiple racks.
- The warming drawer keeps everything you cook warm and ready to serve.
- Takes the guesswork out of cooking.
- An induction range with 4 color options: Stainless, Red, Black, or White
- Cooktop elements automatically shut down when a spill is detected, minimising baked-on grime.
- Aero™ Bake generates heat at the top and bottom of the oven, with the fan creating airflow throughout which speeds up cooking so oven temperatures can be lowered by 20 degrees celcius for most recipes.
- Remotely monitor your cooktop and control your oven with Wi-Fi capability. Use your smart phone to remotely monitor for safety, turn the oven on or off, and adjust the time and temperature on your oven for ultimate cooking experience.
- Flex Duo with Dual Door design provides ultimate cooking flexibility. Includes two independent temperature controls and convection systems, separated by a removable Smart Divider, so you can cook multiple dishes simultaneously.
- A 5.8 cu. ft. large capacity oven allows you to cook multiple dishes at once. The large interior can easily accommodate a big roast, multiple casserole dishes or several racks of cookies.