There are three kinds of cooking appliances out there, gas, radiant electric, and induction. Induction cooking is the newest technology. Like with most electric cooktops, induction cooktops have a smooth glass surface.
Induction is the best cooking technology on the market. Induction cooktops use a magnet to excite the molecules in your pan. The vibration of these molecules creates instant heat.
- SpeedInduction is the fastest cooking technology out there. If you want to reduce cooking times, induction is definitely the best way to go. Induction cooktops can boil water faster than professional gas cooktops and ranges.
Induction cooktops are the easiest cooking surface control. The heating elements respond instantly helping you avoid burning, overcooking, and boiling over.
- SafetyInduction cooktops are very safe. Since induction cooktops require pan detection to work, it's impossible to accidentally turn on an induction cooktop.
Induction cooktops will automatically adjust to your pan size. Although the glass under your pan can get hot, the area around the pan is cool to the touch. After you're done cooking, induction cooktops cool off relatively quickly.
- Easy CleaningGlass top cooktops are relatively easy to keep clean. Induction cooktops get less hot than regular radiant electric cooktops. This means that food splatter, and spillover is less likely to affect the appearance of your cooktop over time. Your induction cooktop will look brand new for years to come.
- EfficiencyInduction cooktops are more efficient than regular electric or gas cooktops. This means that your food will cook quicker and will release less residual heat into your kitchen. This means in most cases you can get away with a lower CFM vent hood. Induction is a great high-end alternative to gas if you're encountering costly make-up air restrictions.
Best Value Induction Cooktop 2020: GE Profile PHP9030SJSS 30 Inch Induction Cooktop with 4 Cooking ZonesKey Features:
11" 3,700-Watt Induction Element
- Rapidly boil water with GE's most powerful induction element.
- Control two 7" elements simultaneously to evenly heat large cookware or griddles.
- Cook efficiently with elements that heat to the size of your pan and shut off when no pan is present.
Best Premium Induction Cooktop 2020: Bosch Benchmark Series NITP069SUC 30 Inch Smart Induction Cooktop with Home Connect™Key Features:
- Provides more flexibility by combining two cooking zones into one larger zone; Place your cookware wherever you want on the flexible cooking zone.
- Divides your FlexInduction® combined cooking zone into 3 preset power level zones. Simply move the cookware to change the power level.
- The SpeedBoost™ function on Bosch induction cooktops adds even more power to speed up the cooking process, allowing you to boil water twice as fast as conventional electric cooktops.
- AutoChef® applies the perfect amount of heat for your meal by measuring the temperatures from the bottom of the pan to ensure perfect results and take the guesswork out of cooking.
Best Luxury Induction Cooktop 2020: Dacor Contemporary DTI36M977BB 36 Inch Smart Induction Cooktop with iQ KitchenKey Features:
- The Dacor iQ Kitchen app with integrated Wi-Fi features allows you to control and monitor your appliance remotely. There is also Seamless integration into the SmartThings connected platform.
- The LCD Control Panel is a full-touch culinary command center equipped with pre-programmed settings and step-by-step recipes.
- Activate and adjust the hood with Bluetooth and ConnectOn auto-responsive technology, which turns on the ventilation in conjunction with the cooktop, and increases the speed as necessary, with the use of a temperature sensor.
Best Small Space Induction Cooktop 2020: JennAir Lustre Stainless Series JIC4724HS 24 Inch Electric Induction Flex Cooktop with Magnetic InductionKey Features:
- Invoke the heat. Let it course through your cookware with two induction elements that fuse into one, a grand altar for cookware like griddles or braisers.
- Pique curiosity. A true flush installation makes the jet-black surface melt into its surroundings, luring you in.
- Versatility and functionality converge with the ability to install in a countertop above a JennAir® single wall oven.
Best Smart Induction Cooktop 2020: Thermador Masterpiece Series CIT36XWBB 36 Inch Smart Masterpiece Series Induction Cooktops with Wi-FiKey Features:
- Connectivity allows the cooktop and matching hood to communicate with one another to synchronize turning on task lighting and ventilation
- Allows you to change a preset power level simply by moving a pot or pan on the cooktop
- Increases element power by up to 50%, saving time to heat up pots containing large quantities of water