AJ Madison is required to collect sales tax for all deliveries in the following states:
• New York
• New Jersey
Sales tax is calculated in the shopping cart during the checkout process.
Tax ExemptionsQualifying for tax-exempt purchases
• Nonprofit organizations - Schools, public charities, churches and other religious entities, and other nonprofit organizations generally qualify under federal law. A tax exemption certificate is required.
• Individuals - Foreign diplomats, agents of foreign governments, and other individuals may be exempt from paying state and state-collected sales tax. A sales tax exemption card, such as a federal government purchase card or foreign diplomat card, is required.
• Federal and state governments - The U.S. government, its agencies, and its instrumentalities may make exempt purchases of goods and services. An exemption certificate or copy of government purchase card is required.
Contact Us within 30 days of your purchase, fax or email a copy of your tax exemption certificate, resale certificate and/or other required documentation to 718-732-4975 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow these steps for submission:
- Submit an email with your order number in the subject line
- Attach your tax-exemption documentation
- Write your order number and email address on your tax-exemption documentation.
- Label your fax cover sheet "Attention: Tax Exempt."
For your security, if you're faxing us a copy of a government purchase card, be sure to blackout the 16-digit number on the card. We will notify you via email if your request has been approved or denied. If denied, we will tell you why, and may request more information. Once your order is fulfilled, a credit for the applicable tax amount will be applied to the form of payment used to make the purchase. If you used a credit card, please allow up to three billing cycles for the credit to appear on your statement.