If you’re thinking about buying a professional-style range you’re either building a new kitchen or replacing your existing range. If you never before owned a pro range get excited because you’re going to love it! In this article, I’m going to talk about the top things you should consider when buying a new pro range. Specifically, is a built-in grill or griddle worth it?
Is a grill or griddle worth it?
Professional ranges come in a wide variety of configurations. All burners are the least expensive and the most popular configuration. Yet some pro ranges come with a built-in surface such as a grill or griddle.
You might have to choose a grill, griddle, or both
Some ranges (especially in the larger sizes) don’t have an all burner option and therefore you need to select a configuration. Burners with either a grill or griddle are the most popular.
Some ranges come with both a grill and griddle, keep in mind this typically takes up more burner real estate so I only recommending opting for both on a very large pro range.
- Two stacked, symmetrical flames bloom and retreat at your inclination, offering total control over heat levels. High-heat searing and wok cooking. Low, slow simmer and melt. Infinite intermediate settings satisfy every appetite.
- Cast off porous, superficially plated options. Go deeper. Infused with chrome, our griddle cleans up well after heavy usage.
JennAir® Culinary Center
- With step-by-step support, savor the full culinary experience backed by customized algorithms, featuring full-color food photography, doneness levels, pan types, and menu-specific tips.
Dual Stacked Burners
- 4 dual-stacked burners plus 16,000 Btu infrared charbroiler
- Temperature probe lets you know when it's done
- Red, black or stainless steel control knobs and a cobalt blue dual convection fan oven
Interchangeable Griddle Charbroiler
- Cast-iron interchangeable griddle charbroiler system allows for dual zone cooking with up to 40,000 BTUs of heat on four unique surfaces.
New PowR Oven
- New PowR Oven provides 40% faster preheating and 30% increase in oven efficiency.
1,850° Infrared Broiler
What else is trending?
In addition to griddle or grill configurations, we’re beginning to see pro ranges with induction, sous vide, and wok cooking. Although most brands have a grill or griddle option, the newer surfaces are just beginning to trend.