Homemade French Fries
o Air Fry Tray
o French Fry Cutter OR Sharp knife
o Small Bowl / Ramekin
o Measuring spoons
o (2) Large Bowls
o Potato Peeler
o Large broil pan / drip pan
o Aluminum foil
o Parchment Paper
o Zip Lock Bag (gallon size)
o Paper Towels
o Strainer (Optional)
o Cooling Rack
o 1.5 lbs. (24oz) Russet Potatoes (approximately 3-5 large)
o 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
o 1.5 Teaspoon Salt
o 1 Teaspoon Pepper
o 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
o Cold Water (for soaking)
o Pam Cooking Spray
1. In small bowl mix salt, pepper and corn starch and set aside.
2. Fill large bowl with cold water.
3. Peel whole potatoes with peeler and place into bowl of water,
4. Soak for a minimum of 30 minutes and maximum of 1 hour.
5. Fill second large bowl with cold water.
6. Remove whole potatoes from water, one at a time and use french fry cutter OR sharp knife to cut each potato.
7. Discard the small partial pieces. Place fries (cut potato) in second large bowl of cold water.
8. Soak for at least 30 minutes and no more than 1 hour.
9. For drip pan, cover broil pan with foil.
10. Top foil with parchment paper.
11. Fold foil edges over parchment paper.
12. Place in lowest rack position of oven to catch dripping while cooking.
13. Remove fries from water and dry well.
14. Preheat oven to 350° using Bake or Convect Roast. (Use Air Fry mode if available.)
15. Once preheated, cook fries for 10 minutes. (Using Bake mode may require extra cook time.)
16. Fill bowl with cold water.
17. Remove pan of fries and leave oven on.
18. Reset oven to 425° using Bake or Convect Roast. (Use Air Fry mode if available.)
19. Carefully place partially cooked fries into cold water.
20. Once cooled remove fries from water and place on paper towel lined pan. Pat dry with paper towels.
21. Place dried fries in zip lock bag then add vegetable oil.
22. Toss fries in bag until thoroughly coated.
23. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of corn starch mixture in bag and shake well to coat each french fry. Repeat this step until all of corn starch mixture is added and french fries are thoroughly coated with multiple coats.
24. Spray Air Fry pan with cooking spray.
25. Place fries on pan in single layer
26. Once oven is preheated, place pan of fries in preheated oven and cook for 15-25 minutes at 425°. (Using Bake mode may require extra cook time.)
27. Once cooking is complete remove pan of fries from oven.
28. Serve hot.