Why Choose Friedrich
As you shop for the perfect room air conditioner, you may encounter some familiar brand names. You've seen them on toasters, refrigerators, microwaves and washing machines.
Not the Friedrich name. Because air conditioners are the sole focus of their company. They don't manufacture light bulbs or televisions. They make air conditioners.
You'll find a range of choices: room, portable, ductless split systems, to name just a few. Their product pages will help you determine which type of air conditioner and installation best meet your needs.
For quality, performance, efficiency, choice and service, Friedrich is the name to know. Before you make this important purchase, find out what makes Friedrich air conditioners different.
Durable, Quiet, Efficient
Friedrich air conditioners are hard-working and hard-wearing. Their commercial-grade products are the first choice for tough environments, from oil rigs to the Kennedy Space Center. Constructed from the highest-quality materials and components, these units are built to exacting standards - yet they are among the quietest and most energy-efficient available.
Kuhl Is About Choice
When designing Kuhl, their engineers challenged convention to develop the most advanced window air conditioner on the market. Kuhl combines sophisticated controls, unrivalled quality, energy efficiency, and unmatched durability in one sleek performer.
You'll find more options, features and ways to customize your cooling experience than you ever thought possible in a window air conditioning solution.
This air conditioner has an Energy Efficiency Rating of 9.9 and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $150.39.
The estimated yearly operating cost is based on the 2011 national average cost of $.1109 cents per kWh for electricity and an estimated number of operating hours of 750 hours. Your operating cost will depend on your utility rates and usage.
Energy Efficiency Ratio (ERR):
Room Side Air Circulation:
Circuit Rating Breaker or T-D Fuse:
230V - 30A
Dimensions and Weights
Min. Extension Into Room:
Min. Extension Outside:
Window Width - Min.:
Comfort and Durability
- Advanced 7-day programmable thermostat allows you to program up to four settings a day, allowing each day of the week to have its own schedule.
- Fully programmable heating mode.
- Auto-changeover mode switches between cooling to heating automatically.
- Adjust comfort settings by using the arrow buttons on the LCD panel or the wireless remote from across the room.
- Choose the option of wiring one or more units to a single wall thermostat for simple, centralized control.
- 5 built-in environmental sensors more accurately monitor indoor and outdoor temperatures so that Kuhl can maintain your ideal settings.
- Fan's "auto" setting will adjust fan speed to maintain comfort settings.
- 3 speed settings each for fan, cooling and heating modes.
- Airflow can be adjusted in 8 different directions to minimize hot or cold spots in your space.
- Temperature readout can alternately display set temperature, room temperature and outdoor temperature, or digital clock as selected.
- LCD panel auto dims when not in use.
- Custom settings for display brightness, audio alerts, and more.
- 7-year battery provides back up system that saves settings if power is interrupted.
- Auto restart turns Kuhl back on when power is restored.
- Scratch-resistant cabinet finish.
- Control panel lock-out feature.
- Commercial grade durability.
Sound Reduction Technology
- Extra thick rubber grommets absorb vibration and reduce noise inside.
- Steel inner walls and extra dense insulation block outdoor noise.
- Unique airflow path minimizes operating sound.
- Larger discharge vents allow conditioned air to move more quietly.
- Can be installed in window or thru-the-wall (depending on wall thickness).
- Slide-out chassis design, including firm grip handles, makes installation and maintenance much easier.
- Rugged hardboard side panels allow for a more permanent installation.
- Front cover designed to allow power cord to exit left or right out of the unit.
- Heavy-duty installation hardware.
- Front cover attaches easily and securely; nut driver included.
Health and IAQ
- Advanced dual-stage carbon filtration system removes allergens, odors, ozone and other impurities from the air.
- In lab testing, combining the the optional carbon filter with the standard antimicrobial filter achieved a superior air filtration rating of MERV 6.
- Fresh air and exhaust vents offer additional air quality control.
- Maintenance made easy by hinged filter door access and electronic indicators, including check filter reminder and error code storage.
Safety and Security Features
- EntryGard anti-intrusion protection prevents kick-in by securing the unit in the sleeve.
- A protective rear grille shields the unit.
- Insect barrier keeps out smaller intruders.
Energy Management and Compliance
- Auto Fan mode saves money by conserving energy.
- Uses reverse cycle operation to efficiently heat.
- Uses approximately 1/3 of the energy used by electric heater models in temperatures above 39°F.
- Ozone-friendly R-410A refrigerant.
- ENERGY STAR qualified model.
Unique Digital Control System