Who They Are
Fisher and Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures and markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness.
Their heritage dates to the 1930's with the manufacture of designs made under licence. The pioneering spirit established by the founders encouraged a culture that challenged conventional appliance design and production systems. Available at AJ Madison.
Having learned about electronic drive systems through their flexible manufacturing equipment, they applied the knowledge to driving appliances. The world's first appliance using Brushless Direct Current Motors was introduced in the 1980's. This design later gave way to the development of the Smart Drive clothes washer.
They have created a culture where people and innovation can flourish. Their people and their ideas are the key to their success. Their people are the key to its success. They combine with three key factors to contribute to their growth - an ongoing commitment to research and development; an environment that allows their people to develop innovative ideas; a Board of Directors that gives these ideas the time and capital to meet their long-term goals.
AquaSmart is one of North America's most energy efficient clothes washers, combining all the best features of a top loader and all the good features of a front loader.
Not only does this unit combine Fisher and Paykel's leading innovation in technology, ergonomics and styling, it qualifies for the highest tier (tier 3) of the Super Efficient Home Appliances Initiative. AquaSmart is the perfect pair with the worlds first large capacity top loading dryer - Aerosmart.
This washer uses 175 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $19.41.
The estimated yearly operating cost is based on doing 8 laundry loads a week and the 2011 national average electricity cost of $.1109 per kWh. Your operating cost will depend on your utility rates and usage.
Height with Lid Open:
MEF (Modified Energy Factor):
1-Year Manufacturers Warranty
3 (330, 670, 1,000 RPM)
Auto Out of Balance Correction:
Controlled Cold Function 68°F (20°C):
Controlled Temperature Mixing Chamber:
Eco Active Wash System:
Fabric Softener Dispenser:
Stainless Steel Basket:
Wash Temperature Controls:
Auto Water Level
- The size of the load is sensed and the optimum water level is automatically selected, eliminating water wastage and fabric damage caused by too little water.
7 Wash Cycles
Best of Both Worlds - Dual Washing Modes
- AquaSmart combines all the best features of a Top Loader with the best features of a Front Loader at the touch of a button. AquaSmart is able to wash in both High Efficiency and Traditional wash modes - no other machine in the North American market can do
Smart Drive System
- Performance you can count on. Unlike conventional machines, AquaSmart washers use intelligence to continually adapt the wash action and water level to suit the load. Sensors monitor clothes movement and adjust the agitator for either gentle or lively acti
- Another world first. Load sensing senses and automatically sets the correct wash action for your load.
Low Profile Agitator
- AquaSmart has a revolutionary new Low Profile Agitator enabling this washer to achieve a 4.29 Water Factor.
New LED Control Panel
- AquaSmart offers a new level of interaction with an easy to use LED control panel.
Three Dispensing Options
- This machine provides three dispensing options for detergent, fabric softener and bleach. These clearly marked dispensers take the guesswork out of washing.
3 Spin Speeds (330, 670, 1000 rpm)
- The direct drive motor allows a range of spin speeds for different fabric types. A high spin speed removes water efficiently, reducing drying time.
- There is no need to clean a lint filter after every wash. Lint is automatically disposed of by the washer.
Eco Active Wash System
- Boosts soil removal and hygiene while conserving energy. Recirculation of water and concentrated detergent during pre-wash improves wash performance, creating an action similar to a front loader without the time constraints of heating water.
- Auto Out of Balance Correction
- Controlled Cold Function 68 Degrees F
- Controlled Temperature Mixing Chamber
Fisher & Paykel AquaSmart WL42T26DW1 Reviews