Who They Are
Fisher and Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures and markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness.
Their heritage dates to the 1930's with the manufacture of designs made under licence. The pioneering spirit established by the founders encouraged a culture that challenged conventional appliance design and production systems.
Having learned about electronic drive systems through their flexible manufacturing equipment, they applied the knowledge to driving appliances. The world's first appliance using Brushless Direct Current Motors was introduced in the 1980's. This design later gave way to the development of the Smart Drive clothes washer.
They have created a culture where people and innovation can flourish. Their people and their ideas are the key to their success. Their people are the key to its success. They combine with three key factors to contribute to their growth - an ongoing commitment to research and development; an environment that allows their people to develop innovative ideas; a Board of Directors that gives these ideas the time and capital to meet their long-term goals.
AquaSmart is North America's most energy efficient clothes washer, combining all the best features of a top loader and all the good features of a front loader.
Not only does this unit combine Fisher and Paykel's leading innovation in technology, ergonomics and styling, having gained a 3 tier MEF rating, is now a top loading washer with even more improvements in water and energy saving. AquaSmart is the perfect pair with the worlds first large capacity top loading dryer - Aerosmart. At AJ Madison.
3.7 Cu. Ft. (IEC)
MEF (Modifed Energy Factor):
Low Profile Agitator:
Capacitive Touch Control Panel:
Controlled Temperature Mixing Chamber:
Auto Out of Balance Correction:
Stainless Steel Bowl:
Eco Active Wash System:
3 (330, 670, 1,000 RPM)
Controlled Cold Function:
Specialty Life Cycles:
The most water and energy efficient top loaders in North America.
HE and Energy Star Qualified
Achieves Tier 3 of CEE Super-Efficient Home Appliances Initiative
19 Lifestyle Cycles Make Washing Easy
Direct Drive Motor
- Performance you can count on. Unlike conventional machines, their autowashers use intelligence to continually adapt the wash action and water level to suit the load.
- How Sensors in the electronics monitor clothes movement and adjust the agitator for either a gentle or lively action.
- It's rather like hand washing, where your hands communicate the feel of the fabric to the brain, which in turn tells the hands how hard or soft to rub the clothes.
Best of Both Worlds - Dual washing Modes
- AquaSmart combines all the best features of a Top Loader with the good features of a Front Loader at the touch of a button.
- AquaSmart is able to wash in both High Efficiency/Traditional wash modes - no other machine in the North American market can do this.
Low Profile Agitator
- AquaSmart has a revolutionary new Low Profile Agitator enabling this washer to be the only top loading washer to achieve a 4 Star (WELS) water rating.
Brushless DC Motor and Smart Electronics Increase Reliability
- No belts, pulleys, clutches or transmission.
- Parts that aren't there can't fail.