27 Inch 4.2 cu. ft. Front Load Washer with 11 Wash Cycles
With a 4.2 cubic-foot capacity, this front-load washer can wash up to three baskets worth of laundry in one cycle. If space is at a premium, the stack kit allows the dryer to be installed on top of the washer. Or, 15-inch tall, color-matched pedestals raise the washer and dryer to a more comfortable working height, and the large drawer provides convenient storage options.
Wash cycles include Normal, Cold Wash, Delicates, Heavy Duty, Clean Washer with affresh, Drain & Spin, Quick Wash, Sanitize, Whites, Towels, and Color Last. Adaptive Wash technology senses the needs of each load and adapts wash actions. Clothes always look their best, and colors stay vibrant wash after wash. What's more, Precision Dispense holds detergent and additives, and it releases detergent at the correct time during the cycle for optimal fabric care. Detergent mixes with water to penetrate fabrics, virtually eliminating pre-treating. Meeting ENERGY STAR qualifications, this washer exceeds government standards to help conserve natural resources and save money on utility bills.
At Whirlpool, advanced performance means getting great results while using less water and energy. Their ENERGY STAR qualified appliances deliver eco-efficient operation that exceeds the toughest government standards. Whirlpool is dedicated to making guesswork a thing of the past. Every detail is attended to. Every machine is designed to help you manage your home precisely the way you want-easier, faster and smarter.
This clothes washer uses 79 kWh/yr. and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $13.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating cost is based on 8 wash loads a week and a 2015 national average cost of $0.121 cents per kWh.
For more information, visit www.eia.gov.
Cycle Indicator Lights with Digital Time Remaining
Estimated Time Remaining; Add Garment; Done; Delay Wash; Door Locked; Sensing; Steaming; Clean Washer Reminder; Fan Fresh
Automatic Dispense System:
Detergent, Fabric Softener & Bleach
Load Size Sensing Technology:
Out of Balance Sensing:
2 Springs and 4 Dampers
Number of Wash Cycles:
Washer Cycle Selections:
Normal; Cold Wash; Delicates; Heavy Duty; Clean Washer with affresh; Drain & Spin; Quick Wash; Sanitize; Whites; Towels; Color Last
Presoak; EcoBoost; Steam Clean; Extra Rinse; Fan Fresh; Delay Wash; End of Cycle Signal; Control Lock
30 minutes; 60 minutes; 8 hour
Number of Soil Levels:
3 - Heavy, Normal, Light
Number of Spin Speeds:
5 - Extra Fast, Fast, Medium, Slow, Off
Maximum Spin Speed:
Cold, Cool, Warm, Hot, Extra Hot
ADA Height, Side and Front Reach Compliant
Tier III (Highest Possible Efficiency Rating)
Motor Drive Type:
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
Depth with Door Open 90°:
38 3/4" - 39 3/4"
4.5 cu. ft. Capacity
- Wash over three baskets of clothing in a single load. Finish laundry faster with a 4.5 cu. ft. capacity that offers enough space to handle larger loads.
ENERGY STAR Qualified
- Exceeds government standards to help conserve natural resources and save money on utility bills.
Adaptive Wash Technology
- Adaptive Wash technology senses the needs of each load and adapts wash actions so your clothes always look their best and colors stay vibrant wash after wash.
Smooth Wave Stainless Steel Wash Basket
- The Smooth Wave stainless steel wash basket gently guides clothes through the wash cycle and helps protect fabrics from fraying and snags.
- Precision Dispense holds detergent and additives. It releases detergent at the correct time during the cycle for optimal fabric care. Detergent mixes with water to penetrate fabrics, virtually eliminating pretreating.
Steam Clean Option
- Add the power of steam to the stain-fighting Steam Clean option for even more help in breaking down deep soils.
- The Presoak option adds extra time for soaking before the wash cycle starts.
12-Hour FanFresh Option
- Keep clothes fresh for up to 12 hours after the wash cycle has ended. A built-in fan activates after the wash cycle is over, tumbling clothes for up to 12 hours so you can finish laundry when you're ready.
- The ColorLast cycle adjusts wash action, gentle temperatures and wash time to keep colors vibrant longer.
- Get additional energy efficiency without giving up cleaning performance. This option lowers water temperature and increases the tumbling action to use less energy while still delivering great cleaning and gentle performance.
- A 15-inch high pedestal can be placed under the washerer for laundry storage, or the stacking kit allows the matching dryer to be installed on top of the washer (sold separately).
Whirlpool WFW90HEFC Reviews