History of Bosch
1886 - A modern industrial giant began humbly enough when German engineer, Robert Bosch, opened his "Workshop for Precision Mechanics and Engineering." 1906 - Bosch had established its first U.S. subsidiary. That was followed by 60 years of growth into what became the Robert Bosch LLC. 1990 - Through acquisitions and innovation engineering, Bosch Appliances had grown to 41 subsidiaries worldwide. 1997 - Bosch made a bold commitment to the U.S. market with the construction of the New Bern, North Carolina Dishwasher plant. 2001 - Bosch Appliances are now available in 100 countries across the globe. The brand is proud to be ranked as the #1 and #2 dishwashers in a leading consumer magazine. 2002 - The on-going quality dedication and quest for innovation continue to make Bosch the leader in upscale appliances.
Since Bosch introduced their front-loading models in Europe over 50 years ago, their washers and dryers have steadily been advancing and improving. Their machines are so advanced that it's the most energy efficient in America, using 76% less water and almost 72% less energy then conventional top-loading machines. It offers superior cleaning results and quieter operation. Bosch washers and dryers is the best you'll ever own do to the powerful combination of efficiency, performance, value and engineering.
Bosch washers are the most efficient in the country. In fact, 750 billion gallons of water would be saved if everyone buying a new washer in 2008 puchased a Bosch washer rather than a conventional washer. Thanks to features like ECOSENSOR and ECOACTION, their laundry pair delivers unrivalled efficiency. Plus, every one of their washers is ENERGY STAR qualified per 2011 requirements, because they are committed to helping preserve their planet's resources, one home at a time.
This washer uses 150 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $15.98.
The estimated yearly operating cost is based on doing 8 laundry loads a week and the 2007 national average electricity cost of $.1065 per kWh. Your operating cost will depend on your utility rates and usage.
*Operating cost based on electric water heating.
AQUASTOP Leak Protection:
Time Remaining Display:
High Efficiency Tumble Action
Stainless Steel Drum:
Detergent Efficiency System:
Yes with 3 Dispenser Chamber
Door Handle Strip:
Regular/Cotton - Cold, Warm, Hot:
Perma Press - Cold, Warm, Hot:
Annual Water Usage:
ENERGY STAR Qualified:
Dimensions and Weights
- Using a thermostat-controlled, intelligent sensor for improved precision, this innovative cycle heats up the water to 170°F.
- And maintains this temperature for exactly 3 minutes.
- After killing 99.9% of most common household bacteria, the water temperature is reduced to a gentler 150°F to prevent fabric breakdown.
- Clothes are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized with no damage to the fibers.
- Bosch has engineered a special wash program designed especially to care for denim.
- It features specific temperature and spin profiles to prevent fading, which prolongs the life of the fabric.
- For ultimate efficiency, Bosch washers offer ECOACTION, which adjusts water temperature and cycle length with the touch of a button.
- Reduces energy consumption up to 20% per cycle.
- All Bosch washers are ENERGY STAR rated through 2011, which has helped make Nexxt washers the most efficient models on the market.
- Bosch washers spin your clothes at an extremely high speed.
- Helping to remove the most water possible before you move your clothes into the dryer.
- This minimizes energy usage during the drying process.
- Nexxt DLX Series - Nearly Silent Wash System
- By combining a high-quality brushless motor system, a low-friction belt drive and specially engineered housing for additional sound insulation, Bosch washers are the quietest in the industry.
- 4.0 Cubic Foot Large Capacity Washer
- They offer SENSOTRONIC PLUS, a network of sensors that analyze your wash, determining load size, temperature and more.
- Then adjusts levels automatically to care gently for everything from wool to silk.
- As your wash gently tumbles, Bosch's patented ARCHIE paddles cascade water from high above.
- Rinses away suds and giving your laundry a complete, gentle clean, without the use of a harmful agitator.
- Plus, an ingenious inclined drum helps ensure that not a single shirt goes unturned.
- Many washer heaters operate on timers.
- But Bosch washers have thermostats that monitor and automatically adjust the water to precisely the right temperature.
- So your clothes are washed thoroughly, efficiently and gently.
Bosch Nexxt DLX Series WFMC5801UC Reviews