Who They Are
Fisher and Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures and markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness.
Their heritage dates to the 1930's with the manufacture of designs made under licence. The pioneering spirit established by the founders encouraged a culture that challenged conventional appliance design and production systems. Available at AJ Madison.
Having learned about electronic drive systems through their flexible manufacturing equipment, they applied the knowledge to driving appliances. The world's first appliance using Brushless Direct Current Motors was introduced in the 1980's. This design later gave way to the development of the Smart Drive clothes washer.
They have created a culture where people and innovation can flourish. Their people and their ideas are the key to their success. Their people are the key to its success. They combine with three key factors to contribute to their growth - an ongoing commitment to research and development; an environment that allows their people to develop innovative ideas; a Board of Directors that gives these ideas the time and capital to meet their long-term goals.
One of North America's most Energy Efficient Top Load Agitator Washer uses only 24% of the energy of a traditional washer. Complete the laundry in up to half the time of a frontloader, 1,000 RPM spin saves up to 30% time and energy in the dryer. This super capacity washer with unique brushless DC motor and smart electronics increases reliability with no belts, brakes, pulleys, clutches or gearboxes - parts that aren't there can't fail.
This washer uses 198 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $21.96.
The estimated yearly operating cost is based on doing 8 laundry loads a week and the 2011 national average electricity cost of $.1109 per kWh. Your operating cost will depend on your utility rates and usage.
MEF (Modified Energy Factor):
1-Year Manufacturers Warranty
3 (330, 670, 1,000 RPM)
Auto Out of Balance Correction:
Controlled Cold Function 68°F (20°C):
Controlled Temperature Mixing Chamber:
1, 3, 9 Hours
Eco Active Wash System:
Fabric Softener Dispenser:
Softener Bleach Rinse:
Stainless Steel Basket:
Wash Temperature Controls:
Height with Lid Open:
Direct Drive Motor
- Performance you can count on. Unlike conventional machines, their autowashers use intelligence to continually adapt the wash action and water level to suit the load.
- How Sensors in the electronics monitor clothes movement and adjust the agitator for either a gentle or lively action.
- It's rather like hand washing, where your hands communicate the feel of the fabric to the brain, which in turn tells the hands how hard or soft to rub the clothes.
- Another world first. Load sensing, senses and automatically sets the correct wash action for your load.
3 Spin Speeds (330, 670, 1,000 RPM)
- The direct drive motor allows a range of spin speeds for different fabric types.
- A high spin speed removes water efficiently, reducing drying time.
Eco Active Wash System
- Boosts soil removal and hygiene while conserving energy.
- Recirculation of water and concentrated detergent during pre-wash improves wash performance creating an action similar to a frontloader without the time constraints of heating water.
Auto Water Level
- The size of the load is sensed and the optimum water level is automatically selected, eliminating water wastage and fabric damage caused by too little water.
Fisher & Paykel EcoSmart WA42T26GW1 Reviews