The Difference is Gaggenau
Gaggenau is the world's preeminent brand of restaurant-grade cooking technology for the modern home. Specializing in high-performance built-in kitchen appliances, its sleek portfolio includes ovens, modular gas, electric and induction cooktops, ventilation, refrigerators, dishwashers, specialty appliances such as steamers, grills and deep fryers, and the Asian-influenced Teppan Yaki.
Gaggenau stands for exceptional convenience and intuitive operation, just as in professional kitchens. Products contain high-quality, rugged surface finishes, easy to navigate panels and the most durable of materials, including shot-blasted aluminum surfaces that do not show fingerprints and sturdy control knobs that are a pleasure to use.
Professionals know what they want. They desire clear designs and instinctive controls. The professional kitchen exemplifies the belief that form follows function, and this is the model that Gaggenau has developed its design from. Gaggenau kitchens are not only beautiful, but also intelligent and inspiring. The quality of built-in kitchen appliances begins with the design. Gaggenau builds beautiful ovens, elegant dishwashers, ventilators, cooktops and refrigerators that far exceed expectations. With Gaggenau, form truly follows function.
Gaggenau creates small revolutions in design and technology. Explore their full range of home appliances, and discover how their innovative products combine to help you create the ultimate cooking experience.
The choice is yours: the new professional Vario 400 Series offers eight special-purpose appliances, high-tech in stainless steel, with new-style, sturdy control knobs set in a glowing orange ring. In the 200 Series, surfaces are finished in shot-blasted aluminum, gleaming, light, and robust, with top-mounted control knobs.
VP 421 Teppan Yaki
Professional griddle without a grill, with a large hard chromed surface, smooth and flat, like those used in catering. Two zones offer precise temperature regulation over the entire surface or just one half. Cooking and warming at one level. Large, compact control knobs in a gleaming orange ring. Professional standards in ones hand. A star among the cooktops of the brand new 400 built-in series. Robust stainless steel, solid surfaces. Not just for Asian cuisine. Cook directly on the absolutely smooth chromium-plated surface. Twice 1500 W. Power adjustable from 240°F. Warming stage. Particularly easy to clean - no pots, pans or grills.
Stainless Steel Cooktop:
Control Knobs in Cabinet Frontage:
Electronic Temperature Control:
Hard Chrome-Plated Surface:
Automatic Cooking Timer:
Number of Cooking Zones:
Heating Element, Output:
2 x 1500W
240 - 480°F
Number of Power Levels:
Total Electrical Rating:
Cooking Area Width:
Cooking Area Depth:
Min. 4 1/8" - Max. 6 3/8"
Hard Chrome-Plated Surface
- This very tough surface always remains easy to clean and does not wear.
- Using this regulated setting; you can keep meals warm with greater precision than is possible in a pan.
- All Series 400 control knobs are designed to prevent unintentional activation of the appliance, because they need to be both pressed and rotated.
- Before a knob can be turned, it must be pushed through a clearly felt stop position.
- The temperature selection knobs on electrical appliances may then be turned in either direction, even past the zero position.
- The setting selected for a cooking zone via a particular knob position is then retained.
- A discreet circular orange light indicates active cooking zones.
- In gas appliances, rotation of the knob is limited to one direction; illumination of the ring is not possible.
- After running for four hours, the appliance automatically switches itself off if it receives no operator commands during this time.
Appliance Cover (Optional)
- Stainless steel protective cover that can be closed when the appliance is not in use.
Automatic Cooking Timer (Optional)
- The time at which you desire one or more cooking zones to be switched off automatically can be selected up to 90 (CK) or 99 (VI) minutes in advance.
- The integral clock can be used as a timer independently of the function set for the appliance.
"Personalize Your Custom Cooktop"
- Allows specialty pieces to be combined with gas and electric units.
Connecting Strips Give Finished Look and Design
Gaggenau Vario 400 Series VP421610 Reviews