Optional Installation Accessories
Vario Downdraft Ventilation - 400 Series
Regardless of whether it is installed with a visible edge or flush-mounted next to the Vario cooking appliances, the VL 414 downdraft ventilation draws steam downwards directly from where it arises. Up to four ventilation elements can be combined with a fan unit, which operates quietly, precisely and efficiently and is controlled conveniently via a single AA490 control knob.
With the new Vario 400 Series modular cooktops, multiple solutions are available to fit each individual's taste. For the first time ever, the grill, Teppan Yaki, steamer or deep fryer can be freely be combined with induction or gas cooktops in 15" and 36" widths to create a beautifully-styled unit.
The new Vario 400 Series can be surface or flush mounted thanks to the precision crafting of 1/8" stainless steel.
Overhead hood, retractable AL 400 or VL 414 downdraft ventilation may be used with the Vario 400 Series.
The Difference is Gaggenau
Gaggenau is the world's preeminent brand of restaurant-grade cooking technology for the modern home. Specializing in high-performance built-in kitchen appliances, its sleek portfolio includes ovens, modular gas, electric and induction cooktops, ventilation, refrigerators, dishwashers, specialty appliances such as steamers, grills and deep fryers, and the Asian-influenced Teppan Yaki.
Gaggenau stands for exceptional convenience and intuitive operation, just as in professional kitchens. Products contain high-quality, rugged surface finishes, easy to navigate panels and the most durable of materials, including shot-blasted aluminum surfaces that do not show fingerprints and sturdy control knobs that are a pleasure to use.
Professionals know what they want. They desire clear designs and instinctive controls. The professional kitchen exemplifies the belief that form follows function, and this is the model that Gaggenau has developed its design from. Gaggenau kitchens are not only beautiful, but also intelligent and inspiring. The quality of built-in kitchen appliances begins with the design. Gaggenau builds beautiful ovens, elegant dishwashers, ventilators, cooktops and refrigerators that far exceed expectations. With Gaggenau, form truly follows function.
Gaggenau creates small revolutions in design and technology. Explore their full range of home appliances, and discover how their innovative products combine to help you create the ultimate cooking experience.
Metal Grease Filter:
Grease Drain Channel:
Control Panel Arrangement:
Exhaust Air Connection - Bottom:
Exhaust Air Connection - Side:
Exhaust Air Connection - Top:
Exhaust Air Connection - Back:
Dimensions and Weights
*** Note: Up to four VL414 ventilation elements can be connected to one AR remote/inline blower or AR 413 recirculation kit. For operation AA490710 control knob is required. ***
- Highly efficient ventilation system at cooktop level.
- Up to 4 ventilation elements can be connected to one blower, operated by one AA 490 control knob. Control knob has to be ordered separately.
- Felxible power distribution, precise extraction of cooking vapors only at the open ventilation element.
- Precision crafting of 1/8" stainless steel.
- For surface mount installation with a visible edge or for flush installation.
- Can be perfectly combined with other Vario products of the 400 series.
- Minimal planning and easy installation for air recirculation.
- Maximum air output in combination with AR inline blower / remote blower or recirculation kit.
- Noise level depends on the built-in situation.
- Ventilation flaps will open when manually pushed down.
- Closing element made of stainless steel, dishwahser-safe.
- Metal grease filter with grease dripping tray, dishwasher-safe.
- Sensor-controlled operation of the AR blower if at least one VL 414 downdraft unit is open.
- No duct connection pieces are included.
- Must order AD724040 transition to 5" round duct to vent downwards/to left or to the right side
- Must order AD724041 adaptor if venting to left or right side of VL 414 downdraft.
- Plan for a 6.6 ft. connection cable between VL 414 downdraft and AA 490 control knob.
Gaggenau Vario 400 Series VL414111 Reviews