The Difference is Gaggenau
Gaggenau is the world's preeminent brand of restaurant-grade cooking technology for the modern home. Specializing in high-performance built-in kitchen appliances, its sleek portfolio includes ovens, modular gas, electric and induction cooktops, ventilation, refrigerators, dishwashers, specialty appliances such as steamers, grills and deep fryers, and the Asian-influenced Teppan Yaki.
Gaggenau stands for exceptional convenience and intuitive operation, just as in professional kitchens. Products contain high-quality, rugged surface finishes, easy to navigate panels and the most durable of materials, including shot-blasted aluminum surfaces that do not show fingerprints and sturdy control knobs that are a pleasure to use.
Professionals know what they want. They desire clear designs and instinctive controls. The professional kitchen exemplifies the belief that form follows function, and this is the model that Gaggenau has developed its design from. Gaggenau kitchens are not only beautiful, but also intelligent and inspiring. The quality of built-in kitchen appliances begins with the design. Gaggenau builds beautiful ovens, elegant dishwashers, ventilators, cooktops and refrigerators that far exceed expectations. With Gaggenau, form truly follows function.
Gaggenau creates small revolutions in design and technology. Explore their full range of home appliances, and discover how their innovative products combine to help you create the ultimate cooking experience.
The choice is yours: the new professional Vario 400 Series offers eight special-purpose appliances, high-tech in stainless steel, with new-style, sturdy control knobs set in a glowing orange ring. In the 200 Series, surfaces are finished in shot-blasted aluminum, gleaming, light, and robust, with top-mounted control knobs.
The VK 230 In-Counter Steamer
Steaming is a particularly gentle and healthy way to cook food. The highly effective heat transfers properties of moist air to produce wonderfully tender, juicy results with delicate vegetables, potatoes, rice, fish, shellfish and meat. No other method of cooking takes such good care of the flavor, aroma, appearance, consistency and color of food. Unlike boiling water and pressurized steam, hot pressureless steam also leaves the nutrients in food largely intact, making it one of the healthiest ways to cook. Boiled broccoli, for example, loses 67% of its vitamin C content. Only 20% of its vitamin C content is lost when it is steamed. Steam prevents flavors mixing too, as any juice escaping from the cooking food passes into the cooking water but not the steam. The water left in the steamer after use can actually make an excellent base for a soup or sauce.
The Gaggenau steamer is not only healthy, it is pleasing for the eye as well: Form follows function: the sleek design of the steam oven is award-winning: among several Gaggenau products, the VK 230 has has been honored in the oldest and most prestigous design competition in the world - the Good Design Award at the Chicago Athenaeum Museum for Architecture and Design.
Electronic Water Temperature Control
- The graduated temperature regulation (in 10°F increments) makes it possible to cook at precisely defined temperatures (water temperature of between 115°F - 200°F) or to steam at 212°F.
- Many delicate foods, such as fish, can be prevented from "falling apart" by being kept at a constant temperature below boiling point.
- With this function, food can also be gently heated up or kept warm for long periods without drying out or losing its flavor.
Electronic Steam Control
- The steamer's special heating system ensures that water, stock or wine can be brought to the evaporation point in a very short time and only as much steam is produced as is needed for the cooking process.
- The function display allows you to view all important functions at a glance.
- A continuous countdown lets you know how much cooking time is left.
Electronic Short-Period Timer
- The short-period timer displays the time remaining, with a maximum time of 90 minutes and automatic shut-off.
Two Cooking Inserts
- Up to two inserts can be placed in the steamer (the basic set of inserts contains a perforated and a non-perforated tray) for cooking either simultaneously or with a time delay.
- Dishes requiring different cooking times can therefore be served at once.
- The attractively shaped glass lid allows you to see into the steamer and check the progress of cooking.
- As Gaggenau steamers operate without pressure, you can also remove the convex, transparent tinted glass cover during steaming.
Automatic Boiling Point Detection
- Like the combination steam and convection oven, the Vario range steamer is able to determine the precise local boiling point of water automatically from its elevation above sea level.
Water Drain Valve
- The motorized water outlet function is conveniently operated via the second control knob.
Shot-Blasted Aluminum Control Panel and Knobs
Shot-Blasted Stainless Steel Maintop
"Create A Personal Cooktop"
- Allows combination of specialty pieces and gas and electric burners.
Use VV200000 Connecting Strips to Join 200 Series Vario
VK 230 and VF 230 must not be installed directly next to one another.
In combination with the down draft VL 040/041/051, this must be planned on the left of the VK 230.
Appliance is intended for direct drain water connection, but can be fitted without a drain connection by using the accessory AG 060-000.