48" Wide Rear Downdraft with Remote Mounted Controls - VIPR
As a gourmet, you want to fill your kitchen with only the freshest ingredients - including the air. And Viking ventilation systems not only silently subdue even the most pungent cooking aromas, they look fantastic doing it.
Viking introduced professional cooking to the home when their first range shipped in 1987. Now that same exceptional performance extends into every corner of the kitchen - even the backyard. Refrigerators. Wine Cellars. Dishwashers. Grills. Cookware. Cutlery. Small appliances. It's enough to turn any cook into a chef.
When people think of Viking, the bold, commercial look of the Professional Series range is the image that most likely pops into their heads. Ultra-premium features like high-performance burners, convection baking, and infrared broiling easily handle everything from crème brûlée to rack of lamb. The legendary Viking range is available in gas and electric models, as well as an array of sizes and finishes to fit any kitchen.
Viking doesn't see the kitchen as a collection of products, but a complete cooking environment. Cooking isn't a chore - it's an art form. Everything must work together in form and function. Both the Professional and Designer lines deliver the ultimate in performance with a cohesive look for the kitchen. Each line offers a full range of products, so you don't have to resort to mixing and matching brands and styles. Viking offers the truly consistent ultra-premium kitchen. The complete Viking kitchen is complete perfection. Available at AJ Madison.
Interior Ventilator Kits:
Exterior Ventilator Kits:
900 CFM or 1,200 CFM
120VAC / 60Hz
Interior Duct Size:
3 1/4" x 10"
Dishwasher Safe Filters:
Dimensions and Weights
**SPECIAL ORDER** Allow 8 weeks for delivery.
**Do not install with a Viking rangetop that has a gas char-grill or wok.
Appearance and Design
- For use with Viking Professional rangetops (non-grill/wok) and cooktops.
- Suitable for both island and wall installations.
- Downdraft raises and lowers at the touch of a button.
- When not in use, the unit retracts and rests flush with the cooking surface.
- Four variable fan speeds ensure efficient ventilation.
- Delay/off feature allows operation for 10 minutes before automatically shutting off.
- Removable, easy-to-clean filters are dishwasher-safe and sized.
- Filter alert reminds user to clean filters after approximately 30 hours of use.
- Separate remote-mounted control which can be installed on the countertop.
- Remote-mounted control allows user to operate the downdraft without having to reach over cooking surface/vessels.
- Remote-mounted control must be used when downdraft is installed with VGRT rangetops.
- Rangetops must be installed with island trim.
- Must use Viking ventilator kits with Viking downdrafts.
- Use of non-Viking kits voids the product warranty.
- Choose from interior- or exterior-power ventilators.
- 500 CFM interior-power ventilator kit (VIDV500).
- 900 CFM exterior-power ventilator kit (VEDV900).
- 1,200 CFM exterior-power ventilator kit (VEDV1200) for use with 48" wide downdraft only.
- Do not install with a Viking rangetop that has a gas char-grill or wok; warranty is voided and performance may be below expectations.
- When selecting the power and high performance of a Viking gas char-grill or wok, a Viking 18" high overhead hood is highly recommended.
- Available in Stainless Steel (SS) only.
- Three-year full warranty - complete unit.
- Lifetime limited - stainless steel exterior.
- Five-year limited - all ventilator motors.
- Ninety-day full - cosmetic parts such as glass, painted items, and decorative items.