Viking introduced professional cooking to the home when their first range shipped in 1987. Now that same exceptional performance extends into every corner of the kitchen - even the backyard. Refrigerators. Wine Cellars. Dishwashers. Grills. Cookware. Cutlery. Small appliances. It's enough to turn any cook into a chef.
When people think of Viking, the bold, commercial look of the Professional Series range is the image that most likely pops into their heads. Ultra-premium features like high-performance burners, convection baking, and infrared broiling easily handle everything from crème brûlée to rack of lamb. The legendary Viking range is available in gas and electric models, as well as an array of sizes and finishes to fit any kitchen.
And for those who want professional performance without the professional look, there is the Designer Series. Clean lines and contours meld gracefully into cabinets with style, offering a striking new look for Viking. Fully equipped with outstanding features and power, this complete line of built-in products doesn't sacrifice any of the world-renowned Viking performance for fashion's sake. Haute couture meets haute cuisine.
Viking doesn't see the kitchen as a collection of products, but a complete cooking environment. Cooking isn't a chore - it's an art form. Everything must work together in form and function. Both the Professional and Designer lines deliver the ultimate in performance with a cohesive look for the kitchen. Each line offers a full range of products, so you don't have to resort to mixing and matching brands and styles. Viking offers the truly consistent ultra-premium kitchen. The complete Viking kitchen is complete perfection.
A Viking gas rangetop's versatility renders any kitchen design possible - and professional performance certain. Whether you choose open or sealed burners, you'll command commercial-style control. Char-grill, griddle, and wok surface options, allow you to customize your menu as easily as your kitchen.
MFG SKU VGRT421-6BSS
Surface Burner Rating:
15,000 BTU Nat./13,500 BTU LP (4.4 kW/4.0 kW)
Shipped Natural Gas Standard; Convert to LP/Propane Factory Installed; Accepts Standard Residential 1/2" (1.3 cm) I.D. Gas Service Line.
120 VAC/60 Hz - 4 Ft. (121.9 cm), 3-Wire Cord with Grounded 3-Prong Plug.
Maximum Amp Usage:
Approximate Shipping Weight:
42" (106.7 cm)
Overall Height to Cooking Surface:
9 1/4" (23.5 cm)
Overall Depth To End of Side Panel:
24" (61.0 cm)
Overall Depth To End of Control Panel:
25 3/4" (65.4 cm)
Overall Depth To End of Knobs:
27 3/4" (70.5 cm)
42 1/8" (107 cm)
7 1/2" (19.1 cm) (Top of grate support should be 3/8" [1.0 cm] above countertop.)
24" (61.0 cm) to 25 3/4" (65.4 cm)
Commercial-Type Cooking Power
- Exclusive VariSimmer setting provides gentle, even simmering on all surface burners, across the entire cooking vessel surface, even at extra-low heat levels - without the use of unconventional on/off or small center devices
- Automatic electric spark re-ignition; burners light at any position on the knob and re-light if extinguished, even at lowest setting
- 15,000 BTU stainless steel burners with electric spark ignition accommodate an infinite range of settings
Safe, Easy Operation
- Large, easy-to-read knobs with childproof, push-to-turn safety feature
- Automatic electric spark ignition - no standing pilot to re-light, waste energy, or add extra heat to the kitchen
- Heavy-duty, porcelainized, cast-iron, removable burner grates provide virtually continuous front-to-rear, left-to-right surface for easy movement of large pots
- Stainless steel landing ledge with solid, welded, seamless finish
Easy Maintenance and Cleanup
- Removable porcelain grate supports with separately removable, dishwasher-safe porcelain burner bowls
- Porcelainized, cast-iron burner caps
- Removable pull-out drip tray with roller-bearing glides
Rangetop Installation Accessories Available
- Stainless steel 6" high backguard (T42BG6)
- Stainless steel high-shelf (T42HS24)
- Stainless steel island trim (T42TII)
- Stainless steel countertop side trim (T24CST)
- Accessories are available separately to enhance professional performance and appearance.
- A backguard, high-shelf, or island trim must be used for all rangetop and wok/cooker installations.
- Available in Stainless Steel (SS), Black (BK), White (WH), Almond (AL), Biscuit (BT), Stone Gray (SG), Graphite Gray (GG), Lemonade (LE), Mint Julep (MJ), Forest Green (FG), Viking Blue (VB), Cobalt Blue (CB), and Eggplant (EP)
- Brass trim option (BR) is available for nameplate, drip tray pull, knob bezels, and grate support side trim brass components have a durable protective coating for maintenance-free normal use
- One-year full covers complete product
- Five-year limited - surface burners, griddle tubular burner(s), grill tubular burner, and electric elements
- Ninety-day limited - cosmetic parts such as glass, painted items, and decorative items
Additional Cooking Accessories Available Under "Accessories"