The Difference is Gaggenau
Gaggenau is the world's preeminent brand of restaurant-grade cooking technology for the modern home. Specializing in high-performance built-in kitchen appliances, its sleek portfolio includes ovens, modular gas, electric and induction cooktops, ventilation, refrigerators, dishwashers, specialty appliances such as steamers, grills and deep fryers, and the Asian-influenced Teppan Yaki.
Gaggenau stands for exceptional convenience and intuitive operation, just as in professional kitchens. Products contain high-quality, rugged surface finishes, easy to navigate panels and the most durable of materials, including shot-blasted aluminum surfaces that do not show fingerprints and sturdy control knobs that are a pleasure to use.
Professionals know what they want. They desire clear designs and instinctive controls. The professional kitchen exemplifies the belief that form follows function, and this is the model that Gaggenau has developed its design from. Gaggenau kitchens are not only beautiful, but also intelligent and inspiring. The quality of built-in kitchen appliances begins with the design. Gaggenau builds beautiful ovens, elegant dishwashers, ventilators, cooktops and refrigerators that far exceed expectations. With Gaggenau, form truly follows function.
Gaggenau creates small revolutions in design and technology. Explore their full range of home appliances, and discover how their innovative products combine to help you create the ultimate cooking experience.
The choice is yours: the new professional Vario 400 Series offers eight special-purpose appliances, high-tech in stainless steel, with new-style, sturdy control knobs set in a glowing orange ring. In the 200 Series, surfaces are finished in shot-blasted aluminum, gleaming, light, and robust, with top-mounted control knobs.
The VF 230 Vario Deep Fryer
Gaggenau's spacious VF 230 electric deep fryer puts culinary specialties that would have once been the exclusive preserve of the restaurant kitchen well within your grasp. The special three zone design prevents flavors passing from one food to another, so you can safely fry potatoes, vegetables, meat, fish, shellfish, fruit and sweet dishes one after another without any risk of taste cross over. Control over the oil temperature is precise, covering the 275 - 380°F range in 10°F increments. Set the right temperature and the hot oil will seal the surface of the food on contact, keeping the oil out and the flavor, consistency, protein and minerals in.
Electric Deep Fryer
Stainless Steel Cooktop:
Integrated Control Panel:
Electronic Temperature Control:
Gentle Fat Melting Stage:
Foaming Expansion Ring:
Number of Cooking Zones:
Heating Element, Output:
275 - 380°F
Number of Power Levels:
Total Electrical Rating:
Min. 16 9/16"
Three Zone Basin
- The special three zone basin design of the electric deep fryer typifies the professional standard set by the Vario range.
- Zone 1 is a large, widened area at the top of the frying basin that prevents the oil from bubbling over.
- Zone 2 is the actual cooking zone and is located between the heating element and Zone 1.
- Situated below the heating element, Zone 3 is the "cold oil" zone.
- Here cooking residues are safely away from the frying food and any water released during cooking can accumulate far enough away from the heat and surface to prevent spitting.
Cold Oil Zone
- In the area under the heating element, the cold oil zone ensures that the deep frying zone remains free of residue, thus clearly extending the lifetime of the oil.
- It also collects the water from the fried food.
- This prevents the oil from foaming.
Electronic Temperature Control with Display
- The temperature ranges from 275 - 380°F, and can be controlled in increments of 10°F.
- This allows for more precise frying and reduces the possibility of overcooking.
- The function display allows you to view all important functions at a glance.
Electronic Short-Period Timer
- The short-period timer displays the time remaining, with a maximum time of 90 minutes.
Hinged Heating Element
- The heating element of the fryer can be easily tilted up and away for easy cleaning of the stainless steel cooktop.
Two Basket Hangers
- The deep fryer is designed to accommodate two baskets at once for high volume frying.
- The control knob locks all functions.
Gentle Fat Melting Stage
- The fat melting stage warms solid cooking fat gently so it melts slowly without smoke.
- Careful heating considerably increases the lifetime of the fat.
Foaming Expansion Rim
- The large zone of the deep frying basin prevents oil from foaming over.
- The special three-zone design of the electric deep fryer manifests the professional sophistication of the Vario series.
Shot-Blasted Aluminum Control Panel and Knobs
Shot-Blasted Stainless Steel Maintop
"Create A Personal Cooktop"
- Allows combination of specialty pieces and gas and electric burners.
Use VV200000 Connecting Strips to Join 200 Series Vario