Viking introduced professional cooking to the home when their first range shipped in 1987. Now that same exceptional performance extends into every corner of the kitchen - even the backyard. Refrigerators. Wine Cellars. Dishwashers. Grills. Cookware. Cutlery. Small appliances. It's enough to turn any cook into a chef.
When people think of Viking, the bold, commercial look of the Professional Series range is the image that most likely pops into their heads. Ultra-premium features like high-performance burners, convection baking, and infrared broiling easily handle everything from crème brûlée to rack of lamb. The legendary Viking range is available in gas and electric models, as well as an array of sizes and finishes to fit any kitchen.
And for those who want professional performance without the professional look, there is the Designer Series. Clean lines and contours meld gracefully into cabinets with style, offering a striking new look for Viking. Fully equipped with outstanding features and power, this complete line of built-in products doesn't sacrifice any of the world-renowned Viking performance for fashion's sake. Haute couture meets haute cuisine.
Viking doesn't see the kitchen as a collection of products, but a complete cooking environment. Cooking isn't a chore - it's an art form. Everything must work together in form and function. Both the Professional and Designer lines deliver the ultimate in performance with a cohesive look for the kitchen. Each line offers a full range of products, so you don't have to resort to mixing and matching brands and styles. Viking offers the truly consistent ultra-premium kitchen. The complete Viking kitchen is complete perfection. Available at AJ Madison.
The Professional side-by-side refrigerator/freezer complements the professional-style kitchen in both form and function. The side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with ice and water dispenser provides the same professional performance, with the added convenience of cubed ice, crushed ice, and chilled water in easy one-handed operation.
This refrigerator uses 727 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $80.62.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating costs is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh. For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances.
115 Volt, 60 Hz, 15 Amp Dedicated Circuit; 3-Wire Cord With Grounded 3-Prong Plug Attached to Product
Maximum Amp Usage:
Inlet Water Requirements:
1/4" Copper Tubing Inlet Waterline; Minimum 35 psi; Maximum 120 psi
Approximate Shipping Weight:
Overall Interior Dimensions
18.5 Cu. Ft.
27.1 Cu. Ft.
Depth to Front Edge of Side Trim:
Depth to Front of Top Grille:
Depth to Front of Handle Endcap:
Min. Height from Bottom:
Max. Height from Bottom:
- 18.5 Cu. Ft. Refrigerator
ProChill Temperature Management System
- Variable speed DC Overdrive compressor is one of the quietest, most technologically advanced compressors available.
- Electronic controls maintain temperature to within 1°F (.83°C).
- Multi-channel airflow system and Odor Eliminator Evaporator removes odors and excess humidity.
Plasmacluster Ion Air Purifier
- Eliminates airborne bacteria and mold spores.
- Enhances food preservation.
- Never needs replacing / no filter required.
- Plasmacluster is a trademark of Sharp Corporation.
Frost-Free Refrigerator Professional Features
- Adjustable Cold Zone Drawer with precision ball-bearing glides can be set for either produce or long-term fresh meat storage with its separate temperature control.
- Quick chill option chills foods and beverages in minutes.
- Two Adjustable Humidity Zone drawers with precision ball-bearing glides for large-item storage.
- Moisture can be adjusted for fresh, leafy vegetables or crisp fruits and vegetables.
- Easy access even with door at 90 degree opening.
- Four adjustable, full-width tempered glass shelves allow customized shelf placement.
- Conveniently located deli drawer stores meats and cheeses at waist level.
- Two in-the-door magnetically sealed dairy compartments with see-through, lift-up covers.
- Additional storage in four large, adjustable aluminum door bins with tempered glass fronts.
- Full lighting illuminates interior when door opens.
Frost-Free Freezer Professional Features
- Adaptive defrost controls the timing of the defrost periods instead of an electromechanical defrost timer.
- Extends to 96 hours - improves food storage because the unit defrosts less often.
- Factory-installed automatic ice maker features full-width, large capacity ice bucket.
- Convenient access to ice with a slide-out ice drawer, positioned for easy reach.
- Transparent drawer front allows viewing of ice supply.
- Three adjustable wire shelves for custom storage.
- Slide-out, large-capacity wire basket provides easy storage viewing.
- Additional storage in three large aluminum door bins with tempered glass fronts.
- Door alarm sounds and glows to warn that the refrigerator and/or freezer door have been ajar for three minutes.
- And that the temperature has risen above normal operating range.
Ice and Water Dispenser Features
- Through-the-door dispenser provides cubed ice, crushed ice, and chilled water in easy on-hand operation.
- Convenient location reduces the need to open the door and also conserves energy.
- Reversing ice dispenser motor clears jams.
- Premium water filter provides cleaner water and ice supply by filtering bad tastes, odors, sediment, and harmful contaminants.
- Conveniently located in bottom of refrigerator compartment for easy removal and installation of replacement cartridges.
Easy Maintenance and Cleanup
- Super Clog-Resistant Condenser is maintenance free under normal use.
- Top-mounted and front venting sealed refrigeration system works silently and efficiently.
- 24" depth keeps items in back within easy reach.
- Spillproof, tempered glass shelves contain spills to aid cleanup.
- Removable for take-to-the-sink cleanup.
- Power interruption switch behind consumer-removable top grille completely turns off power to unit for safe cleaning, light bulb replacement, or servicing.
- Adjustable-height lower kickplate removes to provide easy access to evaporator pan.
- Design and basic dimensions provide built-in appearance with standard cabinetry.
- Exterior moisture control system preventing condensation.
- Dual-Magnet door seal system with spring-loaded self-closing feature.
- Door stops factory set at 110-degree swing; easily adjust to 90 or 120-degree swing.
- Removable, stainless steel upper grille.
- Thin wall and door construction, coupled with high-density insulation, provides maximum interior space.
- Four independent, front-adjustable levelers make installation quick and easy.
- See-through egg container with carrier holds up to 24 eggs.
- Glass butter tray and cover.
- Stainless steel side panels (PSSPL2, PSSPR2).
- Stainless steel top kit (TOP-48).
- Available in Stainless Steel (SS), Black (BK), White (WH), Metallic Silver (MS), Graphite Gray (GG), Stone Gray (SG), Taupe (TP), Biscuit (BT), Cotton White (CW), Oyster Gray (OG), Golden Mist (GM), Lemonade (LE),
- Sage (SA), Mint Julep (MJ), Sea Glass (SE), Iridescent Blue (IB), Viking Blue (VB), Pumpkin (PM), Racing Red (RR), Apple Red (AR), Burgundy (BU), Plum (PL), Chocolate (CH), Cobalt Blue (CB)
- May be ordered with Brass Trim Option (BR) for nameplate, door handles/brackets, and side trim.
- All brass components have a durable, protective coating for maintenance-free normal use.
- Two year full warranty - complete unit.
- Six-year full warranty - sealed system and ice maker.
- Lifetime limited - stainless steel exterior.
- Twelve-year limited - sealed system.
- Ninety-day limited - cosmetic parts such as glass, painted items, and decorative items.
- Warranty valid on Viking products shipped within the United States and Canada.
Viking 10 After 10 Savings Event - Get 10% Cash Back on Amount Spent Over $10,000
Viking 10 After 10 Savings Event - Get 10% Cash Back on Amount Spent Over $10,000
Get 10% Cash Back for any amount spent over $10,000 on qualifying Viking Major Appliances
For example, spend $25,000 on your complete Viking Dream Kitchen and receive $1,500 back (i.e. $25,000 - $10,000 = $15,000 qualifying amount)
Qualifying products include all Viking Professional 5 and 7 Series products, Tuscany, and Outdoor
Terms and Conditions
See rebate form for additional details.
Available Rebates - May be Combined
Note: It is the sole responsibility of the customer to download and mail in the rebate form by the respective closing date. AJ Madison cannot be held responsible for non-compliance of the afore-mentioned.
AJ Madison Exclusive Rebate
This rebate will only be paid on AJ Madison purchases only.
Purchases in any other store do not qualify for this rebate.
All rebate forms will be rejected.
Viking Professional Series VCSB548DX Reviews