Quiet Cool Built-In 42" Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Ice and Water Dispenser
The Professional side-by-side refrigerator/freezer complements the professional-style kitchen in both form and function. The side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with ice and water dispenser provides the same professional performance, with the added convenience of cubed ice, crushed ice, and chilled water in easy one-handed operation.
Viking introduced professional cooking to the home when their first range shipped in 1987. Now that same exceptional performance extends into every corner of the kitchen - even the backyard. Refrigerators. Wine Cellars. Dishwashers. Grills. Cookware. Cutlery. Small appliances. It's enough to turn any cook into a chef.
When people think of Viking, the bold, commercial look of the Professional Series range is the image that most likely pops into their heads. Ultra-premium features like high-performance burners, convection baking, and infrared broiling easily handle everything from crème brûlée to rack of lamb. The legendary Viking range is available in gas and electric models, as well as an array of sizes and finishes to fit any kitchen.
Viking doesn't see the kitchen as a collection of products, but a complete cooking environment. Cooking isn't a chore - it's an art form. Everything must work together in form and function. Both the Professional and Designer lines deliver the ultimate in performance with a cohesive look for the kitchen. Each line offers a full range of products, so you don't have to resort to mixing and matching brands and styles. Viking offers the truly consistent ultra-premium kitchen. The complete Viking kitchen is complete perfection. Available at AJ Madison.
Viking introduced professional cooking to the home when their first range shipped in 1987. Now that same exceptional performance extends into every corner of the kitchen - even the backyard. Refrigerators. Wine Cellars. Dishwashers. Grills. Cookware. Cutlery. Small appliances. It's enough to turn any cook into a chef. The legendary Viking range is available in gas and electric models, as well as an array of sizes and finishes to fit any kitchen.
This refrigerator uses 703 kWh/yr. and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $77.96.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating cost is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh.
For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances.
15.0 Cu. Ft.
23.9 Cu. Ft.
115 Volt, 60 Hz, 15 Amp Dedicated Circuit; 3-Wire Cord with Grounded 3-Prong Plug Attached To Product
Maximum Amp Usage:
Inlet Water Requirements:
1/4" Copper Tubing Inlet Waterline; Minimum 35 psi; Maximum 120 psi
Approx. Shipping Weight:
Overall Depth To Front Edge Of Side Trim:
Overall Depth To Front Of Top Grille:
Overall Depth To Front Edge Of Door Trim:
Overall Depth To Front Of Handle Endcap:
82 3/4" Min. - 84 1/16" Max.
41 5/8" Min. - 41 3/4" Max.
82 7/8" Min. - 84 1/16" Max.
- 15.0 cu. ft. refrigerator.
ProChill Temperature Management System
- Variable speed DC Overdrive compressor is one of the quietest, most technologically advanced compressors available.
- Electronic controls provide precise temperature management with digital readout.
- Multi-channel airflow system and Odor Eliminator evaporator remove odors and excess humidity.
Plasmacluster Ion Air Purifier
- Eliminates airborne bacteria and mold spores.
- Enhances food preservation.
- Never needs replacing / no filter required.
- Plasmacluster is a trademark of Sharp Corporation.
Frost-Free Refrigerator Professional Features
- Fresh food items are at or above waist level, allowing less bending and stooping to retrieve food.
- Adjustable Cold Zone Drawer with precision ball-bearing glides and adjustable temperature control.
- Allows storage of foods 3° - 5° colder than the refrigerator.
- Quick chill option chills foods and beverages in minutes.
- Two Adjustable Humidity Zone drawers with precision ball-bearing glides for large-item storage.
- Moisture can be adjusted for fresh, leafy vegetables or crisp fruits and vegetables.
- Easy access even with door at 90° opening.
- New Spillproof Plus shelves with Nano technology create an invisible barrier to contain spills and maximize usable space.
- 3/8" tempered glass provides industry leading durability.
- Two in-the-door magnetically sealed dairy compartments with see-through, lift-up covers.
- Additional storage in four large, metal door bins provide enduring performance to securely store heavy items.
- New LED lighting on the top and sidewalls illuminates interior when door opens.
Frost-Free Freezer Professional Features
- Adaptive defrost controls the timing of the defrost periods instead of an electromechanical defrost timer.
- Extends to 96 hours - improves food storage because the unit defrosts less often.
- Full-extension main freezer compartment pulls out like a drawer for easy access to bulky frozen foods.
- Opens quietly and easily, with ball bearing rollers which glide on a steel track.
- Positive self-closing feature ensures a good seal.
- Upper freezer basket slides independently of main freezer compartment; ideal for fragile or frequently used items.
- Factory-installed automatic ice maker features large capacity ice bucket.
- Ice container slides out with upper freezer basket for easy access to ice.
- Ice container is "positively located" so its always in position to catch dispensing cubes when the freezer drawer is closed.
- Ice maker is deactivated when the freezer is open, ensuring ice won't dispense when the drawer is open.
- Door alarm sounds and glows to warn that the fresh food door and/or freezer drawer have been ajar for three minutes.
- Also warns that the temperature has risen above normal operating range.
Ice and Water Dispenser Features
- Through-the-door dispenser provides cubed ice, crushed ice, and chilled water in easy on-hand operation.
- Convenient location reduces the need to open the door and also conserves energy.
- Reversing ice dispenser motor clears jams.
- Premium water filter provides cleaner water and ice supply by filtering bad tastes, odors, sediment, and harmful contaminants.
- Conveniently located in bottom of refrigerator compartment for easy removal and installation of replacement cartridges.
Easy Maintenance and Cleanup
- Super Clog-Resistant condenser is maintenance free under normal use.
- Top-mounted and front venting sealed refrigeration system works silently and efficiently.
- 24" depth keeps items in back within comfortable reach.
- Spill proof tempered-glass shelves contain spills and leaks, preventing leakage to lower shelves and drawers.
- Power interruption switch behind consumer-removable top grille completely turns off power to unit for safe cleaning or servicing.
- Adjustable-height lower kick plate removes to provide easy access to evaporator pan.
- Tru-Flush design allows refrigerator to fit flush into 24" deep installation cutout.
- Design and basic dimensions provide built-in appearance with standard cabinetry.
- Exterior moisture control system prevents condensation.
- Heavy-duty commercial-style door handles.
- Dual-magnet door seal system automatically closes door within 30° of the refrigerator or freezer compartment.
- Door stops are factory set at 110° swing; easily adjust to 90° or 120° swing.
- Stainless steel lower kickplate.
- Removable, stainless steel upper grille.
- Thin wall and door construction, coupled with high-density insulation, provides maximum interior space.
- Four independent, front adjustable levelers make installation quick and easy.
- Stainless steel side panels (PSSPL2, PSSPR2, DSSPL2, DSSPR2).
- Stainless steel top kit (TOP-42).
Exclusive Color Finishes
- Available in Stainless Steel (SS), Black (BK), White (WH), Apple Red (AR), Graphite Gray (GG), Cobalt Blue (CB), and Burgundy (BU).
- Three-year full warranty - complete unit.
- Six-year full warranty - sealed system.
- Lifetime limited - stainless steel exterior.
- Twelve-year limited - sealed system.
- Ninety-day full - cosmetic parts such as glass, painted items, and decorative items.
Viking 10 After 10 Savings Event - Get 10% Cash Back on Amount Spent Over $10,000
Viking 10 After 10 Savings Event - Get 10% Cash Back on Amount Spent Over $10,000
Get 10% Cash Back for any amount spent over $10,000 on qualifying Viking Major Appliances
For example, spend $25,000 on your complete Viking Dream Kitchen and receive $1,500 back (i.e. $25,000 - $10,000 = $15,000 qualifying amount)
Qualifying products include all Viking Professional 5 and 7 Series products, Tuscany, and Outdoor
Terms and Conditions
See rebate form for additional details.
Available Rebates - May be Combined
Note: It is the sole responsibility of the customer to download and mail in the rebate form by the respective closing date. AJ Madison cannot be held responsible for non-compliance of the afore-mentioned.
AJ Madison Exclusive Rebate
This rebate will only be paid on AJ Madison purchases only.
Purchases in any other store do not qualify for this rebate.
All rebate forms will be rejected.
Viking Professional Series VCSB5422DSS Reviews