Since its founding in 1883, Friedrich Air Conditioning Co. has had one manufacturing standard - quality without compromise. Over the years, the company's products have changed, but the commitment to quality has endured.
Today, the fundamental direction of Friedrich is to be the top manufacturer of specialty air treatment products for the worldwide market. Moving the company forward are dedicated employees who are committed to excellence and have a passion to succeed. Friedrich is a company that is respected for a high degree of integrity and professionalism, as well as being recognized as the best in the business. The Friedrich name is synonymous with quality... shaped by the spirit that launched this company over a century ago. Available at AJ Madison.
Comfort has a bold new look.
An entirely new, satin silver front with illuminated touch controls places Kühl and Kühl + Heat/Cool at the forefront of room air design. And now you can personalize your space with optional designer color fronts. New, advanced digital controls intuitively provide comfort, convenience and ease of use and allow for a range of programmability previously only associated with high-end central air systems.
At the heart of each unit, you'll find the durable components and heavy duty construction that you expect from Friedrich. Engineering details like heavy gauge steel, rifled copper tubing, high tech aluminum fins with sine wave technology, aluminum end plates that reduce corrosion, totally-enclosed commercial grade motors, high efficiency compressors, vibration absorbing technology and insulated air plenums. All details that ensure years of reliable performance and quiet operation.
This air conditioner has an Energy Efficiency Rating of 11.7 and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $56.16.
The estimated yearly operating cost is based on the 2011 national average cost of $.1109 cents per kWh for electricity and an estimated number of operating hours of 750 hours. Your operating cost will depend on your utility rates and usage.
Energy Efficiency Ratio (ERR):
Room Side Air Circulation:
Circuit Rating Breaker or T-D Fuse:
125V - 15A
Dimensions and Weights
Shell Depth to Louvers:
Min. Extension Into Room:
Min. Extension Outside:
Window Width - Min.:
Thru-the-Wall Installation Finished Hole
Comfort and Convenience
- Commercial grade durability.
- Optional wired wall thermostat.
- Built-in programmable 7 day thermostat.
- 4 cooling and 4 fan-only speeds.
- Automatic temperature and fan speed adjustment.
- Comfortwatch technology samples the air to more accurately maintain the set temperature.
- Temperature readout can alternately display set temperature, room temperature and outdoor temperature, or digital clock as selected.
- Optional control panel lockout.
- Scratch resistant cabinet.
- LCD panel auto dims if not in use.
- 7 yr. battery provides back up system that saves settings if power is interrupted.
Superior Sound Reduction Technology
- Steel inner wall and extra dense insulation materials block outdoor noise.
- Vibration isolating design and components diminish traditional operating noise.
- Precision engineering maximizes air flow while delivering ultraquiet operation.
- Superior fresh air intake and stale air exhaust vent.
- Washable, antimicrobial air filter.
- Optional premium filter when used in conjuction with standard filter provides superior air filtration with ratings as high as MERV 6, while also adsorbing odors and reducing ozone and VOCs.
- Hinged door for easy filter access for easier maintenance.
- Electronic maintenance indicators include check filter reminder and error code storage.
- Auto Fan mode saves money by conserving energy.
- Environmentally-friendly R-410A refrigerant.
Safety and Security Features
- EntryGard anti-intrusion protection-steel retaining wire secures the chassis to the sleeve to deter 'kick-in' intrusion.
- Electrical current protected powercord.
- Install in a window or thru the-wall. *Window Mounting Kit Included*
- Slide-out chassis for more permanent installation and easier access for maintenance.
- Includes heavy duty window installation hardware.
- Rugged hardboard side panels for a more permanent installation.
- Power cord can run either left or right.
- Firm grip handles for easier chassis installation and removal.
- Front cover attaches easily and securely. Nut driver included.