History of Bosch
1886 - A modern industrial giant began humbly enough when German engineer, Robert Bosch, opened his "Workshop for Precision Mechanics and Engineering." 1906 - Bosch had established its first U.S. subsidiary. That was followed by 60 years of growth into what became the Robert Bosch LLC. 1990 - Through acquisitions and innovation engineering, Bosch Appliances had grown to 41 subsidiaries worldwide. 1997 - Bosch made a bold commitment to the U.S. market with the construction of the New Bern, North Carolina Dishwasher plant. 2001 - Bosch Appliances are now available in 100 countries across the globe. The brand is proud to be ranked as the #1 and #2 dishwashers in a leading consumer magazine. 2002 - The on-going quality dedication and quest for innovation continue to make Bosch the leader in upscale appliances.
Unmatched silence. Unrivalled energy and water efficiency. That's the story behind every Bosch dishwasher. Their dishwashers are manufactured to the strictest specifications using the highest quality materials. What's more, they are intelligently designed with a host of conveniences to make everyday use a pleasure, and engineered to deliver sparkling clean dishes wash after wash.
With the introduction of the Ascenta, they offer you yet another way to bring the outstanding quality and performance of a Bosch dishwasher into your home. They've incorporated convenient features like EASYLOAD racks and a handsome contemporary design tailored to the American market. Ascenta is also the quietest and most energy efficient in its class.
Stainless Steel, Black, White
Stainless Steel TALLTUB with Polypropylene Base:
Two-Pump Motor System:
Triple Filtration System:
Flow Through Water Heater:
NSF Certified Cycles:
ENERGY STAR Qualified:
Sanitized Indicator Light:
Rinse Aid Indicator Light:
Detergent and Rinse Aid Dispenser:
Wash Cycles and Options
1 - 24 Hours
Place Settings Capacity:
2 Half Flip-Down Rows
2 Full Flip-Down Rows
Silverware Basket and Cover:
33 7/8" to 35"
24" to 24 1/4"
22 5/8" Min.
33 15/16" to 35"
Ascenta Dishwasher Appearance
- Stainless Steel Interior with Polypropylene Base
- Each Ascenta dishwasher is built with a revolutionary new wash tub made from stainless steel with a reinforced polypropylene base - a first in the U.S.
- Polypropylene is a high-quality, long-term tested material that makes the tub of their Ascenta dishwasher significantly more durable than conventional all-plastic tubs found in competing machines.
- The patented tub is food proof and color fast.
Ascenta Dishwasher Performance
Ascenta Dishwasher Convenience
- Manually Adjustable Top Rack
- EASYLOAD Mid Racks With Cup Shelves
- Flexible Silverware Basket
- Multi-Function LED with Remaining Time Indicator
Ascenta Dishwasher Efficiency
- 300 kWh/y Energy Usage - Most Energy Efficient in Class
- Use this option when washing small, lightly soiled loads that fill half or less of the dishwasher's capacity on both the top and bottom racks.
- It dramatically reduces energy and water consumption.
- An advanced sensor system determines the soil level in the wash water and automatically deletes fresh water fills if they're not needed.
- Saves you time and money while cutting energy usage by 20%.
- Flow Through Water Heater
- In conventional dishwashers, water falls randomly onto an exposed heating element.
- And since not all the water touches the heating element, this results in slower and less energy-efficient heating.
- Bosch dishwashers, on the other hand, channel 100% of the water through tighter coils in a confined heating chamber.
- Which heats the water quickly and efficiently up to 161 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Built with a solid stainless steel tub, Bosch dishwashers utilize condensation drying to save you money on your energy bills.
- Condensation drying works by heating the dishes with hot water from the final rinse.
- Moisture condenses on the cool stainless steel tub and is drained, so your clean dishes dry without an energy-wasting active drying element.
- Proving once again that Bosch is committed to efficiency, all of their dishwashers are ENERGY STAR qualified.
- All their dishwashers boast certification from the National Sanitation Foundation.
- Ensuring your dishes are 99.99% bacteria free at the end of each cycle.
- This protocol establishes guidelines to determine sanitization and cleaning performance of residential spray-type dishwashers.
- It includes minimum requirements to ensure that these machines will deliver wash water, detergent, and rinse water.
- Which will render dishes, glasses, and utensils clean and sanitized.
- The following Bosch wash cycles are NSF approved: Power Scrub Plus, Auto Super Wash, Auto Plus, AUTOWASH, Extreme Wash.
Ascenta Dishwasher Silence
- 53 dBA Silence Rating - Quietest in Class
- By using two small pumps to individually wash and drain instead of a single large one, vibration and noise are dramatically reduced.
- Smaller parts and a more contained motion contribute an important part to their sound-reduction system.
- Leaving you amazed that the dishwasher is even on.
- The more isolated a motor is, the less its vibrations can be transferred.
- So they've suspended their two-pump motor to help absorb and minimize any vibration and noise to the housing.
- As it is absorbed by rubber hammocks, letting you enjoy your time in the kitchen whether the dishwasher is running or not.
- Noise is also buried beneath the three layers of insulation inside their near-silent dishwashers.
- Metal, cotton fiber and heavy-duty bitumen sheets capture and dampen sound to create a decibel level no louder than raindrops.
- (Insulation package varies by model.)
Ascenta Dishwasher Automation
- Multiple sensors automatically detect the presence of a rinse agent and measure its level in the dispenser.
- Automatically adjusting the final temperature and wash cycle for spotless drying results with each wash.
- Advanced Delay Start Option
- With a nineteen or twenty four-hour timer, Bosch dishwashers work on your schedule.
- Program them to start once guests leave or after you've drifted off to sleep.
- Wait until you're out of the house, or run it in off-peak evening hours for even greater savings on your energy bill.
Ascenta Dishwasher Safety
- Bosch offers a child lock for your children's safety and your peace of mind.
- The control lock prevents changes to the wash program.
- No Exposed Heating Element
- Because their Flow Through Water Heater is not located in the tub and has no exposed heating element, it prevents plastic items on the bottom rack from melting.
- It has the added benefit of protecting you from accidental burns during unloading.
Bosch Ascenta Series SHE5AM0 Reviews