Friedrich is known for manufacturing some of the world's most durable air conditioners. You won't believe some of the places you'll find them. Friedrich air conditioners are made from higher grade materials and components that delivery dependable operation for years. But don't take their word for it. Some of their customers are business that operate in harsh environments where equipment just has to work. Period. Oil companies rely on them to cool offshort oil rigs, and they can be found on military bases and in government offices all over the world. Friedrich air conditioners are in use at Northrop Grumman, Eastman Chemical and the Kennedy Space Center, just to name a few. If they can handle their jobs, just think how well they will perform in your home.
Proven Performance In The Most Challenging Environments
Hazardgard meets National Electric Code Article 500 requirements and is UL-listed for Class 1, Division 2, Groups A, B, C and D hazardous locations.
For more than three decades, global industry and high-tech leaders have trusted Hazardgard to provide commercial-grade cooling under the harshest conditions. You'll find durable, reliable Hazardgard room air conditioners on oil rigs and military bases, in manufacturing companies and processing plants - anywhere hazardous materials are used. Hazardgard is specifically designed to cool spaces where volatile, flammable liquids and gases are used, within enclosed systems or containers, or under extreme temperatures.
This air conditioner has an Energy Efficiency Rating of 9.4 and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $172.54.
The estimated yearly operating cost is based on the 2011 national average cost of $.1109 cents per kWh for electricity and an estimated number of operating hours of 750 hours. Your operating cost will depend on your utility rates and usage.
Cooling Capacity - AHAM:
Amps - AHAM:
Energy Efficiency Ratio - AHAM EER:
Air Direction Controls:
Room Side Air Circulation:
Min. Extension Into Room:
Min. Extension Outside:
Window Width - Min.:
Thru-The-Wall Finished Hole - Width:
Thru-The-Wall Finished Hole - Depth:
Thru-The-Wall Finished Hole - Height:
Durable, Reliable and Safe
- Robust engineering, commercial-grade components and extensive field testing show that Hazardgard provides the durability and safety required in hazardous locations.
Hazardgard Is Ideal For:
- Offshore oil rigs, onshore oil company offices and refineries.
- Petrochemical sites and propane fill-up stations.
- Paint and varnish storage or processing plants.
- Grain alcohol processors or storage sites.
- Munitions plants or armories.
- PVC or plastics plants and processing points.
- Furniture refinishing/stripping workshops.
- Office complexes where methane is a byproduct.
- Hazardous materials storage.
Comfort and Durability
- Solid-state control relays for compressor and fan operation.
- Hermetically sealed reciprocating compressor is cooled during the refrigeration cycle, which allows the unit to tolerate higher outdoor temperatures up to 130°F.
- 20-gauge steel creates a more robust air conditioner cabinet that will withstand years of hard use.
- Permanent split capacitor.
- Hermetically sealed refrigeration system.
- Environmentally sealed on/off switch and gold-plated contacts in thermostat resist corrosion.
- Larger, commercial-grade, enclosed fan motor with hermetically sealed overload for arc-free operation.
- It's totally enclosed to assure efficient operation under adverse electrical conditions.
- Defrost control protects coil against freeze-up.
- Hot gas bypass allows the air conditioner to operate at outdoor ambient temperatures as low as 45°F without freezing.
- Diamonblue Technology anti-corrosive treatment provides added endurance and protection in coastal or corrosive environments.
- Unit utilizes direct-wired, 15-amp circuit with time-delay fuse that tolerates surge current without tripping the breaker.
- Steel inner wall blocks noise.
- Vibration-isolating design and components diminish operating sound levels.
Maintenance and Installation
- Slide-out chassis for more permanent installation and easier access for maintenance.
- Installs in a window or thru-the-wall.
- Same sleeve dimensions for 20+ years for easy replacement.
Energy Management and Compliance
- U.S. National Electrical Code, Article 500 Class 1, Div 2, Groups A, B, C & D Hazardous locations.
- Environmentally-friendly R-410A refrigerant.
Safety and Security
- EntryGard anti-intrusion protection secures chassis to sleeve with steel retaining wire to deter kick-in intrusion.
Health and IAQ
- Washable, antimicrobial air filter.