S4 Galaxy Series World Premiere... Of an Out of This World, New Vacuum Cleaner: The S4 Galaxy Series.
Lightweight, Powerful and Stylish... One Giant Leap for Vacuuming.
The well-appointed S4 Galaxy Series is light in weight and has everything an advanced vacuum cleaner should offer and more. With out of this world cleaning performance, an advanced HEPA filtration system to protect your indoor air and the enduring quality and durability that have become international staples of the Miele brand, you will certainly appreciate the ingenuity born from the many details endowed in S4.
Why not explore the excitement and the difference a Miele S4 vacuum cleaner (link to product grids) can make in your home
Breathe Easy, With a Little Help From Miele
For almost 80 years, their research, development and quality control laboratories have tested methods to effectively pick up and, most importantly, retain dust and other indoor air pollutants. After collecting volumes of data, engineers and designers continue to reach the firm conclusion that Miele's system is the most effective and hygienic method of removing particulate matter from the home. Their exclusive combination of a Sealed System, using the very best raw materials, electrostatically charged IntensiveClean Plus dust/filter bag and a selection of high-quality filter cartridges, including a certified HEPA filter, provide the essential formula for this success. As a matter of fact, the S4 Galaxy series has been awarded certification by the DMT Air Quality Testing Institute, an independent institute that monitors air hygiene. The S4 joins other Miele vacuums - which were the world's first to receive this certificate - with a top rating of "excellent air quality". This certification refers to Miele's HEPA filter and the vacuum cleaner working together as a Sealed System to provide maximum protection for indoor air quality.
Please exercise caution when evaluating other vacuum filtration systems, as there are many gimmicks that do not work as effectively or scientifically. As this is an area where the results can be devastating to young or elderly lungs, or to anyone who suffers from allergies or asthma, you may want to visit AJ Madison to discuss the importance of the indoor air quality in your home and how a Miele vacuum cleaner can improve it.
An Out of This World Vacuum Cleaner: The S4 Galaxy Series
Quality. Quality. Quality. Miele's maxim, for everything!
S4 vacuum cleaners are manufactured at Miele's Bielefeld factory in Germany where every effort is made to embrace the company's 107-year motto of Immer Besser or Forever Better. Endurance testing in custom-built laboratories form an intrinsic part of quality assurance on all Miele vacuum cleaners. Before any production process begins, all components are put through rigorous tests and subjected to enormous strain... stress that exceeds typical residential household
use. Only when all components, electronics and floor tools have successfully passed each critical exam will the Miele brand name be bestowed on them.
The Longevity Test
Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last a minimum of 1,000 operating hours or an average of 20 years residential use. This is only possible because of the critical Miele-made component of the vacuum cleaner... its motor. The S4 features a high-output, Miele-made Vortex Motor System that is capable of consistently providing top performance for over 1,000 hours of use.
The Cable-pull Test
A malfunctioning cable reel assembly is frustrating. That is why Miele cable reels are put through a very aggressive quality assurance exam. The cable is pulled out and retracted over 10,000 times as a part of Miele's approval process. With this assurance, you can be sure your cord reel will function reliably and safely for years.
The Floor Test
Miele floor tools and accessory cleaning brushes are inspected just as thoroughly as the vacuums themselves. They are tested on miles and miles of different flooring, and must tolerate a fall test, in which the floor tools drop from a height of nearly three feet over and over again. Only when the floor tools endure and pass this test, are they approved for production.
The Threshold Test
Quality assurance engineers at Miele's factory test the daily challenges of the vacuum's castors, bumper strip and outside casing using a volume of different tests. For example, on the threshold exam, the vacuum endures miles of track where typical and not so typical stresses are exerted - simulated door thresholds, bumps and harsh curves - in order to put maximum strain on the vacuum.
The Hose Test
Miele vacuum hoses are among the best in the world! Each production lot is subjected to countless bend and stretch tests in their laboratories. To test the endurance of the hose, a vacuum cleaner, plus an additional 5 kg weight, (that's over 11 pounds) is stretched thousands of times. The hose must pass undamaged before being approved for inclusion in a Miele vacuum cleaner box.
Suction control via rotary dial with 6 variable power settings
1200-watt, high-output Miele-made Vortex Motor System
Filter System (Included)
Super Air Clean Filter
3.7 quart, Type FJM, HyClean dustbag, with spring-loaded, self-sealing collar
Sealed System construction
Included Floor Tools & Accessories
SBD450-3 Classic Combination carpet/smooth floor tool
Stainless steel, telescopic wand
Deluxe Handle Assembly & VarioClip
- Impressive 29.5-foot operating radius
- Operating radius is determined by the length of the hose and the power cord
- Miele is properly generous with both so the Miele S4212 Polaris has up to 29.5-feet to use before you have to unplug and move to another outlet
- Dustbag change indicator alerts you to replace the hygienic bag
- Quiet operation through better engineering
- Despite the impressive power of the S4212 Polaris's 1200-watt, high-output motor, Miele vacuum cleaners are remarkably quiet
- You will be able to hear the phone ringing and the radio playing
- Safety shut-off on overheating
- Space-saving storage bracket on side of vacuum
- S4 aces the Cable-Pull Test
- S4 aces the Threshold Test
- S4 aces the Longevity Test
- Well-designed wheel castors
- The Polaris is easily transported
- If transport upstairs, downstairs or even outside is required, simply insert the floor tool into the integrated wand holder and pick the vacuum cleaner up with one hand
- The hose, wand and floor tool are securely in place so no walls or picture frames should be scratched or disturbed
- And, with one hand free, you can even open and close doors as you go!
- Each section of the wand, the hand piece and the floor tool is firmly connected by Miele's unique locking system
- Each piece can be easily released by depressing the latch
- Suction control via rotary dial with 6 variable power settings
- 1200-watt, high-output Miele-made Vortex Motor System
- A real power pack: the S5 motor is developed and produced in the Miele factories in Germany
- A 1200-watt powerful performance
- Optimal usage of power through the airflow
- The result: great cleaning performance with superior dust intake
Filter System (Included)
- Designed for normal use and is made of multi-ply material which is electrostatically charged to retain dust particles
- It retains 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 of a micron and 94% of particles down to 0.3 of a micron
- This filter lasts as long as 5 dustbags and is included free of charge from Miele with each box of Miele certified dust bags
- 3.7 quart, Type FJM, HyClean dustbag, with spring-loaded, self-sealing collar
- Sealed System construction
Included Floor Tools & Accessories
- SBD450-3 Classic Combination carpet/smooth floor tool
- This universal tool is ideal for all smooth flooring and very low pile carpeting
- It allows you to go from smooth floors to carpeted surfaces with a quick click of a rocker switch
- The metal glide sole is gentle to even the most sensitive flooring
- Carpet and rugs can be gently and thoroughly vacuumed
- Wide thread lifters help collect dirt and dust
- Stainless steel, telescopic wand
- This new ergonomic handle makes vacuuming a breeze, keeping the strain off your wrist
- The best cleaning comes from the best tools
- That's why S4 vacuums come standard with a useful VarioClip, which can be attached to the hose, at virtually any location
- This clip holds three handy and durable accessory tools: a crevice nozzle, natural bristle, dusting brush and upholstery tool
- You can access these tools quickly and clean everything in sight, even those hard to reach places like behind the sofa or between the refrigerator and cabinets
Optional Floor Tools & Accessories
- STB205-3 Turbo Comfort brush
- Has a rotating roller brush that is activated by the air that is drawn through the head to loosen the dirt and collect up any fluff and hair
- The buffer strip around the Turbobrush protects furniture from scuffing
- It is ideal for cut-pile and gives the carpet an excellent finish
- SBB300-3 Parquet Floor Brush
- A mixture of polyamide and natural hair ensures a gentle cushion for this floor brush which makes sure that tile, wood and other smooth surfaces are cleaned thoroughly with extreme care
- It has a 90° rotation and is exceptionally agile at cleaning around obstacles such as table legs and in tight places
- SBB 235-3 Smooth Floor Brush
- This brush is suitable for hardwearing floors such as flagstone, PVC and linoleum which are not susceptible to scratching
Filtration Options (Not Included)
- Recommended for: short-pile carpeting, area rugs and smooth flooring
Miele S4 Galaxy Series Multi-Floor Canister Vacuum Cleaner S4212Polaris Reviews