Why Kitchens Need Ventilation.
Fresh salmon fillets are reason enough. But that's really just a start. Because cooking smoke and greasy build-up are more than unpleasant. They're unhealthy. In fact, cooking churns out airborne contaminants like nothing else in the home can. This concentration of contaminants requires effective ventilation. That's where Broan comes in. As the residential ventilation leader, Broan offers more range hood kitchen ventilating solutions than anyone.
From high-performance ducted models, to the most effective non-ducted units ever made. And they're all built to Broan's demanding quality standards.
So you can count on them to help keep your kitchen cleaner for years to come. Built-in lighting means you can count on your Broan range hood to keep your kitchen brighter. Some units even include a convenient nightlight feature.
There really is a difference with Broan. It's in the details.
Broan Elite. The design says professional. The details say perfection.
Sophisticated tastes deserve sophisticated styling. That's why Broan created the Broan Elite Series. These range hoods are unique works of art that flawlessly blend style, power and durability. Choosing between them won't be easy. One thing, however, is certain: you're sure to be completely satisfied with the combination of style and power you select. Their commercial-style range hoods feature serious ventilating performance for the serious home chef. They're specifically designed for use with high BTU, commercial-style ranges. They also accommodate the high-capacity demands of residential woks and cooktop grills. And, since true satisfaction and exquisite taste go hand-in-hand, they offer and extensive selection and a wide array of options and colors.
Broan Elite RMDD Downdraft System
Ready where and when you need it. Rises to new heights to meet the needs of high-end commercial style cooking.
Designed specifically to be compatible with most conventional and commercial style cooktops combining a sensational appearance with high performance features. Stainless steel construction on all exposed surfaces provides a durable finish and an unforgettable look.
Dimensions & Weight
Visible Shell Height:
Broan Elite Downdraft/ Broan Elite Downdraft External Blower
CFM/Sones Vertical Rectangular:
- Compact design is installed directly behind the cooktop for an unobtrusive appearance. Thin profile saves precious space under the cabinet.
- Chimney rises over 9-1/2 inches when activated, ideal for large pots and pans.
- Infinitely adjustable control is designed to provide convenient access to govern the blower speed for effective and quiet operation.
- Optional remote control will activate downdraft from an alternate location.
- Heat Sentry detects excessive heat and adjusts blower speed to high automatically.
- Dishwasher-safe filters are easy to remove and feature a stylish brushed stainless steel appearance for a professional look.
- These units are not for installations behind ovens.
- Internal 500 CFM centrifugal blower or choice of eight External blower options: four Exterior blowers from 600 to 1500 CFM, or four In-Line blowers from 280 to 1100 CFM.
- Unique ducting capability allows the internal or remote blower connection to be ducted to the left, right or downward.