The Difference is Gaggenau
Gaggenau is the world's preeminent brand of restaurant-grade cooking technology for the modern home. Specializing in high-performance built-in kitchen appliances, its sleek portfolio includes ovens, modular gas, electric and induction cooktops, ventilation, refrigerators, dishwashers, specialty appliances such as steamers, grills and deep fryers, and the Asian-influenced Teppan Yaki.
Gaggenau stands for exceptional convenience and intuitive operation, just as in professional kitchens. Products contain high-quality, rugged surface finishes, easy to navigate panels and the most durable of materials, including shot-blasted aluminum surfaces that do not show fingerprints and sturdy control knobs that are a pleasure to use.
Professionals know what they want. They desire clear designs and instinctive controls. The professional kitchen exemplifies the belief that form follows function, and this is the model that Gaggenau has developed its design from. Gaggenau kitchens are not only beautiful, but also intelligent and inspiring. The quality of built-in kitchen appliances begins with the design. Gaggenau builds beautiful ovens, elegant dishwashers, ventilators, cooktops and refrigerators that far exceed expectations. With Gaggenau, form truly follows function.
Gaggenau creates small revolutions in design and technology. Explore their full range of home appliances, and discover how their innovative products combine to help you create the ultimate cooking experience.
The New Modular Refrigerator and Freezer Columns From Gaggenau
Modular design supports unique kitchen layout and design choices that allow the creation of a personalized refrigeration system. Fully integrated or visually striking with aluminum or stainless steel doors. The combination options are endless - mix and match, and place the columns anywhere in the kitchen depending on individual needs.
New refrigeration concepts for the modern home. Gaggenau's modular refrigeration columns offer sensible technology for the discerning gourmet. Stainless steel interiors ensure hygienic food storage and better energy conduction. Fully expandable crisper and temperature-controlled drawers offer convenient food display and controlled storage for delicate items. Gaggenau's modular refrigeration columns are available in 24-inch (RC 462) and 30-inch (RC 472) width.
This refrigerator uses 278 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $29.61.
The estimated yearly operating cost is based on the 2007 national average electricity cost of $.1065 per kWh. Your operating cost will depend on your utility rates and usage.
Requires Custom Panels
Volume / Energy Efficiency
Total Gross Volume:
13.4 Cu. Ft.
Total Net Volume:
13.1 Cu. Ft.
Daily Energy Consumption per 100 (3.5 Cu. Ft.) of Net Volume:
Electronic Temperature Control:
Fresh Cooling Zones with Humidity Control:
Malfunction Visual Warning Signal:
Malfunction Audible Warning Signal:
Door Open Visual Warning Signal:
Door Open Audible Warning Signal:
Door Bins with Flap or Sliding Door:
Wine and Champagne Bin:
Total Connect Load:
Connection Cable Length:
0.40 kWh/24 Hrs.
Stainless Steel Interior
- Helps prevent bacteria growth and keeps the refrigerator naturally hygienic, just like in a professional kitchen.
Motorized Glass Shelf
- A push of a buttom moves the motorized shelf to the desired height, even when fully loaded, thus making reorganizing the refrigerator compartment easy and time-efficient.
Cool Door System
- A cold air channel behind the door racks ensures that food items on these racks are stored at the same temperature as in the refrigerator compartment.
Multi-Flow Air System
- A continuous flow of air running along the interior back wall provides an even distribution of air and ensures equal temperature levels on all shelves.
Gaggenau-Exclusive Heavy Load Door Hinge
- Holds up to 220 lbs. of door weight.
- Heavy door panels are easy to install with the unique door installation technique.
Individual Compressors and Evaporators
- Each column features an evaporator and compressor.
- The individual columns operate independently, without air exchange, preventing odor transfers.
- The independent operation creates perfect temperatures - the refrigerator is not cooled by the freezer air - and maintains perfect humidity levels to keep vegetables and fruit crisp and fresh longer.
New Lighting System
- Upper halogen spotlights and two halogen light pillars fully illuminate the interior.
Temperature Control Drawer
- Delicate food is stored at individually different temperatures, including settings for poultry, fish, meat and produce.
- A humidity regulator is used to maintain natural moisture levels.
- This creates ideal storage conditions for fruit and vegetables, salad, fresh herbs, etc., which stay fresh, crisp and keep their flavor longer, while retaining vitamins and other nutrients.
Doors Open to a 115-Degree Angle
- Allowing to completely pull out all drawers for easy access to stored items.
Aluminum Door Bins
- These adjustable bins offer plenty of storage space and have a variety of uses.
- They are made of solid, anodised aluminum, which is particulary hygienic and easy to clean, as well as preventing odor transfer from food.
Electronic Temperature Control
- With more precise temperature control, food can be stored longer.
- The keypad with digital temperature display is used for all settings, including special functions.
- Similar in function and effect to the fast freezing system.
- Automatic quick-chilling gives maximum chilling power, thus helping to prevent warming of items already stored when new items are placed in the refrigerator.
- The appliance automatically returns to normal operation.
Gaggenau RC462700 Reviews