Two-Door Bottom-Freezer with Integrated Ice Maker
The RB 492 combine all the benefits of the new refrigeration series in a single unit: with classic refrigeration on top and a freezer drawer on the bottom. The shelves are made of tempered safety glass and are individually adjustable. For even more flexibility, the RB 492 has an asymmetrically split shelf.
The Difference is Gaggenau
Gaggenau is the world's preeminent brand of restaurant-grade cooking technology for the modern home. Specializing in high-performance built-in kitchen appliances, its sleek portfolio includes ovens, modular gas, electric and induction cooktops, ventilation, refrigerators, dishwashers, specialty appliances such as steamers, grills and deep fryers, and the Asian-influenced Teppan Yaki.
Gaggenau stands for exceptional convenience and intuitive operation, just as in professional kitchens. Products contain high-quality, rugged surface finishes, easy to navigate panels and the most durable of materials, including shot-blasted aluminum surfaces that do not show fingerprints and sturdy control knobs that are a pleasure to use.
Professionals know what they want. They desire clear designs and instinctive controls. The professional kitchen exemplifies the belief that form follows function, and this is the model that Gaggenau has developed its design from. Gaggenau kitchens are not only beautiful, but also intelligent and inspiring. The quality of built-in kitchen appliances begins with the design. Gaggenau builds beautiful ovens, elegant dishwashers, ventilators, cooktops and refrigerators that far exceed expectations. With Gaggenau, form truly follows function.
Gaggenau creates small revolutions in design and technology. Explore their full range of home appliances, and discover how their innovative products combine to help you create the ultimate cooking experience.
This refrigerator uses 452 kWh/yr. and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $50.13.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating cost is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh.
For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances.
14.3 Cu. Ft.
Temperature Controlled Drawer:
0.9 Cu. Ft.
5.8 Cu. Ft.
Energy Star Qualified:
Dynamic Cool Air Distribution:
Multi-Flow Air System:
Defrost Water Evaporation:
Activated Charcoal Air Filter:
Energy-Saving Vacation Mode:
Open-Door Warning System:
Malfunction Warning System:
Yes with Fast Cooling
35°F - 46°F
Motorized Glass Shelves:
Fully Extendable Drawers:
2 with Transparent Front
Fully Extendable Temperature Controlled Drawers:
Bright Interior Lighting:
LED Sidewall Pillars:
Height Adjustable Door Bins:
Door Bins with Transparent Front Flap:
Yes with Fast Freezing
7°F - -9°F
Fully Extendable Drawers:
Yes with 2 Spot Lights
Fixed Water Connection:
Ice Cube Production:
Approx. 3.1 Lbs./24 H
Ice Storage Bin Capacity:
Dimensions and Weights
- Stainless steel interior.
- Generous LED lighting concept.
- Solid aluminum door bins.
- Integrated automatic ice maker with fixed water connection in the freezer drawer.
- One motorized glass shelf, adjustable when fully loaded.
- One asymmetrically split glass shelf.
- Fully extendable freezer drawer with practical divider.
- Electronic precision temperature control with digital temperature display.
- Dynamic cool air distribution with Multi-Flow Air System.
- Automatic defrosting with defrost water evaporation.
- Activated charcoal air filter.
- Energy-saving vacation mode.
- Open-door and malfunction warning system.
- No-frost technology with fast cooling.
- Temperature adjustable from 35°F to 46°F (+2°C to +8°C).
- 2 safety glass shelves, 1 of which is motorized.
- 1 asymmetrically split safety glass shelf, manually adjustable.
- 2 fully extendable drawers with transparent front.
- Bright interior lighting with LED sidewall pillars.
- 2 height adjustable door bins, one large gallon door bin.
- 1 door bin with transparent front flap.
Temperature Controlled Drawer
- 1 continuous, fully extendable temperature controlled drawer close to 32°F with transparant front, manually controllable.
- No-frost technology with fast freezing.
- Temperature adjustable from 7°F to -9°F (-14°C to -25°C).
- 2 fully extandable drawers.
- Interior lighting with two spot lights.
- Integrated automatic ice maker in the freezer compartment, with fixed water connection.
- Ice maker can be switched off independently.
- Ice cube production approximately 3.1 lbs./24 h.
- Removable ice storage bin with approximately 6.6 lbs. capacity.
- Energy consumption 1.238 kWh/24 h.
- Connecting cable 78-3/4" with plug.
- Supply hose 118" with 3/4" connection.
Gaggenau Vario 400 Series RB492701 Reviews