Duct Extension Kit
Subbases and Disconnect Swtiches
Wireless RF Energy Management Accessories
The Amana brand Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner was designed for customer comfort and owner piece of mind. No other unit in the industry offers so many energy management features as standard. With the ability of the DigiSmart PTAC to reduce operating costs by 35%, there is no need to settle for anything less than an Amana brand PTAC.
PTAC systems are single units that provide both heating and cooling operations from one product. This is different from the air conditioning systems used in most North American homes which use split systems. This name is derived from the fact that two components are required to complete the system; an indoor coil (inside the home) and an external condenser (outside the home).
Using electricity as its power source, the PTAC compressor pumps refrigerant through the system. The refrigerant attracts heat and moisture from indoors and then transfers it outdoors. Heat and moisture inside are removed when warm air passes over the cool indoor coil. The heat and humidity in the air are removed by the coil, thereby "cooling" the air indoors.
When the PTAC operates in the heating mode, the unit operates in reverse. The refrigerant is used to create a heated indoor coil. As air passes over the heated coil the heat is transferred to the air inside the room creating warm air.
Indoor comfort all year - PTACs can rapidly remove heat and moisture from indoor air. You simply set the units thermostat to the temperature that you desire and the unit automatically cools to that level. You can manually select fan speed or use the automatic fan speed setting. When you need the room to be heated you use the same basic settings. Just set the thermostat to the temperature you want and select the heating function.
Simple Installation - PTACs are easy to install because they come in standard sizes and shapes. Regardless of the heating and cooling load requirements, the unit is the same size. Since both the heating and cooling systems exist inside a single unit, installation is easier than the installation of a split system.
Independent Operation - Unlike split-system heating and cooling systems which condition whole buildings through the use of ductwork, PTACs cool and heat only the rooms or spaces where they are installed. This means you cool or heat only what you want with individual temperature control. With multiple PTACs installed, you can easily control indoor temperature on a room to room basis.
Dimensions & Weights
Overall Depth excl. Outdoor Grille:
Wall Sleeve Depth:
Unit without Electric Heater
Minimum Circuit Amps:
CFM (Cool/Wet Coil) - High:
CFM (Cool/Wet Coil) - Low:
CFM (Dry Coil) - High:
CFM (Dry Coil) - Low:
Ventilated Air (Fan Only):
70 CFM (Approx. 95 CFM with optional power vent kit)
Ventilated Air (Compressor & Fan):
70 CFM (Approx. 95 CFM with optional power vent kit)
Electric Heat Performance (Auxiliary Heating for PTH Models)
Electric Heater Size:
Nominal Heating @ 230V:
Nominal Heating @ 208V:
Minimum Circuit Ampacity:
Reverse-Cycle Heating Performance
Reverse-Cycle Heating Performance - Outdoor Ambient Rating Point
Heating @ 62°F:
Heating @ 57°F:
Heating @ 52°F:
Heating @ 47°F:
Heating @ 42°F:
Heating @ 37°F:
Heating @ 32°F:
Heating @ 27°F:
Heating @ 24°F:
Reverse-Cycle Heating Performance - Outdoor Ambient
Watts @ 62°F:
Watts @ 57°F:
Watts @ 52°F:
Watts @ 47°F:
Watts @ 42°F:
Watts @ 37°F:
Watts @ 32°F:
Watts @ 27°F:
Watts @ 24°F:
- Amana brand PTACs have an EER of up to 12.8 (on heat pumps, a COP of up to 3.6) to keep energy consumption to a minimum.
On-board Energy Management System
- Amana brand units are equipped with EMS technology to better control room temperature and save energy dollars.
DigiSmart Control Board
- Ready for wireless or wired operation
Programmable Set-back Program
- Owner-controlled settings allows automatic temperature setback when unit is idle.
- Amana brand DigiSmart units connected to a Tridium JACE controller automatically build their own wireless network.
DigiSmart Suite of Peripherals
- Remote occupancy sensor, remote thermostat, RF antennas, and RF platform controller provide everything you need to reduce energy costs by 35%.
DigiSmart In-Room Products
- PTAC - Contains all the processing power and software to manage energy consumption, unit status and comfort performance.
- Occupancy Control - The remote sensor above the door determines if the room is occupied or not. If occupied, normal routines run, but if unoccupied the PTAC can change temperature settings based upon owner settings.
- Remote Thermostat - The DigiSmart remote thermostat works just like the one at home but unlike other PTACs does not disable the unit controls. Remote and PTAC control panels work at the same time and show the same information.
- Set-up - Best of all, no wiring. All of the peripheral devices can be installed by your handy man without calling an expensive electrician. A touch of a button connects the peripherals to the air conditioner in that room.
DigiSmart Property-Wide Network
- The Tridium Jace controller connects all Amana DigiSmart PTACs in a property automatically through a self-detection routine.
- Once connected to your PC, the status and operating condition of each unit can be viewed remotely and settings changed centrally.
- The Tridium Jace controller through its NiagaraAX protocol has already built connections to more than 100 commercially available building management systems.
- So once the network is up and running, Amana PTACs can be integrated with your existing building management system or if desired, controlled remotely through the Internet.
On-Board Energy Management System (EMS)
- Set-Back Mode - the owner can determine amount of time unit left 'untouched' (buttons not pushed) before the PTAC begins a set-back routine and new thermostat temperature takes effect, also selected by owner.
- Maintenance Status - Separate green LED indicator light to show if unit requires maintenance.
- Electronic Temperature Limits - owner can set separate cooling and heating temperature ranges and limit operation to one-degree increments, saving energy by preventing guests from over-cooling or over-heating.
- Enhanced Dehumidification Cooling Mode - the unit can be set to lengthen cooling cycles while the room is occupied or unoccupied. This passes more air through the unit while the coil is below the dew point, increasing the amount of moisture removed.
- Unit Diagnostics - when switched to diagnostics mode, the unit shows ten different self-diagnosis codes to help keep the unit running most efficiently.
- Freeze Protection - when the unit senses temperature of 40°F or below, the unit automatically activates the fan motor and the electric or hydronic heat to help prevent burst water pipes or broken fixtures caused by freezing temperatures.
- Extended Heating with the Heat Pump - heat pump models will operate in heat-pump mode with external temperatures as low as 24°F to provide additional energy savings.
- 30 Second Fan-Only Delay - the fan continues to run for 30 seconds after the compressor has stopped or after electric heat has been turned off. This improves efficiency by dispersing the cooled or heated air still on the coil into the room.
See "Accessories" for more accessory options