Raising the bar in PTAC Controls
Designed exclusively for Amana PTAC units, DigiSmart technology has dramatically raised the bar in PTAC controls. Your guests will appreciate its large, easy-to-read LED readout that allows them to check the temperature with a quick glance and, if desired, to change the setting to a specific temperature by pressing a button. The ability to select a precise temperature helps your guests avoid over-cooling their rooms, a situation that often occurs with knob-type controls, which are less precise.
What's more, the DigiSmart Control Board offers many programmable features and self-diagnostics that help facility personnel better manage the care and maintenance of the PTACs in their facility and allow management to better control operating costs. One of these features is a "setback" program that senses whether or not a unit has been touched within a specific window of time. If the unit has not been touched, the system then concludes that the room in which the PTAC is located is vacant and begins setting the temperature back in three successive steps, thereby saving energy.
The most significant breakthrough in the PTAC industry, is the new DigiSmart Wireless Energy Management Suite that helps ensure that you minimize energy used in cooling your guest rooms when your guests are not in the room.
Enhance Room Value, Gain Control and Start Saving 35% on PTAC Energy Costs!
There are three key pieces to the DigiSmart Wireless Energy Management Suite: a Wireless Antenna, a Remote-Mounted Thermostat, and a combination Motion Sensor/Door Switch. When installed withan Amana brand PTAC, the system works as follows.
(1) Plug in the DigiSmart Antenna.
Once a technician plugs this small antenna into the DigiSmart control board, the unit is ready to communicate with the Thermostat and the Motion Sensor/Door Switch. And as you install these amazing DigiSmart antennae in all of the PTACs in your facility, they will form a network and begin to talk to one another.
(2) Set and Mount the DigiSmart Remote-Mounted Thermostat.
Simply push a button inside the thermostat to link it to the PTAC and mount the thermostat on the wall.
(3) Set and Mount the DigiSmart Occupancy Control.
A simple push of a button will link this device to the PTAC. Then just mount the DigiSmart Motion Sensor/Door Switch above the door, and the Amana brand's proprietary software routines will begin working with this device to determine whether the room is occupied. While the guest is in the room, the PTAC maintains the selected temperature. When the guest is away, however, the energy management system sets the temperature back based on setback routines that you can determine yourself.
The new DigiSmart Wireless Energy Management Suite is an extremely valuable way for you to help control the energy used in your guest rooms, which can dramatically reduce your operating costs over time.
Dimensions & Weight
Depth of Wall Sleeve:
- Amana PTAC has been redesigned to be the quietest PTAC the brand has ever built. The unit's state-of-the-art design and construction provide a quiet environment, allowing guests to enjoy peaceful, sleep-filled nights.
Increased Dehumidifcation Capacity
- Maintain lower humidity levels in rooms while cooling them without the need for expensive add-ons. As a result, guests feel more comfortable at higher temperatures, thus reducing cooling costs.
Seven-Button Touch Pad
- Provides complete control to guests for in-room comfort while maintaining energy efficiency.
7 5/8" Unit Front Depth
- Enhance valuable room space with our slim unit front, which has a sleek 7 5/8" depth, one of the shallowest silhouettes in the industry today. In addition, to inhibit guest tampering, the front can be secured to the chassis with a hidden screw.
Easy Pull Out Filters
- Filters are washable and easy to maintain.
Filter Dryer for Sealed System Refrigerant
- Standard in all units to protect the compressor and lengthen the life of the unit by removing moisture and preventing acid formation.
Condensate Dispersion System
- Removes condensate from indoor cooling operation by throwing water directly on to the outdoor coil for rapid evaporation and increased cooling efficiencies.
- The slinger ring on the new, enhanced fan draws water up and into the fan blades. This water is then atomized and evaporated into the atmosphere through the condenser.
- Increased surface area from the coil allows more water to be evaporated on the sides of the coils and helps to minimize condensate run-off.
Front Desk Control
- Each unit comes equipped with the DigiSmart control and energy management software. Using the DigiSmart software and optional RF Antenna, all units can be wirelessly connected to a central hub for enhanced energy savings and diagnostics.
Room Freeze Protection
- When the unit senses temperatures of 40°F or below, the unit activates the fan motor and either the electric resistance heater or the hydronic heater.
- No complex controls to confuse your guests and create phone calls for your manager. Controls are easy to read, understand, and activate.
- 7-button control panel provides guests with complete control of the unit for their in-room comfort while maintaining overall energy efficiency.
Easy to Service with On-Board LED Diagnostics
- The main components are easily serviced and there is no guessing to determine the problem with Amana's easy-to-read diagnostics.
Stonewood Room Front
- Stonewood room front strikes the balance between attractive styling and practical design.
- Distinctive contours and a modern appearance enhance the character of even the most luxurious room, while the sleek 7 5/8" depth maximizes usable space for your guests.
Remote Thermostat Control
- When the DigiSmart wireless remote thermostat (DS01E, sold separately) is set up, both the remote thermostat and unit control panel continue to control the unit, providing flexibility and home-like system control.
- Installation requires no more than pressing two buttons. No need to run wires or make electrical connections.
Zero Floor Clearance
- The unit can be installed flush to a finished floor, if desired.
30-Second Fan-Off Delay
- The fan continues to run 30 seconds after the compressor has stopped in either cooling or heat pump mode and after electric heat has been turned off. This improves efficiency by dispersing the conditioned air on the coils into the room.
- Helps prolong the life of the compressor by preventing short-cycling.
- When the compressor is switched On because room temperature has risen or fallen below the specified limit, it will remain on for at least 4 minutes. If the temperature set-point is changed during this time, the lock-in feature is overridden.
Automatic Emergency Heat
- Heat pump units will automatically switch over to electric resistance heat if the heat pump compressor system fails or if the heating load is greater than the unit capacity.
Constant Fan Mode
- Take advantage of each unit's dual options - select continuous fan operation or cycle the fan ON and OFF with the thermostat.
- Amana's 7-button design allows guests to select fan performance while allowing the owner to have the unit revert to the desired program of continuous fan or cycle with conditioning.
Hidden Ventilation Control
- The ventilation control lever is hidden from the occupant's view to allow you to manage ventilation requirements.
- Protects the unit from high pressure and damage to the unit, helping to ensure long unit life.