*For Commercial Use Only - Not For Residential Use Within the USA
IMPORTANT NOTE: Sleeves are sold and shipped separately to accommodate new construction and replacement requirements.
- Tangential blower wheel for fast, even air distribution
- Two permanently-lubricated fan motors for quiet operation
- EERs up to 12.0; COPs up to 3.4
- 3 fan speeds heating and cooling
- Separate thermostat settings (limiting) for cooling and heating modes allow for improved comfort
- Internal diagnostic program
- Remote thermostat operation
- Compatible with energy management systems
- Reversible indoor air louvers
- Antimicrobial air filters
- Diamonblue anticorrosion treatment
- Modular design ensures easy access to key components
- Fits standard PTAC sleeve without added cost of a baffle kit
Digital Control Features
Digital Temperature Readout
- By digitally monitoring desired room temperature, the room is controlled more precisely than conventional systems.
- The large, easy-to-read LED display can show either the set point or actual room temperature as selected by owner.
- When the unit is powered off, the unit can be returned directly to heating or cooling mode by pressing the 'Heat' or 'Cool' buttons without the confusing power up sequence of some controls.
- One-touch control takes guesswork out of unit control, delivering a more enjoyable experience and eliminating front-desk calls.
Individual Mode & Fan Control Buttons
- By having separate control buttons and indicators for both fan and mode settings, the Friedrich digital control eliminates the confusion of previous digital PTACs.
- The accurate temperature setting provides greater guest comfort than other systems.
Quiet Start/Stop Fan Delay
- The fan start and stop delays prevent abrupt changes in room acoustics due to the compressor energizing or stopping immediately.
- Upon call for cooling or heating, the unit fan will run for five seconds prior to energizing the compressor.
- Also, the fan off delay allows for "free cooling" by utilizing the already cool indoor coil to its maximum capacity by running for 30 seconds after the compressor.
Remote Thermostat Operation
- Some applications require the use of a wall-mounted thermostat.
- All new Friedrich PTACs may be switched from unit control to remote thermostat control easily without the need to order a special model or accessory kit.
Internal Diagnostic Program
- The new Friedrich digital PTAC features a self diagnostic program that can alert maintenance to component failures or operating problems.
- The internal diagnostic program saves properties valuable time when diagnosing running problems.
Service Error Code Storage
- The self diagnosis program will also store error codes in memory if certain conditions occur and correct themselves such as extreme high or low operating conditions or activation of the room freeze protection feature.
- Storing error codes can help properties determine if the unit faced obscure conditions or if an error occurred and corrected itself.
Electronic Temperature Limiting
- By limiting the operating range, the property can save energy by eliminating "max cool" or "max heat" situations common with older uncontrolled systems.
- The new electronic control allows owners to set operating ranges for both heating and cooling independently of one another.
Room Freeze Protection
- When the PTAC senses that the indoor room temperature has fallen to 40°F, the unit will cycle on the fan (high) and the electric strip heat to raise the room temperature to 46°F, and then cycle off again.
- This feature works regardless of the mode selected and can be turned off.
- The control will also store the Room Freeze cycle in the service code memory for retrieval at a later date.
- This feature ensures that unoccupied rooms do not reach freezing levels where damage can occur to plumbing and fixtures.
Random Compressor Restart
- Multiple compressors starting at once can often cause electrical overloads and premature unit failure.
- The random restart delay eliminates multiple units from starting at once following a power outage or initial power up.
- The compressor delay will range from 180 to 240 seconds.
General Product Features
- Diamonblue seacoast protection protects the outdoor coil from harsh environments.
- Comes standard on all models.
Digital Defrost Thermostat
- The new Friedrich PTAC uses a digital thermostat to accurately monitor the outdoor coil conditions to allow the heat pump to run whenever conditions are correct.
- Running the PTAC in heat pump mode saves energy and reduces operating costs.
- The digital thermostat allows maximization of heat pump run time.
Even Heat Monitoring
- The digital control monitors indoor conditions to ensure that the room temperature is within five degrees of the setpoint. If necessary, the unit will cycle the electric heat to maintain the temperature.
- This feature ensures guest comfort by delivering the heating benefits of an electric heater while maintaining the efficiency benefits of a heat pump.
Separate Heat/Cool Fan Cycle Control
- The owner may choose between fan cycling or fan continuous mode based on property preference.
- (Note: Even heat monitoring and quiet start/stop fan delay only operate in fan cycle mode)
- Fan continuous mode is used to keep constant airflow circulation in the room during all times the unit is 'ON'.
- Fan cycle will conserve energy by only operating the fan while the compressor or electric heater is operating.
- The ability to set the fan cycling condition independently between heating and cooling mode will increase user comfort by allowing the choice of only constantly circulating air in the summer or winter time.
- Unlike other PTAC brands that only allow one selection.
Emergency Heat Override
- In the event of a compressor failure in heat pump mode, the compressor may be locked out to provide heat through the resistance heater.
- This feature ensures that even in the unlikely event of a compressor failure, the room temperature can be maintained until the compressor can be serviced.
Desk Control Ready
- All Friedrich digital PTACs have low voltage terminals ready to connect a desk control energy management system.
- Controlling the unit from a remote location like the front desk can reduce energy usage and requires no additional accessories on the PTAC unit.
Indoor Coil Frost Sensor
- The frost sensor protects the compressor from damage in the event that airflow is reduced or low outdoor temperatures cause the indoor coil to freeze.
- When the indoor coil reaches 30°F, the compressor is disabled and the fan continues to operate based on demand.
- Once the coil temperature returns to 45°F, the compressor returns to operation.
Ultraquiet Air System
- The new Friedrich PD series units feature an indoor fan system design that reduces sound levels without lowering airflow or preventing proper air circulation.
- The Friedrich PTAC has been engineered so that all functional systems are optimized so that they work together to deliver the highest possible performance.
- With Friedrich's new dual-motor design the indoor motor can run at slower speeds which reduces sound levels indoors.
- High efficiency rotary compressors are used on all Friedrich PTACs to maximize durability and efficiency.
Stainless Steel Endplates
- Outdoor coil endplates made from stainless steel reduce corrosion on the outdoor coil common with other coil designs.
Top-Mounted Antimicrobial Air Filters
- All Friedrich PTAC return air filters feature an antimicrobial element that has proven to prevent mold and bacterial growth in laboratory testing.
- PDXFT replacement filter kits feature the same antimicrobial agent.
- All filters are washable, reusable and easily accessed from the top of the unit without the removal of the front cover.
Filtered Fresh Air Intake
- Friedrich PTAC units are capable of introducing up to 75 CFM of outside air into the conditioned space.
- The outdoor air passes through a washable mesh screen to prevent debris from entering the airstream.
- Friedrich PTAC units use environmentally-friendly refrigerant.