Thermador 48" Professional Series Rangetop with Grill or Griddle Option
When you select a Thermador rangetop, you know that you're getting top-notch, trusted professional grade construction and performance. Exclusive to Thermador are their patented Star Burners. The exclusive, sealed 3-in-1 Star Burner's unique five-point design offers a reduced cold spot, faster time to boil and the ExtraLow feature. The coverage area allows for more ports and more flame distribution than a round burner. The ExtraLow feature is perfect for simmering sauces or delicate confections. It cycles on and off to maintain temperatures as low as 100°F; another exclusive trait of Thermador's excellent cooking appliances. Don't think that these ExtraLow burners can't handle tough jobs. These same burners are capable of boosting up from the ExtraLow setting to a powerful 18,000-BTU level which is great for boiling. And if that's not enough, these burners reach boiling point point over 50% faster than leading competitors. After all of this fantastic cooking, if you accidentally made a small spill, clean-up is hassle-free. The grates and grill/griddle lift off easily, and the porcelain maintop and teardrop emboss under the burners will require just the simple swipe of a damp cloth.
Thermador has been providing real innovations for real cooks for more than 75 years. The iconic line of cooking, cleaning, refrigeration and ventilation products remains committed to empowering culinary enthusiasts to be their best through continuous innovation and reinvention. They are determined to provide the highest value at an affordable cost. Available at AJ Madison.
Dimensions & Weight
Required Cutout Width:
Required Cutout Depth:
Required Cutout Height:
Minimum Distance from Rear Wall:
Approximate Shipping Weight:
Total Number of Rangetop Burners:
Gas Cooktop Burners:
6 @ 18,000 BTU
Center Electric Griddle/Grill:
6-Pass @ 1,630 W
Total Natural Gas Connection Rating:
Order Kit PALPKITHC
Total LP Gas Connection Rating:
120V AC, 60 Hz
Required Circuit Breaker:
Natural Gas Inlet Connection:
1/2" NPT (min. 3/4" dia. flex line)
Natural Gas Supply Pressure:
6" min. to 14" max. water column (14.9 Mb to 34.9 Mb)
Natural Gas Manifold Pressure:
5" water column (12.5 Mb)
Liquid Propane Inlet Connection:
1/2" NPT (min. 3/4" dia. flex line)
Liquid Propane Supply Pressure:
11" min. to 14" max. water column (27.4 Mb to 34.9 Mb)
Liquid Propane Manifold Pressure:
10" water column (24.9 Mb)
12" Low Backguard:
Griddle Fits over Two Burners:
12" Grill with Drip Tray:
12" Griddle Cover:
12" Maple Chopping Block:
24" Maple Chopping Block:
Black Metal Knob Kit:
Blue Metal Knob Kit:
LP Conversion Kit:
48" Professional Series Rangetop
- Exclusive, patented Star Burner - most even heating, unsurpassed flame coverage
- Every burner 18,000 BTU (NG)
- Precision simmering capabilities as low as 100°F (375 BTU) with 2 ExtraLow Simmer burners
- Widest range of simmer options from 375 BTU to 3,000 BTU
- Superior griddle results, 6-pass 1,630 watt electric griddle
- Grill accessory is thermostatically controlled for even heating
- Patented Pedestal Star Burner with QuickClean Base feature
- Restaurant style metal knobs
- Professional style, continuous cast iron grates
- Continuous porcelain, easy to clean cooking surface
- Star design delivers superior heat spread for any size pan
- Simmer without stirring/scorching with exclusive ExtraLow
- QuickClean Base feature designed for easy surface cleaning
- Titanium surface non-stick, rust-proof cast-aluminum griddle
- Removable griddle and grill accessory for easy clean-up
- Signature blue indicator lighting
- Island trim shipped standard with rangetop
- To ensure professional results, the cabinet and counter top openings should be prepared by a qualified cabinet worker.
- The rangetop can be installed in various positions with the front either flush or projecting, depending on the counter top's depth.
- The rangetop is designed to hang from the counter top by it's side flanges.
- The counter top however, must be strong enough to support the rangetop.
- It may be necessary to add a supporting cleat along each side or a 2 x 4 corner brace.
- Another alternative would be to construct a deck to set the rangetop on.
Above a Warming Drawer
- Thermador Professional Rangetops may be installed above a Thermador Warming Drawer to create a convenient cooking center.
- A minimum of 2 3/4" clearance is required between the bottom of the rangetop and the top of the warming drawer.
- A backguard must be installed when there is less than a 12" horizontal clearance between combustible materials and the back edge of the rangetop.
- The Thermador Low Backguard must be ordered separately and installed at the rear of the rangetop.
- For island installations and other installations with more than 12" clearance, the provided stainless steel island trim will cover the backguard mounting flanges.
Natural Gas or LP
- Thermador Professional Rangetops are shipped by the factory to operate on natural gas.
- They must be converted for use with propane.
- Verify the type of gas being used at the installation site matches the type of gas used by the appliance.
- If the location/job site requires conversion from natural gas to propane (LP), order PALPKITHC.
- Field conversion must be done by qualified service personnel only.
- We strongly recommend that a Thermador Professional Wall or Island Hood or Custom Insert be installed with all Thermador Professional Rangetops.
- Downdraft ventilation should not be used.
- Do not install a microwave-hood combination above the rangetop, as these types of units do not provide the proper ventilation and are not suitable for use with Thermador Professional Rangetops.
Thermador Save with One-Two-Free - Up To $8,346 Instant Rebate
Save Up To $8,346 Instantly
How To Save:
Option One: Professional or Masterpiece Suite
Buy a 30", 36" or 48" Range -OR- any Cooktop / Rangetop and any Wall Oven - Get a FREE Emerald Dishwasher
Option 2 – Power Up with Steam
Buy a 48" Pro Grand Steam Range and get a FREE Sapphire Dishwasher
Add any 30" or 36" Bottom Freezer Refrigerator -OR- any 42" or 48" Side by Side refrigerator -OR- any two Freedom Refrigerator Columns and get ONE of the following:
• Free Microwave Drawer ($1,649 Value)
• Steam/Convection Oven at 50% Discount from UMRP
• Upgrade to a Star-Sapphire or get a 2nd Dishwasher Free (Upgrade Charges Apply)
• Any Ventilation System Free (Up To A $3,848 Value)
Terms and Conditions:
See rebate form for additional details.
Available Rebates - May be Combined
Note: It is the sole responsibility of the customer to download and mail in the rebate form by the respective closing date. AJ Madison cannot be held responsible for non-compliance of the afore-mentioned.
AJ Madison Exclusive Rebate
This rebate will only be paid on AJ Madison purchases only.
Purchases in any other store do not qualify for this rebate.
All rebate forms will be rejected.
Thermador Professional Series PCG486GD Reviews