Sharp is proud to design high-quality products to enhance your lifestyle. From their innovative appliances and home office products to industry-leading LCD televisions and aesthetically advanced solar electric systems, Sharp delivers comfort, convenience, superior home entertainment and energy efficiency.
Sharp air purifiers use a unique combination of air treatment technologies to provide you cleaner, more breathable air quietly and efficiently. A triple filtration system uses True HEPA technology to efficiently trap dust, allergens, pollen and other impurities.
Sharp's new Plasmacluster Air Purifiers with humidifying function offer a unique combination of air treatment technologies to make you and your family more comfortable, whatever the season. Bacteria, germs, mold spores, pollen, pet dander, smoke, dust and odors can make breathing harder, especially for asthma and allergy suffers. These air purifiers help remove these irritants from the air that passes through it with an ultra quiet fan that draws air through a three-stage filter system. Plus, their revolutionary Plasmacluster Ion Technology actively refreshes the air. For an even more comfortable environment, when the Plasmacluster Air Purifier is on, its sensors constantly monitor the air quality in your room, adjusting the fan for air purity while providing the optimum humidity level. This combination of features is a smart way to choose cleaner, healthier, more breathable air.
Air Purification System:
Plasmacluster and Fan
Plasmacluster Ion Mode:
On / Off
Plasmacluster Indicator Light:
Micron Mesh Pre-Filter:
Washable Deodorizing Filter:
Yes (Replaceable, lasts up to 5 years)
True HEPA Filter:
Yes (Replaceable, lasts up to 5 years)
Yes (Replaceable, lasts up to 2 years)
Indicator for Time To Clean Filter:
Sensor / Display:
Yes; Display monitors dust and humidity levels
Clean Sign Indicator:
Lights ON/OFF Button:
Yes; Humidity On / Off
3 (Max / Med / Low) and Auto with Sensor
Voltage / Frequency:
120V / 60Hz
Recommended Room Size:
341 sq. ft. (approx. 18' x 19')
CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) (cubic feet of air cleaned per minute):
Dust 230 / Smoke 220 / Pollen 245
Noise Levels with Air Purifier Only: Max / Med / Low (dB):
54 / 37 / 19
Noise Levels with Air Purifier and Humidifier: Max / Med / Low (dB):
49 / 37 / 28
1 year parts and labor
UL / cUL Listed
ENERGY STAR Qualified:
Dimensions and Weight
New Humidification Function
- Adds humidity to the air for more comfortable air quality, especially in colder weather. It also helps reduce static electricity that results from dry air.
- Shows Plasmacluster operation, dust monitor and humidity level.
True HEPA Filter
- Captures 99.97 percent of particles as small as 0.3 microns from the air that passes through it, including pollen, mold, pet dander and dust.
- The special Antimicrobial Layer provides extra protection against viruses and allergens.
- Splits water molecules into positively and negatively charged ions which spread throughout the room.
- This system effectively refreshes the air similar to the way nature cleans the environment near waterfalls or just after a thunderstorm.
Clean Sign Indicator
- Shows the level of impurities in the air passing through the filter so it's easy to see the progress as healthier, cleaner air is returned into the room.
- Lets the user choose among 3 fan speeds and the Quick Clean mode.
- Uses sensors to automatically adjust fan speed for the degree of cleaning and/or humidification required.
- Library Quiet operation is ideal for bedrooms and living rooms. Silent Mode is as quiet as 19 decibels, about the volume of rustling leaves.
- The KC-860U is among the quietest Air Purifiers with a true HEPA filter available anywhere.
- Energy efficient operation means it's easy on the wallet. With its advanced technologies, it is 35 percent more energy-efficient than standard models, making it ENERGY STAR qualified.
- So it can operate all the time, saving money while improving the quality of the air.
Ultra Long Life HEPA Filters
- Filters require changing only once every five years so operating costs are low.
- The unit looks great in any home or office.