GE Consumer and Industrial spans the globe as an industry leader in major appliance, lighting and integrated industrial equipment systems and services. They provide solutions for commercial, industrial and residential use in more than 100 countries which uses innovative technologies and "ecomagination." It's a GE initiative to aggressively bring to market new technologies that help customers and consumers meet pressing environmental challenges to deliver comfort, convenience and electrical protection and control. GE brings imagination to work.
Discover radiant good looks in the newly enhanced GE Profile and GE electric cooktops with upgraded style and performance features. Now there is a gorgeous, full stainless steel frame on Profile stainless steel models, while GE versions have handsome stainless steel trim on front and back, as well as redesigned knobs with a sleek stainless appearance. Both offer the superb performance of the PowerBoil element for faster, more powerful heating.
The GE Profile JP989 30" Electric Downdraft Cooktop comes with a powerful exhaust system, that effectively pulls smoke and steam out of the kitchen. The ceramic-glass surface has four ribbon elements that provides powerful heat beneath the smooth glass surface to ensure even heat and fast warm-up times, plus a bridge element, which is ideal for oversized cooking pans. With its frameless design, cleaning is quick and easy and also provides a stylish look to your kitchen.
Overall Cooktop Height:
Overall Height Including Downdraft Unit:
Minimum Front Counter Clearance:
Downdraft Exhaust CFM:
Three-Speed Downdraft Vent Fan:
Black, True White or True Bisque
6"/9" Dual Heating Elements:
1 @ 2500W
7" Heating Elements:
2 @ 1800W
Total Bridge Element Wattage:
6" Heating Elements:
Infinite Heat Controls:
Hot Surface Indicator Lights:
Heating Element "On" Indicator Light:
- Powerful exhaust system effectively pulls smoke and steam out of the kitchen.
- A smooth cooktop surface makes cleaning quick and easy.
- Provide powerful heat beneath a smooth glass surface to ensure even heat and fast warm-up times.
- Combines three cooktop elements into one large cooking area, ideal for oversized cooking pans.
- Offers a convenient choice of using a 6" or 9" heating element, depending on the size of the pan.
- Three-Speed Downdraft Fan
- Powerful three speed exhaust system effectively pulls smoke and vapors out of the kitchen.
- A 6" minimum spacing to adjacent side wall is required.
- This cooktop is approved for indoor use only.
- 25" countertop depth required.
- The fan housing can be rotated to the horizontal position for direct venting through rear wall.
- Peninsula or Island Installation
- Minimum 26" countertop depth is suggested.
- Blower should be in vertical position.
- Use galvanized or aluminum duct in 6" round or 3 1/4" x 10" size, or combination of both.
- PVC duct or locally approved piping should be used if installing under a poured concrete slab.
- Duct Work must be vented to outside.
- Do not vent into a wall, ceiling, crawl space, attic or any concealed space.
- Always use appropriate roof or wall cap with damper.
- Laundry-type wall caps should never be used.
- For maximum efficiency use the shortest and straightest duct run possible, with as few fittings as possible.
- For satisfactory performance the duct run should not exceed 100 feet equivalent length.
- See documentation in "Info & Guides" for detailed installation specifications.