In the Beginning
In 1943, Westye F. Bakke built the first freestanding freezer in the basement of his Madison, WI. home. A businessman with a keen ability to anticipate post-World War II refrigeration trends, he founded Sub-Zero Freezer Company just two years later in an old two-car garage. From its modest beginnings, Sub-Zero has become what it is today: the recognized leading manufacturer of premium built-in home refrigerators.
Since its founding, Sub-Zero has pioneered quality products that meet its customers needs. In the mid-1950s, for example, the company developed the built-in refrigerator - a unit that changed the future of kitchen design by fitting within surrounding counter and cabinet space. Over time, the company has refined its early concept and has brought to market a comprehensive line of built-in models, including the 200 Series of undercounter models, its award-winning 500 Series, the design-flexible 600 Series, the integrated 700 Series, and, most recently, the state-of-the-art 400 Series of wine storage.
For 60 years, Sub-Zero has offered innovative, aesthetically appealing and technologically advanced solutions to meet virtually any home refrigeration need. Through foresight and responsiveness, the company has earned its position as an industry leader - a position Sub-Zero intends to maintain well into the new millennium.
What do you want your kitchen to be Sub-Zero refrigerators, freezers and wine storage units are the definitive kitchen components. Made by hand. Tested to the nth degree. With innovative dual refrigeration. Built to the same exacting standards, Wolf cooking instruments help give the fullest expression to your love of good food and the pleasure of preparing it. Wolf fuels your passion for cooking. Available at AJ Madison.
It is the elegant evolution of refrigeration design that designers have been asking for, executed as only Sub-Zero can - filled with more aesthetic and technological innovation than you would expect in such a slender form. This 27" all refrigerator column enables you to pair with full-size integrated refrigeration or drawers to customize your clients' designs in countless new ways.
This refrigerator uses 348 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $38.59.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating costs is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh. For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances.
Energy Star Qualified:
Annual Energy Usage:
$37 (347 kWh)
16.2 Cu. Ft.
Yes with Harness Kit
115 VAC, 60 Hz, 15 Amp Dedicated Circuit
Bright Interior Lighting:
Adjustable Glass Shelves:
High-Humidity Drawer with Divider:
Storage Drawers with Dividers:
Adjustable Door Shelves:
Stationary Door Shelves:
Dimensions and Weights
- Electronic controls are up front and easy to use.
- Flat to the ceiling bright lighting in cabinet and drawers.
- Door alarm will alert you with an audible beep if the door is left ajar.
- The integrated design accepts custom wood panels.
- Optional 81" and 84" finished height stainless steel panels with tubular or pro handles are available.
- Adjustable, spill-proof glass shelves.
- Soft close crisper and deli drawers.
- Informational user reference card inside unit.
- Refrigerator Capacity: 16.2 Cu. Ft. (459 L).
- Meets strict Department of Energy requirements.
- UL approved for US and Canada.
- Electrical Requirements: 115 V AC, 60 Hz, 15-amp circuit.
- Annual Energy Usage: 344 kWh/$37 (Based on 10.65 cents per kilowatt hour).
- A 90° door stop is built into the patented hinge.
- Star-K Kosher certified as Sabbath and holiday-compliant.
- Two, five and twelve-year residential warranty.