How To Choose A Room Air Conditioner
Compared to large capacity central units, room air conditioners have several advantages. The initial cost of a room air conditioning unit is significantly lower than the cost of central air. Because room air conditioners are designed for cooling small spaces, operating costs are reduced. And, room air conditioners can provide personalized temperature and humidity controls that central systems cannot.
Calculating Cooling Capacity
Cooling capacity is the critical factor in properly selecting a room air conditioner. Cooling capacity is measured in British Thermal Units (BTUs) and typical models will range in capacity from 5,000 BTUs to 28,500 BTUs.
Choosing an undersized unit will overwork the unit and it will not cool properly. Choosing an over-sized unit will cost more to buy and operate and it will not dehumidify properly.
We can help you to calculate capacity. Be prepared to provide specific information on:
Cooling Capacity by Room Size
- Room Dimensions
- A simple floor plan to show the location of doors and north-facing windows
- The number of people it will serve
- Sources of heat such as lamps, TV and appliances
- An explanation of what's above the intended room
- Your insulation provisions
Measure the length and width of the area to be cooled. Multiply the length by the width to determine square footage or square meters. Locate the room size in the chart below to select the appropriate BTUs. Then use the product information to select the unit for your room. When cooling rooms with uninsulated ceilings, great rooms, or southern or western sun exposures - step up to the next BTU size.
|Sq. Ft.||Sq. m|
|150||14 ||up to 5,000|
5 Year Parts Only
Product Weight (lbs):
Unit Weight - Indoor AC:
Shipping Weight - Indoor AC::
Shipping Weight - Outdoor AC:
Combined Energy Efficiency Ratio:
Indoor Unit Part Number:
Outdoor Unit Part Number:
Indoor Unit UPC:
Outdoor Unit UPC:
Fan Speeds - Cool/Fan:
Air Direction Control-Horizontal:
Air Direction Control-Vertical:
Noise Level (H/M/L) - Indoor:
Noise Level Outdoor:
Inverter (Variable Speed)
Low Voltage Start-Up:
Liquid Line Diameter:
Suction Line Diameter:
24-Hour On/Off Timer:
Cabinet Height - Indoor AC:
Cabinet Depth - Outdoor AC:
Cabinet Width - Indoor AC:
Cabinet Height - Outdoor AC:
Cabinet Depth - Indoor AC:
Cabinet Width - Outdoor AC:
Dehumidification - Pints/Hr:
Certifications & Approvals
Effortless Temperature Control
- Frigidaire air conditioners maintain the preset room temperature, so you will remain comfortable at all times.
Programmable 24-Hour On/Off Timer
- Customize times to fit your schedule for immediate comfort when you get home. The built-in timer allows you to preset the unit to turn on and off in half-hour increments.
- Allows you to precisely control the temperature and fan speed from across the room.
- Features three different fan speeds for more cooling flexibility.
- Automatically resumes operating at its previous settings when power is restored to your unit.
Effortless Clean Filter
- Our antibacterial filter reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles for a healthier, more comfortable environment.
- Easily select options with the touch of a button.
- Allow you to set the comfort level to your preference, while a convenient temperature readout displays the set temperature.
Warranties on mini split air conditioners only include parts and do not include labor. The licensed HVAC Technician who installs your air conditioner should always provide you with a labor warranty (preferably for at least a full year to compliment the manufacturers' parts warranty).
AJ Madison will only finalize a Mini Split (Ductless Split System) purchase with an authorized HVAC Technician. AJ Madison recommends the installation of a mini-split system to be performed by a trained and qualified HVAC technician with the proper knowledge and background. A trained technician will be able to judge the best location for the air handling (evaporator) unit and also the correct size for the area the unit will heat and/or cool. For assistance with all your technical needs please contact our technical department at email@example.com.
Should you experience an issue during the installation or the initial startup of a unit please do not contact the manufacturer. You should have the technician that installed your system contact either AJ Madison or the manufacturer. We cannot accept any service or warranty calls from anyone but a licensed HVAC technician. We have a full technical support team available to help you throughout the installation process.
AJ Madison, Inc. cannot be held liable for improper installation and operation of any product purchased from our company. Should a warranty issue arise in which parts will need to be replaced, an installation receipt will be required along with your AJ Madison sales receipt. Failure to provide a receipt or invoice may result in the warranty not being honored.