24" Frost-Free Bottom-Freezer
SUMMIT's collection of frost-free refrigerator-freezers provides an attractive and user-friendly answer to small kitchen spaces.
The counter depth FFBF171SS is a bottom freezer refrigerator sized with a unique 24" footprint and 11.47 cu. ft. of storage. It comes with a platinum cabinet and reversible stainless steel doors complete with chrome handles. Separate digital thermostats for the refrigerator and freezer section are conveniently located at the top of the refrigerator, with a digital temperature readout for easy monitoring. An open door alarm sounds when the refrigerator door is left open for over two minutes and a freezer alarm warns you if the interior temperature has exceeded its suggested range.
Inside, the FFBF171SS utilizes low maintenance frost-free operation in both compartments. The refrigerator section includes slide-out shelves with a unique fogged glass look and steel trim. Two mini crispers and one large crisper provide plenty of room to separate your fruits and vegetables, while a scalloped steel wine rack is ideal for storing bottles. The refrigerator door includes multiple racks with adjustable clips, letting you accommodate tall bottles as needed. The bottom freezer features slide-out plastic drawers for easy storage and optimum temperature performance, ensuring items aren't exposed to room temperature when the door is opened.
Perfectly sized and featured, the FFBF171SS combines user convenience, energy efficiency, and modern style. For this unit with a factory installed icemaker, see the FFBF171SSIM.
Something For Everyone
Today, SUMMIT carry over 600 models of specialty refrigerators and freezers, including the largest range of fully automatic defrost compacts available on the market. Additionally, their product line consists of ranges, microwave ovens, cooktops, combination kitchens, washers and dryers, beer dispensers, wine cellars, and more. With their expanding line of built-in and freestanding units, SUMMIT serves a variety of household, commercial, and scientific markets. Specialized compact products for offices, schools, and food service establishments, refrigerators and freezers for medical and laboratory storage, minibars for hotels, and the industry's largest selection of weather-proof outdoor refrigerators are just a few of the items you can find in their always expanding catalogue. Available at AJ Madison.
What Makes Them Different
From innovative design to superior construction, SUMMIT products embody quality from the inside out. Their models can be modified to meet specific customer needs, whether that means adding brass finishes to a beer dispenser for a dramatic look or installing digital controls on laboratory coolers for user flexibility. They offer a full range in style and size that includes their unique thin-line models, designed to fit in those commonly found but hard-to-fill narrow spaces. They have one of the industry's largest collection of ADA compliant appliances and proudly manufacture a dozen models of ENERGY STAR listed products.
This refrigerator uses 416 kWh/yr. and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $46.13.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating cost is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh.
For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances.
Crisper Cover Type:
Full Door Shelf Quantity:
Half Door Shelf Quantity:
US Electrical Safety:
Canadian Electrical Safety:
Dimensions and Weights
Overall Depth with Door Open 90°:
- Convenient design keeps all refrigerated storage at eye level for easier use
Adjustable Glass Shelves
- Rearrange your refrigerator space to accommodate all shapes and sizes or remove shelves for a simple clean-up.
Adjustable Door Storage
- Keep large bottles and condiments right on the door for easy access.
- Half and full shelves are adjustable to accommodate a variety of sizes.
- Store bottles safely on an adjustable scalloped steel rack.
- Three drawers allow you to best separate and store your produce.
- Automatically illuminates when you open the door.
Reversible Stainless Steel Doors
- Keep your options flexible with reversible doors that are easy to switch when your arrangement changes.
Removable Transparent Freezer Drawers
- Unique freezer design keeps the cold inside, even when the door is opened.
- Eliminates the need to manually defrost the refrigerator or freezer section.
- Separate digital controls let you adjust the refrigerator and freezer section, with a digital display in Celsius.
Open Door Alarm
- Audible alarm will sound if the refrigerator door is left ajar for over two minutes.
High Temperature Alarm
- Freezer includes an audible alarm that sounds if the temperature is too high.
Super Cool Function
- Allows you to rapidly cool the refrigerator section to 35.6°F.
- Ideal for bringing newly loaded groceries to a safer storage temperature.
100% CFC Free
- Environmentally friendly design without ozone-damaging chemicals.
Summit FFBF171SSIM Reviews