Miele is a German manufacturer of high quality domestic appliances and machines for commercial applications. The company was founded more than 108 years ago in 1899 by Carl Miele and Reinhard Zinkann and has always been a family-owned, family-run company. Miele aims to manufacture the highest-quality domestic appliances and commercial equipment in the world and to be seen by markets worldwide as providing an absolutely top-class household product.
In the words of their founding fathers, Carl Miele and Reinhard Zinkann, "Success is only possible in the long term if one is totally and utterly convinced of the quality of one's products." Therefore, continuous innovation is the foundation of their business success.
A Cool New Wave
Miele's food and wine preservation appliances join an impressive wave of state-of-the-art products specifically designed to exceed the performance, design and durability expectations of the North American consumer.
Miele innovation and quality are inherently built into each Independence Series product - creating truly unique solutions to easily and safely maintain food and wine without sacrificing freshness, texture or body. At their core, these products are crafted using only the highest-grade materials, cutting-edge cooling technology and Miele's proprietary electronics made at their headquarters in Gütersloh, Germany.
In every way, Miele's legendary reliability is apparent... from the high-performing, cooling system and intuitive MasterCool touch controls to the ground-breaking application technology of RemoteVision, Miele delivers total peace of mind that your investment in quality food and valuable wine is optimally stored.
This Freezer uses 560 kWh and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $62.10 .
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating costs is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh. For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances.
83 1/2" to 85 3/8"
Custom Panel Specifications
Min. 3/4" Outside Frame
See Specifications Document
Maximum Panel Weight:
Drop and Lock
SmartFresh Storage Drawers:
FullView Extendable Storage Drawers:
SuperCool Loading Function:
Dual Compressor System:
Energy Consumption Per Year:
Accepts custom panel or stainless steel front.
- When Miele's MasterCool control system is activated, the user is greeted with a food-driven menu system.
- Easy to view, understand and adjust for each of its four independent cooling zones.
- This intuitive functionality helps to create and maintain the optimum conditions required for specific food categories so freshness is locked in.
- Now that's some cool, useful technology.
ClearView lighting system.
- The bright ClearView lighting system illuminates every nook of the interior cabinet on each level to achieve maximum exposure of all contents.
- With this unique halogen-based lighting system cascading from the top and sides of the appliance, blind or dark spots are eliminated.
- Makes it easy to see and access virtually all food items.
- Even those items tucked in the rear of a fully stocked freezer, concealed by large catering platters or nestled in the storage drawers are in ClearView.
Drop and Lock shelving system.
- Moving shelves and bins on the door and inside the appliance cabinet is simply a one-handed operation.
- Miele's convenient Drop and Lock system keeps each unit firmly aligned on its slide-rail framework so an easy 'tilt up and slide motion' is all it takes to move the unit higher or lower.
- Once the desired position is located, simply drop the piece and watch it automatically lock securely into place.
SmartFresh storage drawers.
- SmartFresh drawers allow you to store and preserve food items perfectly at their individual temperature and humidity requirements.
- Using Miele's revolutionary MasterCool controls, simply select the drawer location and food item type from the menu system, and their signature electronics manage the rest.
- MasterCool will adjust and maintain the ideal conditions so your food items are kept SmartFresh and nutritious longer.
FullView extendable storage drawers.
- Miele's FullView storage drawers are built from top-quality materials to ensure stability as they fully extend.
- Provides an unobstructed view and easy access to contents.
- FullView is a built-in benefit found in all Independence Series appliances... refrigerators, freezers and wine storage.
SuperCool loading function.
- Engaging SuperCool will override the thermostat and begin cooling the cabinet to a reduced temperature... 35°F in the refrigerator and -22°F in the freezer.
- SuperCool will continue working to achieve these lowered temperatures for a period of 6 or 52 hours (for the refrigerator and freezer, respectively) until it reaches this exact degree or it is disengaged by you.
- The result... an accelerated cooling process designed to lock in freshness, taste and texture.
- Miele's RemoteVision Wi-Fi technology creates a 'virtual link' between your appliance and their monitoring center.
- If a fault occurs, Miele's client service center will be immediately notified and contact you, shortly thereafter, to gain access to your home in order to fix the problem.
- RemoteVision... 21st-century technology working hard to give you total satisfaction.
Dual compressor system.
- Ice maker and water/ice dispensing units deliver a truly refreshing drink thanks to Miele's dual compressor system.
- All Miele preservation appliances have a dedicated cooling system responsible for each interior compartment.
- Guarantees the refrigerator and freezer - even if they are housed in a single product like a bottom-mount appliance - do not exchange air.
- This technology eliminates flavor transfer so the salmon stored in your refrigerator doesn't affect the quality of your ice cubes.
- Miele products are known the world over for their robust construction.
- Fully-loaded, with food items on the inside of the door and an elaborate, decorative custom panel on the outside, these hinges are capable of carrying a collective weight of over 200 pounds.
- Tested for over 200,000 door cycles... that's twice the industry standard!
- This stamina ensures the door will stay stable, secure and won't sag over time.
520 kWh consumption per year.
Miele Independence Series F1801VIR Reviews