What is ActiveSmart
ActiveSmart consists of a microprocessor, interior temperature sensors, independently controlled variable speed fans and multiple air ducts. The microprocessor controls how the refrigerator operates based on changing patterns of use. The sensors continuously send information to the microprocessor, which analyses and adjusts the fan speed and compressor operations accordingly to deliver a consistent and stable temperature. Continuous feedback means that ActiveSmart adjusts to the way you live. Its ability to respond to daily use means that it only uses the energy needed to keep your food fresher for longer.
About Fisher & Paykel
Fisher and Paykel designs, manufactures and markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, style, user-friendliness and environmental awareness. They have been leading the world in appliance innovations since the early 1980s. Products like the DishDrawer Dishwasher and the CoolDrawer multi-temperature refrigerator have not only pioneered new, compact technologies, they have also changed appliance design forever. But it's what's on the inside - SmartDrive motors and ActiveSmart refrigeration technology - that really differentiates Fisher & Paykel as a company of creativity. Available at AJ Madison.
This refrigerator uses 454 kWh/yr. and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $55.00.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating cost is based on a 2015 national average cost of $0.121 cents per kWh.
For more information, visit www.eia.gov.
17.6 Cu. Ft.
12.4 Cu. Ft.
4.9 Cu. Ft.
Right Hand Hinge
Freezer and Refrigerator
Humidity Control System:
Number of Shelves:
Number of Drawers:
2 Humidity Crispers with Glass Cover
Number of Door Bins:
4 - 2 Full Width, 2 Half Width
Sealed System Parts:
Dimensions and Weight
Depth without Handle:
Height (incl. feet and hinge cap):
1" (Rear and Sides); 2" (Top)
245 Lbs. (approx.)
17.6 cu. ft. Counter Depth Bottom Freezer with ActiveSmart Technology
- These fridges adapt to suit your lifestyle by streamlining food preparation and organization with SmartTouch controls, flexible shelving, storage options and slide out bins and trays.
What is ActiveSmart Technology
The ActiveSmart System consists of a microprocessor, interior temperature sensors, independently controlled variable speed fans and multiple air ducts.
- The refrigerator operates based on changing patterns of use.
- It only uses the energy needed to keep your food fresher for longer.
Independent Climate Control
- Independent climate control results in better food care.
- The Humidity Control System combined with the ActiveSmart Technology creates the perfect microclimate for your produce.
Greater Intelligence for Greater Efficiency
- Sensors constantly record changes to fridge and freezer compartments.
- When doors are opened and new items are placed inside, the temperature in each compartment is kept constant.
- Rapid chilling provides optimized food preservation.
- Independent variable-speed fans control rapid chill and freezing to ensure food safety and maintain food quality.
- Removable, spill safe glass shelves are easy to clean and contain drips and spills.
- Door alarms on both the refrigerator and freezer ensure that energy isn't wasted from the doors being left ajar.
Humidity Control System
- The humidity controlled crispers offer space where produce can be properly stored to last longer in your refrigerator.
- An LED lighting system lasts longer while using less energy.
- A Sabbath Mode feature adjusts settings accordingly for religious observances.
Smart Touch Control Panel
- The Smart Touch control panel allows you to easily monitor the temperature and settings of your refrigerator.
- Icon indicates when Bottle Chill is activated and flashes when beverage is ready.