Viking introduced professional cooking to the home when their first range shipped in 1987. Now that same exceptional performance extends into every corner of the kitchen - even the backyard. Refrigerators. Wine Cellars. Dishwashers. Grills. Cookware. Cutlery. Small appliances. It's enough to turn any cook into a chef.
A New Premium Line For A New Market
Viking Range Corporation has become an icon. As the creator of professional performance for the home, their brand identity is tied to the ultra-premium market. When consumers imagine their dream kitchen, they undoubtley picture the bold, heavy-duty Professional appliances. That is brand identity. And that is brand strength.
But Viking also wants to tap into the much larger premium market. So how does Viking enter that arena without taking the entire Viking brand down-market
The new Viking Designer Series creates the opportunity to effectively compete in the premium market, with the freedom to adapt their brand identity to suit the premium consumer: slightly younger, slightly less affluent but still appreciates the aura and performance of Viking.
Viking Designer offers Viking performance with subtle, contemporary styling and standard sizes. More importantly, it presents lower price points without diluting the premier image of the Viking brand. The new Viking Designer Series makes sense in today's economy.
The new DSCD freestanding dual-fuel sealed burner range is the latest brainchild of the Viking engineering and design teams. As efficient as it is beautiful, the sealed burner system coupled with the stylish arc of the continuous grate cooktop delivers precision control of varying BTUs on each burner along with the ability to move your pots and pans seamlessly across the surface. And with the largest oven capacity and one of the fastest preheat times on the market, you can go ahead and pry that Thanksgiving dinner away from your mother-in-law's house.
MFG SKU DSCD130-4B
16,000 BTU Nat./12,500 BTU LP/Propane (4.7 kW Nat/3.7 kW LP/Propane)
12,000 BTU Nat./11,500 BTU LP/Propane (3.5 kW Nat/3.4 kW LP/Propane)
8,000 BTU Nat./7,500 BTU LP/Propane (2.3 kW Nat/2.2 kW LP/Propane)
6,000 BTU Nat./5,500 BTU LP/Propane (1.8 kW Nat/1.6 kW LP/Propane)
Shipped Natural or LP/Propane; Accepts Standard Residential 1/2" (1.3 cm) ID Gas Service Line
Gas Manifold Pressure:
Natural 5.0" W.C.P./Liquid Propane L/P 10.0" W.C.P.
240-208 VAC 60 Hz electrical connection box on product, connect with locally supplied 3- wire, flexible cord or "pigtail" rated 40 amp. 125-250 VAC minimum. Cord must be agency approved for use with household electric ranges.
Max Amp Usage:
240V - 25.4 Amps; 208V - 22.9 Amps
Approx. Shipping Weight:
405 Lbs. (182.3 kg)
29 7/8" (75.9 cm)
Overall Depth To Front of Side Panel:
25" (63.5 cm)
Overall Depth To Front of Door:
25 3/4" (65.4 cm)
Overall Depth To Front of Landing Edge:
26 1/2" (67.3 cm)
Overall Depth To Front of Door Handle:
28 1/4" (71.8 cm)
Overall Height to Top of Side Trim:
35 7/8" (91.1 cm) to 37" (94.0 cm)
1 1/8" (2.9 cm)
Additions To Overall Height To Top of Island Trim:
Add 0" (0.0 cm)
Additions To Overall Height To Top of Backguard:
Add 6" (15.2 cm)
Additions To Overall Height To Top of High Shelf:
Add 18 3/16" (46.2 cm)
Oven Interior Dimensions
Oven Interior Width:
25 5/16" (64.6 cm)
Oven Interior Depth (Overall):
19 1/2" (49.5 cm)
Oven Interior Depth (AHAM):
16 13/16" (42.7 cm)
Oven Interior Height:
16 1/2" (41.9 cm)
Oven Volume (Overall):
4.7 Cu. Ft.
Oven Volume (AHAM):
4.1 Cu. Ft.
*** Power Cord Not Included ***
Commercial-Type Cooking Power
- Four sealed burners with brass flame ports and porcelain/cast iron caps.
- Left front - 16,000 BTU high/3,400 BTU low.
- Left rear - 12,000 BTU high/1,700 BTU low.
- Right front - 6,000 BTU high/950 BTU low.
- Right rear - 8,000 BTU high/1,200 BTU low.
- Exclusive all burners equipped with SureSpark Ignition System for consistent and reliable ignition every time.
- Exclusive - largest oven cavity in the industry.
- 4.1 cu. ft. measured to AHAM standards.
- Exclusive patented Vari-Speed Dual Flow convection system.
- Has the largest convection fan in the industry.
- The 8-1/2" fan works bi-directionally for maximum airflow and excellent cooking results.
- Heavy duty metal knobs with stainless steel finish shipped standard.
- Concealed 10-pass dual bake element provides precise temperature control.
- Rapid Ready Preheat provides one of the fastest preheat times - so your oven is ready to begin cooking when you are.
- Oven has six porcelain coated rack supports and comes standard with three standard oven racks.
- Strategically located oven light provides maximum visibility.
- Heavy-duty broiler pan and tray provide more roasting and broiling options.
- High performance cooking modes include:
- TruConvec Convection Cooking
- Hi, Medium, and Low Broil
Easy Operation and Cleanup
- Exclusive one piece tooled cooking surface for easy clean up.
- Concealed 10-pass dual bake element makes for easy clean up of the oven cavity.
- Available in Stainless Steel (SS), Black (BK), White (WH), Metallic Silver (MS), Graphite Gray (GG), Stone Gray (SG), Taupe (TP), Biscuit (BT), Cotton White (CW), Oyster Gray (OG), Golden Mist (GM), Lemonade (LE),
- Sage (SA), Mint Julep (MJ), Sea Glass (SE), Iridescent Blue (IB), Viking Blue (VB), Pumpkin (PM), Racing Red (RR), Apple Red (AR), Burgundy (BU), Plum (PL), Chocolate (CH), Cobalt Blue (CB)
- Island Trim (shipped standard with 30" range) - DS30TII.
- 6" Height Backguard - DS30BG6
- Countertop Side Trim - P24CST
- Countertop Rear Trim - P30CRT
- Curb Base and Custom Curb Base Front -P30CBF4
- One-year full covers complete unit.
- Five-year limited - surface/tube burners.
- Ten-year limited - porcelain oven.
- Ninety-day limited - cosmetic parts such as glass, painted items and decorative items.
MFG SKU DSCD130-4B