Viking introduced professional cooking to the home when their first range shipped in 1987. Now that same exceptional performance extends into every corner of the kitchen - even the backyard. Refrigerators. Wine Cellars. Dishwashers. Grills. Cookware. Cutlery. Small appliances. It's enough to turn any cook into a chef.
A New Premium Line For A New Market
Viking Range Corporation has become an icon. As the creator of professional performance for the home, their brand identity is tied to the ultra-premium market. When consumers imagine their dream kitchen, they undoubtley picture the bold, heavy-duty Professional appliances. That is brand identity. And that is brand strength.
But Viking also wants to tap into the much larger premium market. So how does Viking enter that arena without taking the entire Viking brand down-market
The new Viking Designer Series creates the opportunity to effectively compete in the premium market, with the freedom to adapt their brand identity to suit the premium consumer: slightly younger, slightly less affluent but still appreciates the aura and performance of Viking.
Viking Designer offers Viking performance with subtle, contemporary styling and standard sizes. More importantly, it presents lower price points without diluting the premier image of the Viking brand. The new Viking Designer Series makes sense in today's economy.
The DGVU Designer Series cooktops provide all the style and power of a Viking cooktop in a standard, replacement friendly cutout.
MFG SKU DGVU200-4B
15,000 Nat./LP BTU (4.4 Nat./LP kw)
4,000 Nat./LP BTU (1.0 Nat./LP kw)
9,000 Nat./LP BTU (2.6 Nat./LP kw)
12,000 Nat./LP BTU (3.5 Nat./LP kw)
Accepts standard residential 1/2" (1.3 cm) I.D. gas service line. Shipped natural; gas regulator and orifice spuds are supplied with the product.
120 VAC/60 Hz; 4 Ft. (121.9 cm), 3-Wire Cord with Grounded 3-Prong Plug Attached To Product
Maximum Amp Usage:
Approx. Shipping Weight:
35 Lbs. (15.9 kg)
30 3/4" (78.1 cm)
21" (53.5 cm)
4" (10.2 cm)
28 1/2" (72.4 cm) Min. to 29" (73.6 cm) Max.
19" (48.3 cm) Min. to 19 5/8" (49.8 cm) Max.
2 13/16" (7.2 cm)
NOTE: All Units Shipped As Natural Gas
- Convert using LP conversion kit included with cooktop.
- Sealed burners with aluminum flame ports and porcelainized, cast-iron burner caps.
- Left front - 15,000 BTU high/1,700 BTU low.
- Left rear - 4,000 BTU high/1,000 BTU low.
- Right rear - 12,000 BTU high/1,700 BTU low.
- Right front - 9,000 BTU high/1,350 BTU low.
- Automatic electronic spark ignition/re-ignition.
- Burners light at any position on the knob and re-light if extinguished, even at lowest setting.
Easy Operation and Cleanup
- One-piece, extremely durable steel top.
- Separate spill collection areas.
- Each area holds up to 1-1/2 quarts of liquid spillover.
- Permanently sealed burners.
- Spills cannot enter burner box.
- Durable, stainless steel knobs with child-proof, push-to-turn safety feature.
- Soft-touch, slip-proof rubber grips for easy handling.
- Customer-removable knobs, grates, and burners/caps.
- Overall/burner box dimensions designed to fit the majority of similarly sized cooktop cutouts.
- Available in Stainless Steel (SS), Black (BK), and White (WH)
- One-year full - complete unit.
- Five-year limited - surface burners.
- Lifetime limited - stainless steel exterior.
- Ninety-day limited - cosmetic parts such as glass, painted items and decorative items.
- Warranty valid on Viking products shipped within the United States and Canada.
MFG SKU DGVU200-4B
Viking Designer Series DGVU2004B Reviews