Viking introduced professional cooking to the home when their first range shipped in 1987. Now that same exceptional performance extends into every corner of the kitchen - even the backyard. Refrigerators. Wine Cellars. Dishwashers. Grills. Cookware. Cutlery. Small appliances. It's enough to turn any cook into a chef.
When people think of Viking, the bold, commercial look of the Professional Series range is the image that most likely pops into their heads. Ultra-premium features like high-performance burners, convection baking, and infrared broiling easily handle everything from crème brûlée to rack of lamb. The legendary Viking range is available in gas and electric models, as well as an array of sizes and finishes to fit any kitchen.
And for those who want professional performance without the professional look, there is the Designer Series. Clean lines and contours meld gracefully into cabinets with style, offering a striking new look for Viking. Fully equipped with outstanding features and power, this complete line of built-in products doesn't sacrifice any of the world-renowned Viking performance for fashion's sake. Haute couture meets haute cuisine.
Viking doesn't see the kitchen as a collection of products, but a complete cooking environment. Cooking isn't a chore - it's an art form. Everything must work together in form and function. Both the Professional and Designer lines deliver the ultimate in performance with a cohesive look for the kitchen. Each line offers a full range of products, so you don't have to resort to mixing and matching brands and styles. Viking offers the truly consistent ultra-premium kitchen. The complete Viking kitchen is complete perfection.
Blending seamlessly into cabinetry with locally supplied front panels, the Custom Front trash compactor doesn't just handle garbage - it makes it disappear. In addition to standard ultra-premium features, it offers the choice of Viking Designer handles, Professional handles, or you can add your own.
115VAC/60 Hz; 2-Wire with Ground / 3 Prong Plug
Minimum Amp Requirement:
Approximate Shipping Weight:
210 Lbs. (94.5 kg)
1/2 HP with 3000 Lbs. of Force
Built-in Small Litter Area:
Built-in Storage Compartment:
Break-Away Trash Basket:
Yes with Pressure Release Plate
Activated Charcoal Air Filter/Fan/Light:
17 13/16" (45.2 cm)
Min. Height from Floor:
34 1/8" (86.7 cm)
Max. Height from Floor:
35 1/2" (90.2 cm)
Depth without Handle:
23 7/8" (60.6 cm)
18" (45.7 cm) Min.
34 3/8" (87.3 cm) Min.
24" (61.0 cm) Min.
- "No front" model accepts custom front door panels
- Easy-glide drawer allows for smooth opening and closing
- Large 1.7-cubic-foot trash drawer
- Largest capacity of any residential compactor
- Allows random loading of bulky items
- Easily holds the weekly trash of a family of four
- May be used with or without bags
- Basket release handle/plate for easy removal
- Activated charcoal filter and fan with control knob
- Eliminates the need for perfumed deodorizers
- Control panel light indicates fan is operating
- Built-in storage compartment
- Convenient storage of compactor bags or other cleanup items
- Largest capacity available
Maximum Compacting Power
- 1/2 horsepower, high-torque motor
- Most powerful motor in a residential compactor
- 3-Point Drive System avoids jamming which can result from uneven loading
- Reduces trash to approximately one-fourth its original size in 35 seconds or less
- Delivers 3,000 pounds of crushing force at every position and at every point on the ram head
- 3-Piece Ram encloses motor and drive system for quiet operation
Sturdy Construction and Safety Features
- Durable, heavy-gauge steel frame
- Double reinforced base withstands heavy loads
- Designed to function as a key with the look of a Designer knob
- Compactor will not operate while drawer is open
- Five grip/slip plastic bags with ties
- Outside grips to hold bag in place; inside slips for easy compacting
- Specifically designed to fit 18" wide compactor
- Pre-punched holes match bag retainer buttons
- One activated charcoal air filter
- One breakaway trash basket
Optional Accessories Available
- Package of 15 replacement plastic bags and ties (TCB15-VUC)
- Activated charcoal air filter (ACF-VUC) for replacement every six to nine months
- Professional handle kit (PHK17) in Stainless Steel (SS) or Brass (BR)
- Designer handle kit (DHK17) in Stainless Steel (SS) or Brass (BR)
- One-year full covers complete compactor
- Five-year limited - 1/2 horsepower drive system motor
- Ninety-day limited - cosmetic parts such as painted items and decorative items
Viking Designer Series DFC180 Reviews