Viking introduced professional cooking to the home when their first range shipped in 1987. Now that same exceptional performance extends into every corner of the kitchen - even the backyard. Refrigerators. Wine Cellars. Dishwashers. Grills. Cookware. Cutlery. Small appliances. It's enough to turn any cook into a chef.
A New Premium Line For A New Market
Viking Range Corporation has become an icon. As the creator of professional performance for the home, their brand identity is tied to the ultra-premium market. When consumers imagine their dream kitchen, they undoubtley picture the bold, heavy-duty Professional appliances. That is brand identity. And that is brand strength.
But Viking also wants to tap into the much larger premium market. So how does Viking enter that arena without taking the entire Viking brand down-market
The new Viking Designer Series creates the opportunity to effectively compete in the premium market, with the freedom to adapt their brand identity to suit the premium consumer: slightly younger, slightly less affluent but still appreciates the aura and performance of Viking.
Viking Designer offers Viking performance with subtle, contemporary styling and standard sizes. More importantly, it presents lower price points without diluting the premier image of the Viking brand. The new Viking Designer Series makes sense in today's economy.
The Designer Series full-height wine cellar provides horizontal storage for up to 150 bottles of your favorite vintages. The exclusive TriTemp Storage System features three separate temperate zones to preserve different types of wine at their optimum serving temperatures. Full-width shelves pull out for easy access to standard, magnum, and half-size bottles.
150 Full-Size Bottles
TriTemp Storage System:
Independent Temperature Zones:
Settings Are Adjustable In Each Zone:
From 43°F (6.1°C) to 65°F (18.3°C)
Electronic Control Center:
Versatile Shelving System:
Convertible Wine Shelves:
Solid Maple Wood Facings:
Ultraviolet Resistant Tempered Glass:
Low Intensity Lighting:
Lower Zone with Raised Wood Facings:
Home Security System Connection:
115 Volt, 60 Hz, 15 Amp Dedicated Circuit; 3-Wire Cord with Grounded 3-Prong Plug Attached To Product
Maximum Amp Usage:
Approx. Shipping Weight:
535 Lbs. (240.1 kg)
30" (76.2 cm)
Overall Depth To Front Edge of Side Trim:
23 13/16" (60.5 cm)
Overall Depth To Front Edge of Cabinet Side Trim:
24" (61.0 cm)
Overall Depth To Front Edge of Door Handle:
26 1/2" (67.3 cm)
Min. 82 3/4" (210.2 cm) to Max. 84 1/16" (213.5 cm)
30" (76.2 cm)
24" (61.0 cm) Min.
82 7/8" (210.5 cm) Min. to 84 1/16" (213.5 cm) Max.
- Exclusive TriTemp Storage System provides three independent temperature zones.
- Preserves different types of wine at optimal serving temperatures.
- Settings are adjustable in each zone from 43 to 65 degrees F (6 to 18 degrees C).
- Electronic Control Center constantly monitors and maintains the set temperature in each zone within 1.5 degrees F (.83 degrees C).
- Exclusive glass control pad.
- 15 shelves accommodate up to 150 full-size wine bottles horizontally, keeping corks moist.
- Stores standard, magnum, and half-size bottles.
- Full-width shelves pull out for easy access and are fully removable for easy cleaning.
- Exclusive - two convertible wine shelves adjust to allow for bottle display and are excellent for allowing bottles to settle before serving.
- Shelves are coated to reduce vibration and hold bottles snugly in place.
- Maintains constant 60% humidity level.
- Ultraviolet-resistant tempered glass and black interior protects wine from harmful light.
- Lower zone has raised maple facings to add additional ultraviolet protection.
- Low-intensity interior lighting.
- Displays wine with minimal heat and light output.
- Turns on when door is opened or by switch.
- High-temperature and open-door alarms may be connected to a home security system.
- Keyed lock on door for extra security.
Easy Maintenance and Cleanup
- Fully removable shelves for easy cleaning.
- Power interruption switch completely turns off power to unit for safe cleaning and light tube replacement.
- Front venting sealed refrigeration system works silently and efficiently.
- Adjustable-height lower kick plate removes to provide easy access to evaporator pan.
- Design and basic dimensions provide built-in appearance with standard cabinetry.
- Dual-magnet/spring assist door seal system automatically closes wine cellar door.
- Door stops are factory set at 110 degree swing.
- Easily adjust to 90 or 120 degree swing.
- Must be ordered either right or left hinge (specify R or L after model number).
- Available in a clear or fluted glass door.
- Stainless Steel Side Panels (DSSP2, DSSPR2)
- Stainless Steel Top Kit (TOP-30)
- Side Panel Hardware Kit (SPHKDS)
- Allows custom side panels to be mounted on right and left-hand sides of unit.
- Two year full warranty - complete unit.
- Six-year full warranty - sealed system.
- Lifetime limited - stainless steel exterior.
- Twelve-year limited - sealed system.
- Ninety-day limited - cosmetic parts such as glass, painted items, and decorative items.
- Warranty valid on Viking products shipped within the United States and Canada.
Viking Designer Series DDWB301 Reviews