Viking introduced professional cooking to the home when their first range shipped in 1987. Now that same exceptional performance extends into every corner of the kitchen - even the backyard. Refrigerators. Wine Cellars. Dishwashers. Grills. Cookware. Cutlery. Small appliances. It's enough to turn any cook into a chef.
A New Premium Line For A New Market
Viking Range Corporation has become an icon. As the creator of professional performance for the home, their brand identity is tied to the ultra-premium market. When consumers imagine their dream kitchen, they undoubtley picture the bold, heavy-duty Professional appliances. That is brand identity. And that is brand strength.
But Viking also wants to tap into the much larger premium market. So how does Viking enter that arena without taking the entire Viking brand down-market
The new Viking Designer Series creates the opportunity to effectively compete in the premium market, with the freedom to adapt their brand identity to suit the premium consumer: slightly younger, slightly less affluent but still appreciates the aura and performance of Viking.
Viking Designer offers Viking performance with subtle, contemporary styling and standard sizes. More importantly, it presents lower price points without diluting the premier image of the Viking brand. The new Viking Designer Series makes sense in today's economy.
The Designer side-by-side refrigerator/freezer complements the Designer Series kitchen in both form and function. The refrigerator maintains your desired temperature within one degree, while the freezer provides optimal frozen storage.
This refrigerator uses 694 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $76.96.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating costs is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh. For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances.
15.0 Cu. Ft.
Temperature Management System:
Variable Speed DC Overdrive Compressor:
Multi-Channel Airflow System:
Odor Eliminator Evaporator:
Plasmacluster Ion Air Purifier:
Adjustable Tempered Glass Shelves:
Adjustable Cold Zone Drawer:
Adjustable Humidity Zone Drawers:
2 with Covers
Adjustable Aluminum Door Bins:
4 with Tempered Glass Fronts
Adjustable Aluminum Door Bins:
3 with Tempered Glass Fronts
Ice / Water Dispenser
Cubed Ice, Crushed Ice and Water:
Premium Water Filter:
115 Volt, 60 Hz, 15 Amp Dedicated Circuit; 3-Wire Cord with Grounded 3-Prong Plug Attached To Product
Maximum Amp Usage:
Inlet Water Requirements:
1/4" Copper Tubing Inlet Waterline; Minimum 20 psi; Maximum 120 psi
Two Year Full Warranty
Sealed System and Ice Maker:
Six-Year Full Warranty
Stainless Steel Exterior:
Dimensions and Weights
42" (106.7 cm)
Overall Depth To Front Edge of Side Trim:
23 3/8" (59.4 cm)
Overall Depth To Front of Top Grille:
24" (61.0 cm)
Overall Depth To Front of Handle:
26 1/2" (67.3 cm)
82 3/4" (210.2 cm) Min. to 84 1/16" (213.5 cm) Max.
42" (106.7 cm)
24" (61.0 cm) Min.
82 7/8" (210.5 cm) Min. to 84 1/16" (213.5 cm) Max.
**SPECIAL ORDER** Allow 8 weeks for delivery.
- 15.0 cu. ft. refrigerator.
ProChill Temperature Management System
- Variable speed DC Overdrive compressor is one of the quietest, most technologically advanced compressors available.
- Electronic controls maintain temperature to within 1°F (.83°C).
- Multi-channel airflow system and Odor Eliminator Evaporator removes odors and excess humidity.
Plasmacluster Ion Air Purifier
- Eliminates airborne bacteria and mold spores.
- Enhances food preservation.
- Never needs replacing / no filter required.
- Plasmacluster is a trademark of Sharp Corporation.
Frost-Free Refrigerator Professional Features
- Adjustable Cold Zone Drawer with precision ball-bearing glides can be set for either produce or long-term fresh meat storage with its separate temperature control.
- Quick chill option chills foods and beverages in minutes.
- Full-width, Adjustable Humidity Zone drawer with precision ball-bearing glides for large-item storage.
- Moisture can be adjusted for fresh, leafy vegetables or crisp fruits and vegetables.
- Easy access even with door at 90 degree opening.
- Four adjustable, full-width tempered glass shelves allow customized shelf placement.
- Conveniently located deli drawer stores meats and cheeses at waist level.
- Two in-the-door magnetically sealed dairy compartments with see-through, lift-up covers.
- Additional storage in four large, adjustable aluminum door bins with tempered glass fronts.
- Full lighting illuminates interior when door opens.
Frost-Free Freezer Professional Features
- Adaptive defrost controls the timing of the defrost periods instead of an electromechanical defrost timer.
- Extends to 96 hours - improves food storage because the unit defrosts less often.
- Factory-installed automatic ice maker features full-width, large capacity ice bucket.
- Convenient access to ice with a slide-out ice drawer, positioned for easy reach.
- Transparent drawer front allows viewing of ice supply.
- Three adjustable wire shelves for custom storage.
- Slide-out, large-capacity wire basket provides easy storage viewing.
- Additional storage in three large aluminum door bins with tempered glass fronts.
- Door alarm sounds and glows to warn that the refrigerator and/or freezer door have been ajar for three minutes and that the temperature has risen above normal operating range.
Ice and Water Dispenser Features
- Through-the-door dispenser provides cubed ice, crushed ice, and chilled water in easy on-hand operation.
- Convenient location reduces the need to open the door and also conserves energy.
- Reversing ice dispenser motor clears jams.
- Premium water filter provides cleaner water and ice supply by filtering bad tastes, odors, sediment, and harmful contaminants.
- Conveniently located in bottom of refrigerator compartment for easy removal and installation of replacement cartridges.
Easy Maintenance and Cleanup
- Super Clog-Resistant Condenser is maintenance free under normal use.
- Top-mounted and front venting sealed refrigeration system works silently and efficiently.
- 24" depth keeps items in back within easy reach.
- Spillproof, tempered glass shelves contain spills to aid cleanup.
- Removable for take-to-the-sink cleanup.
- Power interruption switch behind consumer-removable top grille completely turns off power to unit for safe cleaning, light bulb replacement, or servicing.
- Adjustable-height lower kickplate removes to provide easy access to evaporator pan.
- Tru-Flush Design allows refrigerator/freezer to fit flush into 24" deep installation cutout.
- Design and basic dimensions provide built-in appearance with standard cabinetry.
- Exterior moisture control system preventing condensation.
- Dual-Magnet door seal system with spring-loaded self-closing feature.
- Door stops factory set at 110-degree swing.
- Easily adjust to 90 or 120-degree swing.
- Removable, stainless steel upper grille.
- Thin wall and door construction, coupled with high-density insulation, provides maximum interior space.
- Four independent, front-adjustable levelers make installation quick and easy.
- See-through egg container with carrier holds up to 24 eggs.
- Glass butter tray and cover.
- Stainless Steel Side Panels (DSSPL2, DSSPR2)
- Stainless Steel Top Kit (TOP-42)
- Available in Stainless Steel (SS), Black (BK), White (WH), Metallic Silver (MS), Graphite Gray (GG), Stone Gray (SG), Taupe (TP), Biscuit (BT), Cotton White (CW), Oyster Gray (OG), Golden Mist (GM), Lemonade (LE),
- Sage (SA), Mint Julep (MJ), Sea Glass (SE), Iridescent Blue (IB), Viking Blue (VB), Pumpkin (PM), Racing Red (RR), Apple Red (AR), Burgundy (BU), Plum (PL), Chocolate (CH), Cobalt Blue (CB)
- Two year full warranty - complete unit.
- Six-year full warranty - sealed system.
- Lifetime limited - stainless steel exterior.
- Twelve-year limited - sealed system.
- Ninety-day limited - cosmetic parts such as glass, painted items, and decorative items.
- Warranty valid on Viking products shipped within the United States and Canada.