Viking introduced professional cooking to the home when their first range shipped in 1987. Now that same exceptional performance extends into every corner of the kitchen - even the backyard. Refrigerators. Wine Cellars. Dishwashers. Grills. Cookware. Cutlery. Small appliances. It's enough to turn any cook into a chef.
A New Premium Line For A New Market
Viking Range Corporation has become an icon. As the creator of professional performance for the home, their brand identity is tied to the ultra-premium market. When consumers imagine their dream kitchen, they undoubtley picture the bold, heavy-duty Professional appliances. That is brand identity. And that is brand strength.
But Viking also wants to tap into the much larger premium market. So how does Viking enter that arena without taking the entire Viking brand down-market
The new Viking Designer Series creates the opportunity to effectively compete in the premium market, with the freedom to adapt their brand identity to suit the premium consumer: slightly younger, slightly less affluent but still appreciates the aura and performance of Viking.
Viking Designer offers Viking performance with subtle, contemporary styling and standard sizes. More importantly, it presents lower price points without diluting the premier image of the Viking brand. The new Viking Designer Series makes sense in today's economy.
The French-door Designer Series model opens wide to reveal features like two-moisture-adjustable see-through produce drawers, premium water filter, and see-through egg container for 24 eggs. The electronic "door open" alarm warns when a door has been ajar for five minutes.
This refrigerator uses 451 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $50.02.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating costs is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh. For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances.
14.1 Cu. Ft.
Energy Star Qualified:
Cabinet Depth Design:
Adjustable Tempered Glass Shelves:
Stationary Glass Shelf:
Temperature Adjustable Meat Savor:
Moisture-Adjustable, See-Through Produce Drawers:
In-the-Door Dairy Compartment:
Yes with Cover
Internal Filtered Water Dispensing:
Premium Water Filter:
115 Volt, 60 Hz, 15 Amp Dedicated Circuit; 3-Wire Cord with Grounded 3-Prong Plug Attached To Product
Maximum Amp Usage:
Inlet Water Requirements:
1/4" Copper Tubing Inlet Waterline; Minimum 35 psi; Maximum 120 psi
Approx. Shipping Weight:
327 Lbs. (148.7 kg)
Two Year Full Warranty
Sealed System and Ice Maker:
Six-Year Full Warranty
Stainless Steel Exterior:
35 5/8" (90.5 cm)
Overall Depth To Front Edge of Side Trim:
23 1/2" (59.7 cm)
Overall Depth To Front Edge of Top Grille:
26 3/4" (67.9 cm)
Overall Depth To Front of Handle Endcap:
28 3/4" (73.0 cm)
70 1/8" (178.1 cm) Min. to 70 7/8" (180.0 cm) Max.
36" (91.4 cm)
24" (61.0 cm)
70 1/2" (179.0 cm)
"Cabinet Depth" Design
- "Cabinet Depth" design (24" deep side panels) integrates with surrounding cabinetry.
Frost-Free Refrigerator Professional Features
- Temperature adjustable MeatSavor/Produce Drawer can be set for either produce, or long-term fresh meat storage with its separate temperature control.
- Two moisture-adjustable, see through produce drawers.
- Four slide-out adjustable tempered glass spill-proof shelves; one stationary glass shelf.
- In-the-door dairy compartment with cover.
- Additional storage in five large door bins; two bins store gallon containers.
- Internal filtered water dispensing.
- Premium water filter provides cleaner water supply by filtering bad tastes, odor, sediment and harmful contaminants.
Frost-Free Freezer Professional Features
- Factory installed automatic ice maker.
Electronic Control Features
- Electronic controls with digital temperature readouts maintain the selected temperature in both refrigerator and freezer compartments.
- Water filter indicator light illuminates when water filter needs replacing.
- Max ice feature sets freezer temperature to optimum setting for maximum ice production.
- Door open alarm warns when door has been ajar for five minutes.
- High temperature alarm warns if freezer or refrigerator temperatures exceed normal operating temperatures.
- See-through egg container with carrier holds up to 24 eggs.
- Glass butter tray with cover.
Optional Installation Accessories
Finish and Design Options
- Stainless steel door with black cabinet sides and top.
- For the built-in look, use the Side Trim (FRSTKF) and Grille Kits (DFRGKFS).
- For the wrapped look, use the Side Panel (FRSPKF), Top (FRTOP), and Grille Kits (DFRGKFS).
- Two year full warranty - complete unit.
- Six-year full warranty - sealed system.
- Lifetime limited - stainless steel exterior.
- Twelve-year limited - sealed system.
- Ninety-day limited - cosmetic parts such as glass, painted items and decorative items.
- Warranty valid on Viking products shipped within the United States and Canada.
Viking Designer Series DDFF136SS Reviews