The Difference is Gaggenau
Gaggenau is the world's preeminent brand of restaurant-grade cooking technology for the modern home. Specializing in high-performance built-in kitchen appliances, its sleek portfolio includes ovens, modular gas, electric and induction cooktops, ventilation, refrigerators, dishwashers, specialty appliances such as steamers, grills and deep fryers, and the Asian-influenced Teppan Yaki.
Gaggenau stands for exceptional convenience and intuitive operation, just as in professional kitchens. Products contain high-quality, rugged surface finishes, easy to navigate panels and the most durable of materials, including shot-blasted aluminum surfaces that do not show fingerprints and sturdy control knobs that are a pleasure to use.
Professionals know what they want. They desire clear designs and instinctive controls. The professional kitchen exemplifies the belief that form follows function, and this is the model that Gaggenau has developed its design from. Gaggenau kitchens are not only beautiful, but also intelligent and inspiring. The quality of built-in kitchen appliances begins with the design. Gaggenau builds beautiful ovens, elegant dishwashers, ventilators, cooktops and refrigerators that far exceed expectations. With Gaggenau, form truly follows function.
Gaggenau creates small revolutions in design and technology. Explore their full range of home appliances, and discover how their innovative products combine to help you create the ultimate cooking experience.
Great functionality, discreet beauty, capacity and power to spare - they build the appliances home chefs dream of. Whether you prefer the practical advantages of a glass ceramic cooktop, the classic gas option, a modern induction cooktop, or an in-counter steamer, Gaggenau has all the answers. Their beautiful, powerful, high-speed cooktops are great individually, but perfect in combination with the special-purpose appliances from the Gaggenau Vario Series. See for yourself.
30" Glass Ceramic Cooktop with Touch Control Panel in the Cooking Zone Arrangement
The CK 481 is 30" wide with four generous cooking surfaces. The variable cooking zone arrangement makes cooking with large pots a pleasure. The integrated control display has sensor buttons that are not only a beautiful design characteristic, but also extremely practical to handle. And thanks to a smooth surface, the CK 481 is easy to clean.
The high-grade non-porous glass ceramic used in Gaggenau cooktops directs the full intensity of the radiated heat onto the cooking pot. The surface is perfectly smooth so you can easily slide a pot to one side to remove it from the heat. The cooking zones are marked with a pale outline against a dark surface. This smooh surface makes a useful extra working area when the heat is off.
Stainless Steel Frame:
Integrated Control Panel:
Graphical Sensor Control Panel:
Electronic Power Control:
Electronic Precision Control:
Residual Heat Indication:
Automatic Cooking Timer:
Automatic Quick Boil:
Cast Roaster for Roaster Zone:
Number of Cooking Zones:
Super-Quick Cooking Zone @ 5 11/16":
Super-Quick Cooking Zone @ 5 11/16"/8 1/4"/10 5/8":
Super-Quick Cooking Zone @ 7 1/16"/Roaster Zone 7 1/16" x 16 5/16":
Variable Cooking Zones
- The unusually large cooking zones can be combined in different ways to create larger or smaller cooking surfaces as required.
- The generous spacing between the zones means that you always have plenty of room to work comfortably, even with large saucepans, casseroles, square frying pans or long, narrow fish pans.
- The space advantage really comes into play when you have to cook for a big family or large group of guests.
Super Quick Cooking Zones
- These zones provide even heat output.
- After switching them on, they heat up quickly.
- Not only can heat be regulated extremely well, it is also clearly recognizable by the increasing bright red light.
Automatic Quick Boil
- Any chosen cooking level is briefly increased by four levels.
- The appliance automatically switches back to the set continued cooking level after approximately four minutes.
- The time can be set individually in the options menu, e.g. when using pots and pans with different degrees of thickness.
- This function does not involve a power increase in comparison with the maximum level, but reliably prevents boiling over.
Automatic Cooking Timer
- The required time for automatic shut-off on of one or several cooking zones can be chosen up to 90 minutes.
- You can also use the integrated time as a short-term reminder independently of functioning the appliance.
Residual Heat Indication
- All cooking zones of Gaggenau glass ceramic electric cooktops feature their own individual residual heat indication.
- This safety facility signals whenever cooking zones are still radiating residual heat after use.
Sensor Keys with Child Lock
- The cooking zones are replicated completely on the glass ceramic surface with a digital display and sensor keys.
- As they are assigned clearly, all settings can be activated and monitored conveniently.
- For activation, the master switch must be touched for two seconds.
- This protects the cooktop against unintentional activation by children or when it is being cleaned.
- The appliance is not activated by objects placed coincidentally on the keypad.
- Operation of the master switch while the appliance is on immediately switches off all cooking zones.
- The options menu can be used to tailor convenience functions such as automatic quick boil, or the settings of the various cooking zones, to suit individual cooking requirements.
- An extra child safety feature can be selected here, completely deactivating the control panel.
- All settings and timer values are stored for a few seconds after the cooktop is switched off, so that if the appliance is switched off unintentionally, all previously entered values are restored.
Cast-Iron Roaster for Glass Ceramic Cooktops
- Gaggenau developed this high quality, cast roaster made of non-stick coated cast aluminum specially for the 7-1/16" x 16-5/16" roasting zone on Gaggenau glass ceramic cooktops.
- Its base covers the roasting zone exactly, so optimum use of energy is assured.
- Its thick thermal conducting base guarantees even distribuition of heat and optimum heat storage.
- Even its lid can be used, for example for searing.
- Its non-stick coating allows "low-fat" cooking and makes for easy cleaning.