The Difference is Gaggenau
Gaggenau is the world's preeminent brand of restaurant-grade cooking technology for the modern home. Specializing in high-performance built-in kitchen appliances, its sleek portfolio includes ovens, modular gas, electric and induction cooktops, ventilation, refrigerators, dishwashers, specialty appliances such as steamers, grills and deep fryers, and the Asian-influenced Teppan Yaki.
Gaggenau stands for exceptional convenience and intuitive operation, just as in professional kitchens. Products contain high-quality, rugged surface finishes, easy to navigate panels and the most durable of materials, including shot-blasted aluminum surfaces that do not show fingerprints and sturdy control knobs that are a pleasure to use.
Professionals know what they want. They desire clear designs and instinctive controls. The professional kitchen exemplifies the belief that form follows function, and this is the model that Gaggenau has developed its design from. Gaggenau kitchens are not only beautiful, but also intelligent and inspiring. The quality of built-in kitchen appliances begins with the design. Gaggenau builds beautiful ovens, elegant dishwashers, ventilators, cooktops and refrigerators that far exceed expectations. With Gaggenau, form truly follows function.
Gaggenau creates small revolutions in design and technology. Explore their full range of home appliances, and discover how their innovative products combine to help you create the ultimate cooking experience.
Combination Steam and Convection Oven
This innovative dual-oven system combines the dry heat of a convection oven with non-pressurized steam in precisely calibrated portions. It is gentle on food - preserving shape, color, nutrients, and flavor, without adding anything harmful or fattening.
Combined with hot air, steam opens up all kinds of possibilities: steaming, baking, simmering, braising, reheating, and juicing. For perfect results every time. With the CombiSteam system, meat remains succulently tender, while the surface browns and crisps to perfection. Or use hot air by itself, ideal for short crust pastry and pies.
BS 260/261 - 30" Combination Steam and Convection Oven with Water Tank
Gaggenau brings the health benefits of cooking with steam into all homes with the Combination Steam and Convection oven with removable water tank. The one third of a gallon water tank supplies enough water for steaming at 100 percent for one hour. Plumbing and drainage are not necessary, allowing hassle-free installation anywhere in the home. The combination of convection and steam - combi-steam - provides all of the benefits of the locked-in moisture of steam, paired with the finishing touches convection delivers. The guesswork of the perfectly prepared soufflé is a concern of the past with combination cooking. A turkey stays succulent and juicy on the inside, but has the perfect crispiness on the outside.
Available in a stainless steel-backed or aluminum-backed glass front with a sleek, all stainless steel interior, the BS 260/261 is operated with the clear text LCD control panel fully integrated into the bottom of the all-glass door, offering an unobstructed view of the oven's cavity. No extraneous knobs, touch pads, or buttons remain on the door, creating a sleek line of site directly into the oven's interior. The door opens to a full 180 degrees, allowing for ease of loading and unloading food.
Energy Consumption with Convection:
Water Tank Capacity:
85 - 450°F
Convection with Humidity Levels:
30%, 60%, 80%, 100%
Electronic Temperature Control:
Function Display with Digital Clock:
Thermo-Test Actual Temperature Display:
Core Temperature Sensor:
Stainless Steel Cooking Interior:
Automatic Boiling Point Detection:
Thermally Insulated Door with Multiple Glazing:
Child Lock/Safety Lock:
Cooled Housing with Temperature Protection:
Stainless Steel Perforated Pan:
Stainless Steel Unperforated Pan:
Grease Filter in Front of Convection Fan:
- This method is particularly good for meat, as the combination of moist steam and convection makes it beautifully tender.
- At the lowest moisture setting, roasts cook in their own juice.
- Steaming is a better way of cooking almost anything that can be cooked in water.
- No vitamins nor flavor are lost.
- Vegetables retain their vibrant color, and have a more natural and distinctive flavor.
- As the steaming process is non-pressurized and the temperature stays at 212°F, this is a much gentler method than using a pressure cooker.
- For example, as even non-water soluble vitamins are retained better at such low temperatures.
- A capacity of 1.4 quarts (1.3 liters) guarantees sufficient water supply.
- The water tank is protected from calcification as far as possible, since the steam is only generated in the cooking compartment.
- The tank is easy to handle and transparent, which makes it easy to check on the water level.
- For hygienic reasons, the tank needs to be emptied after every cooking session and must not be cleaned in the dishwasher.
Water Level Warning
- An acoustic signal indicates if the water tank is empty.
- The display shows a faucet symbol.
- The heating process is then interrupted.
- To continue, the water tank needs to be filled and re-inserted.
Stainless Steel Cooking Interior
- The jointless stainless steel cooking interiors of the Combination Steam and Convection Ovens meet the highest hygiene requirements.
- The 60-watt halogen lighting allows good visibility during cooking.
Cool Steam System
- The cool steam generated without pressure in the Combination Steam and Convection Oven transfers heat very quickly, keeps things moist and is more energy-efficient than convection.
- Individual flavors and aromas are better retained, as are the color and shape of what is being cooked.
- With pressureless steam, more nutrients, including minerals and vitamins, are maintained.
Electronic Temperature Control
- Thanks to precise temperature control, it is possible, for example, to roast large items at lower temperatures and to keep them warm for several hours without loss of quality.
LCD Function Display with Digital Clock
- The main functions navigated through the control knobs are always visible on the light LCD display.
- The additional functions of the touch keys only become visible when needed.
- The digital clock can be used as a timer independently of the function set for the appliance.
- The automatic cooking timer allows both the length of cooking and the actual time the oven switches itself off to be programmed up to 24 hours in advance.
Core Temperature Sensor with Automatic Shut Off
- The core temperature sensor controls the temperature at the center of the food.
- The oven switches itself off once the desired temperature is reached.
- This ensures that no matter what is being cooked, it is always cooked right through.
- The core temperature sensor is removable.
Stainless Steel Cooking Inserts
- The Combination Steam and Convection Ovens are standard equipped with a shelf and both a perforated and a non-perforated insert.
- These stable, high-sided stainless steel inserts are ideal for use in the Combination Steam and Convection Ovens - and handy for storing items in the fridge.
- They can also be used as serving dishes.
- In addition, smaller inserts are available as optional accessories.
- These cooking inserts in different sizes can be used in combination to cook various dishes at the same time.
- They are dishwasher-proof, hygienic and easy to clean.
"Thermo-Test" Actual Temperature Display
- Precise temperature control and monitoring are especially important in the preparation of some dishes.
- The "Thermo-Test" feature allows you to check the temperature in the cooking compartment at any time and if, for example, you turn it down, it enables you to see when the new required temperature has been reached.
Automatic Boiling Point Detection
- Automatically determines the boiling temperature, which is dependent on the geographical position (height above sea level).
- That way the cooking result will be the same no matter where the appliance is used.
- Soiling inside the oven is softened with the help of steam.
- Afterwards, the oven interior can be cleaned easily.
- With this function, the cooking compartment can be dried using hot air.
- The drying process takes approximately 20 minutes and is recommended after steaming or cleaning.
Side Opening Door
- Appliance doors are fitted with heat-insulated glass fronts so that it is always possible to keep an eye on what is cooking.
- The side oven door handle is protected from high temperatures.
- The door itself opens to a full 180°.
- The location of the door hinge must be selected when ordering, since it is not reversible.
- This function can keep non-perishable dishes warm from 24 to 74 hours without operating the appliance.
- While using this function, the light in the cooking compartment is switched off.
Child and Safety Lock
- The child lock prevents the oven from being switched on unintentionally, while the safety lock interrupts any heating of the oven after 12 hours if it is not in use and the Sabbath mode is not activated.
Cooled Housing with Temperature Protection
- Gaggenau ovens feature temperature protection against overheating of the built-in appliance and surrounding kitchen units.
- Automatic housing cooling switches on as needed, even after the oven is turned off.
- The fan system is virtually silent.
Gaggenau 200 Series BS260610 Reviews