More than 125 years of history. . .
With 125 years of production and expertise in the appliance and metal industries, Blomberg is a quality and trusted name in the European household appliance market. Now owned by Arcelik, the 3rd largest appliance manufacturer in Europe, Blomberg has gained a sizeable presence in the average European home. For years Blomberg has been setting trends in both technology and style, and they continue to employ technologically advanced appliances, while still keeping the everday family life in mind.
Blomberg has always been on the cutting edge of technology, being the first company, in 1947, to produce a machine with less than 100 liters of water consumption. They have recently been given the Energy Award by the leading German consumer reporting magazine for most efficient appliances; as well as awards for innovation and ease of use.
As a widely recognized international name, Blomberg, has established themselves in the United States with production of dishwashers and refrigerators that are reasonably priced and are superior in features and quality. In the coming years, Blomberg, has its sights set on becoming a market leader in the United States, just as it has been in Europe for so many years.
Blomberg is renowned for its environmentally friendly cooling appliances. . .
Treating the environment with care is a constant theme driving the development of Blomberg's appliances from design through to manufacturing. Blomberg's cooling appliances are extremely efficient and kind to the environment, while using compatible technology, user-friendly handling and above all, considering the need for a common sense of responsibility in regards to environmental issues.
As an example, the European Commission judged the Blomberg fridge/freezer CT 1300 A "the most energy efficient refrigerator" at the Energy+ Competition in 2004. With the same daily electricity consumption as a 16 W light bulb, this award-winning Blomberg refrigerator has lower annual average energy consumption than any comparable appliance. In terms of the EU label classification, it qualifies for an A++ label.
This refrigerator uses 400 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $44.36.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating costs is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh. For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances.
Total Gross Volume:
14.83 Cu. Ft.
Fresh Food Compartment Net Volume:
10.77 Cu. Ft.
Freezer Net Volume:
3.04 Cu. Ft.
Semi No Frost
Temperature Recovery Time:
Fresh Food Compartment
3 Adjustable, Spill Proof, Glass
2 Drawers, 1 Flap
- 14.83 cu. ft. total gross volume.
- 10.77 cu. ft. net fridge volume.
- 3.04 cu. ft. net fridge volume.
2 transparent crispers
- The fully transparent vegetable drawers allow you to see the contents clearly without opening the drawer.
3 safety glass shelves
- The glass shelves are highly impact resistant, to prevent spillage of food onto lower shelves, and make cleaning easier.
- The glass absorbs the cold to help keep food fresh for longer.
1 chrome coated wine rack
4 door racks.
- The suspended stainless steel bottle holder is a practical accessory which is located just below the glass shelves.
- It provides extra storage space for bottles and is ideal for cooling wine and tall bottles of water.
3 freezer compartments: 2 drawers, 1 flap.
Ice cube tray.
Frost freezer compartment
- With Blomberg frost-free freezers, there's no need to defrost anymore which is great news for busy people!
HygION antibacterial protection.
- All models in Blomberg's refrigeration range have a special coating on the interior walls
- Providing protection against bacteria, microorganisms and algae growth
- and Providing the safest possible storage environment for your food.
- Thanks to its natural antibacterial activity, this silver coating provides maximum protection throughout the life of the refrigerator.
Blomberg BRFB1450X Reviews